Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Does anything ever just make you feel stupid?

aade8

So many times in the last few months, something like this has happened to me:

http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=998932&postcount=24

Now first of all, this has nothing to do with BidChuck01, I hold nothing against this person, only the situation.

I tried to say something to contribute and it ends up coming back to slap me in the face (as in, people say I'm dead wrong, or simply laugh at me). Over and over again this has happened, and I just wonder why people can't be more...constructive in their criticism. If people would simply say (using this situation as an example), "Well, using the SW Magmortar is better because the one energy attack with Flame Blast or its Flame Body are more useful than MT's Smoke Bomb would be in the end, so it pays off to just play SW." Or provide an example within a game or something, that would be fine. But instead, people laugh at me like I'm an idiot. I don't think that is necessary, and I think that is also the reason why people get discouraged from playing games like Pokemon or playing a sport or joining a club, etc.

So, my question is, does this happen to other people as much as it happens to me? And to people who make the discouraging remarks, why do you do it, and why can't you think of something more constructive to say?

I respect that this is a public opinion board, but if you plan to write a response saying something along the lines of 'get over it', I respectfully ask you to refrain from doing so. Thank-you.

Look down at a thread involving Australia, you will see my dilemma. I try and vent my frustrations and theyre made an international issue :)

I did read the thread, and, at the risk of repeating myself, I respect your position. I agree with you on the fact that the Australia OP situation is discouraging, but I may disagree with you on some other things.

Now, did I say that 'yeah, your comments were dumb', or just 'lol', no I didn't (Lionhart, I'm not criticizing you in any way saying that, I'm just using it as an example).

I did read the thread, and, at the risk of repeating myself, I respect your position. I agree with you on the fact that the Australia OP situation is discouraging, but I may disagree with you on some other things.

Now, did I say that 'yeah, your comments were dumb', or just 'lol', no I didn't (Lionhart, I'm not criticizing you in any way saying that, I'm just using it as an example).

Thats it, you don't have to agree, and at the same time it doesn't need to be made an international issue where you get those poeple saying "lol sook" or whatever. I'm calling it the way I see it.

Last edited:
Well, I know I've done it to ~´Flygon´~ , but that's just because he's an i***t IMO. (Thinking he's better than everyone, bragging. Oh, you should JUST see his signature)

But i get your point.

I think you really misunderstoof Chuck >_>

Read your post.
Personally, I run one MT. SW is better, but...

You say SW is better, but you run one MT. That's just funny. "Yeah, this card is obviously the play, but I use this one instead." It's funny. Why is someone laughing at something that is obviously rather silly coming off as mean?

Take a lesson from Zangoose. His body comes in handy all day, every day.

Whenever I dis somebody's idea or deck, I try to be nice about it and explain my reasoning. I don't have too much of a problem with people making me feel like a fool. But this kind of thing happens. I bet that is the reason why there are so many silent lurkers online. This is the first forum where I am really an active poster, not just some guy who reads everything and says nothing.

anymore, it seems that people on here are all about knocking everyone else. Public opinion is allowed, but some people seem to overdo it. You're hiding behind a computer screen. Opinions are good for healthy discussion, but to see people being hurt by it....that's never good.

I think you really misunderstoof Chuck >_>

Read your post.

You say SW is better, but you run one MT. That's just funny. "Yeah, this card is obviously the play, but I use this one instead." It's funny. Why is someone laughing at something that is obviously rather silly coming off as mean?

Take a lesson from Zangoose. His body comes in handy all day, every day.

I approve of this message.

Mistakes happen. Don't let a fear of them ruin your life. Sometimes you do get tired of it after awhile, but don't let it stop you from doing things if you are afraid of being laughed at. Everyone is going to be butt of the joke at one point or another. And as in this case, it was self-inflicted. Its something that I have had problems with. I do things and get laughed at, and I'm sure others do. Just some more than others. Don't let it stop you from doing things you want to do.

Uhm...to be fair, it might not be a case that he is deciding to be different/dumb on the matter, it might be that the MT one is just what he's got available. Heck, I think Empoleon level X is pretty keen, but I don't have one. So I don't use it. So, I think that's a case.

Also, lots of people mistake the internet for a place where adults come together to share ideas and debate logically. This isn't the case. No matter where you are at on the internet, you're either a troll or you are being trolled. It isn't good to be thin skinned. Take everything you read on the net with a grain of salt, regardless if you're on 4chan or not :) tl;dr - See ryanvergel's comment about Zangoose, hehe

Back