DOES IT!! Grinds In!! My 4th Place Grinder Report!!

Discussion in 'World Championships' started by TheDarkTwins, Aug 11, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. TheDarkTwins

TheDarkTwins Active Member

Hey All,

I decided to play my R-Gon that I had played (card for card) in the last 3 events that went 18-5.

Here is my matches -

R1 - ?????? - Eggs/Sceptile (Ex??)

I started with Trapinch and being able to evo to vibrave T2 I run thru his eggs. I eventually evo into Flygon Ex and 6-0 him.

Win

1-0

R2 - Jay G. - InferCatty

I get no energy and no supporters in my hand FTL.

Loss

1-1

So, now I need to win out to get in. I am bummed but I still have hope.

R3 - JPN Player - Shiftry DP/Houndoom

He gets a T2 Houndoom but Eggs and Ray + Strength x2 on his consective Seedots does him in.

Win

2-1

R4 - Jose - Kingdra Swarm

My Ray Ex start vs his Holon Magnemite start. I was worried about this matchup but he has energy problems and my Ray takes out too many poke for him to recover.

Win

3-1

R5 - JPN Player - (ElectiNite)

I get an absolutely horrible start. I dont get a Flygon d up til 3-5 min into sudden death. We each take 4 prizes. In sudden death I Trans for the Researcher and get Flygon d. RC into it and Swift his active Electivire with 10 on it. He goest and I have the win since I have Ray Ex on my bench to win on time.

Win

4-1

R6 - ??????? K. - Scizor Ex/Blastoise d

We both get decent starts. He koes my casty and with Steel Wing. I send up Ray Ex d and hit is Blastoise wtih 1 DMG on it (Rainbow). So he sends up Blasty by retreating Scizor Ex and koes my Fire Mew on my bench. Next Turn I play down my other casty and then I hit his Blastoise. He sends up Scyther and hits tails on agility. I got end up doing 70 with Ray to his Scyther. Now we are tied on prizes. He sends up his other Scyther with scizor is on the bench. I adv and draw Warp Point. I ko his Scizor with Mew for Crosscut. He sends up his Scyther (his only poke) Evo it since he is gonna lose either way. I crosscut again FTW.

Win

5-1

R7 - Aaron C. - Mega d/Meta DX/Techs

I dont remember much from this other than it was very close.

Win

6-1

So, I have made 5 of the 6 wins I need. I also need a bit of help from the 1 7-0 or the 5-2 who is playing up

R8 - ???????? - InferCatty

I get a eh start. He sends up Budew after taking 1 prize. He leaves it up 1 turn to long as I bring up Trapinch and trap it so I can set up. I finally tied it up by koing it. He koes my Trapinch. I send up Mew d + Charm to ko his Infenape. He brings up Monferno to ko my Mew d. I then ko his Monferno with Eggs.
    He then plays down Rosie and flicks my Flygon d. I briney it and then evo my Vibrava on my bench. I send up mew and flick poison his catty. He then plays stump and as Flygon d is the only pokemon I cant retreat next turn I discard it. He retreats catty and sends up Rosie and flicks my Mew* . I got (only 35 secs to go) to just flare blitz to make it, but I need to burn 35 seconds. I windstorm his stump, play 2 pokemon trans my discard for the Scientist and draw 10 cards. I then flare blitz the Rose FTW.

Win

7-1

I find out both the player I needed to win did so I make it in 4th.

Thanks for reading,

Drew

Props -

Mom for taking me to HI on her own dime
    Kyle S. for helping with R-Gon during the season (I still owe ya)
    Friends for just being supportive.

Slops -

Um, none :biggrin:

2. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

:clap:
    Congratz Drew.

3. andceo

andceo New Member

Good Job man!!!!

Props to you!

4. Gatsu

Gatsu New Member

Great job Drew!!!!!

i'm so happy for you and Martina (an italian player in senior who grinded in).

2 more players that i support in worlds 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. KingGengar

KingGengar New Member

Good job, Drew!

6. P_A

P_A Active Member

Good job Drew, hope you do well today, man.

7. Benlugia

Benlugia Gallery Contributor

good job man. take it home :)

8. homeofmew

homeofmew Active Member

good Job :)

9. Thats just Great to hear. Hope you make it to Day 3.

10. The Gorn

The Gorn Active Member

GJ Drew.

11. ZAKtheGeek

ZAKtheGeek New Member

Wait, I don't get it... are you saying you stalled him out?

12. Shellshock929

Shellshock929 <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Nice Job! GL today!

13. TheDarkTwins

TheDarkTwins Active Member

No, You are allowed to take a 35 second turn. I did legal actions to win. I played a supporter, trainers, and pokemon to allow the 35 seconds to burn. That is legal stalling since even if time wasnt up/running out I would of done the same thing based on my 5 card hand vs his 13. I am sure you would of done the same thing. Stalling becomes a problem when you start taking 2-3+ minute turns.

Thanks everyone else,
    Drew

14. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

congrats Drew!
    Of course you made it. You always top cut!

15. Fireborn

Fireborn New Member

GL today Drew, hope you do well! Thanks for taking the time to write this report =)

16. Epyon0015

Epyon0015 New Member

R-Gon all the way

17. Rambo1000

Rambo1000 New Member

i don't think you stalled at all, good playing. from what i heard, the aaron curry match was a heartbreaker, wish you woulda remembered more.

18. ChristianOrtiz

ChristianOrtiz New Member

congrats drew like i was talking to you earlier this morning youve improved so much bring it home for the east :D

19. mumsascrappa

mumsascrappa Active Member

Congratulations Drew!!! Sounds like you played some good Pokemon and had some fun!!!

20. evil psyduck

evil psyduck Moderator Trader Feedback Mod

Good job Drew. You'll have to tell me about it at gencon.