Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Does anyone else just not see Magmortar/Heatran?

Dr. Mason

I don't see it. Firestarter+Stark Mountain is just better, especially because a Lv X with 4 Retreat Cost is not only ridiculous to set up, but because of the text of Flame Bluster. And I quote...

Magmortar Lv.X said:
During your next turn, Magmortar can't use Flame Bluster.

It's pointless. You can't use the attack twice in a row. so why wouldn't the easier to set up Typhlosion Stark Mountain combo be better?

I think Pokemon like Houndoom, Rapidash, Blaziken, and Infernape definitely would be much better.

Oh, and the Burn thing. I don't see it being a big enough bonus...again,
JMO,
Supes

Your forgetting Heatrans body. It's also a LOT easier to get out then a stage 2.

How is ato 30 inbetween turns not amazing? :/

Last edited:
I agree, Blaziken and heatran lx would be better. 80 to any pokemon, EVERY turn. Plus, you are still able to power up a blaziken on the bench while you attack.

Your forgetting Heatrans body. It's also a LOT easier to get out then a stage 2.

How is ato 30 inbetween turns not amazing? :/

I can rare candy a benched Cyndaquil. Instead, I'd have to retreat or warp point whoever is already out, level him up, and retreat or warp point again. A basic level X that isnt going to attack is a lot more troublesome.

I could see it being a lot better if you could be burned on the bench. Poison decks would be better too. But most of the excellent cards next format willmjust laugh. Raichu IFDS=Free Retreat. Dusknoir has free retreat with stadium. Lumineon, again, free retreat. I guess it's good for a quick 30 damage, but most of the time, it won't do much else. It does give Magmortar a much needed edge against Empoleon(30+100 for KO), but again, I still don't see the magic. Maybethe issue is more that Magmortar isn't terrible, it's dcent enough--it's just not excellent, like most of IFDS.

I can rare candy a benched Cyndaquil. Instead, I'd have to retreat or warp point whoever is already out, level him up, and retreat or warp point again. A basic level X that isnt going to attack is a lot more troublesome.

I could see it being a lot better if you could be burned on the bench. Poison decks would be better too. But most of the excellent cards next format willmjust laugh. Raichu IFDS=Free Retreat. Dusknoir has free retreat with stadium. Lumineon, again, free retreat. I guess it's good for a quick 30 damage, but most of the time, it won't do much else. It does give Magmortar a much needed edge against Empoleon(30+100 for KO), but again, I still don't see the magic. Maybethe issue is more that Magmortar isn't terrible, it's dcent enough--it's just not excellent, like most of IFDS.

well, let everyone else play it, and beat them. if your so sure that the deck wont work, let everyonelive in their fantasy world and just beat them

Back