Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Double Rainbow Extinction

Rashad

Does anybody know if Double Rainblw energies will be printed in the next set or in Pop7 cause if not it looks like Double Rainbow Energies will be extinct next season. Please inform me on this.:confused:

It's not only DRE. It's Boost, Scramble, Holon's Castform, all of it. We'll be down to basic Energy and whatever new Energy comes out unless the ones previously mentioned are reprinted (which, I agree, is highly unlikely). New and uncertain times await....

Its not known yet, but I think its highly likely DRE will be reprinted. Its pretty much a core card like Candy and such, I don't think it'll ever be out of the game from now on.

It would be really surprising if they didn't reprint those energy cards, but can you imagine what it would do to the meta-game if they decided not to re-print them? :eek:

It would make the game a whole lot slower if they didn't reprint Double Rainbow Energy, Boost, or Scramble

More than likely it will be rotated because of the last sentence in it. (Can't be attached to ex's). Without that clause, it becomes broken as it has this format. It basically is non-retricted in it's use because no ex's are being made. Now as to a card coming out that has an efefct like it, that could be a possibility, but a straight up repriny is highly, HIGHLY unlikely.

Oh god thats true actually, forgot about that. To be honest the way things are going I wouldnt surprised if we got like, a reprint of Double Colorless or something like that instead.

Oh god thats true actually, forgot about that. To be honest the way things are going I wouldnt surprised if we got like, a reprint of Double Colorless or something like that instead.

DCE would be even more broken.

i have been thinking about this for awhile, next season the decks are going to be totally different without the scrambles, DRE an so on

i believe that they will come up with something else to take its place, i dont think we are going to be left high an dry without a special energy card supplying more then 1 energy

im just wondering WHAT they are going to come up with...

Funny, the judges here had this exact discussion during dinner tonight after our pre-release :)

My guess is we'll get new Special Energies that are in line with the current game format (such has restrictions on attachment to Level X Pokemon, much like how Double Rainbow is restricted to non-ex Pokemon). On the other hand, I figured such cards, if they were doing any, would be out already in Japan. Hmm.

Its possible that PUI judges want to see what an enviornment with energy cards that only provide on energy card will be like, and that if they find that the enviornment is unhealthy for the game they will simply create an energy card that works for the game, similar to how the made Claydol when Absol was dominant.

I hope DRE gets reprinted, but I can see the reason not to reprint it; it's been around for far too long, like Rainbow was, and it usually discourages use of other special energy unless the deck does not need DRE or something.

We seem to have lost Rainbow energy which was a staple in modified for a very long time. It does look like permanent energy acceleration will be just through powers, bodies, and attacks in future.

Of all the energies that it looks like we are probably going to lose I'd like to see Heal , Warp or Cyclone reprinted.

We had this same discussion at league yesterday. Maybe they will put DRE in the new POP set. If they do reprint the special energies, they need to reprint Crystal Beach also.

Back