Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

DP on Deck

Quatra

Ok i'd like to get some ideas of what would be a good combo for a deck based around DP 1 on up. I don't have a great deal of good Trainers from previous sets, nor the Pokemon to go with it. I have PETM, Celio's, RC, etc. So atleast i have some Draw cards to work with. I don't play at any League, so competition is only casual play. Lucario, Infernape, and Empoleon are the more popular ones. But i have seen them based around Delcatty for speed decks. But i'm looking to create a deck on just DP 1 onward. I have many Infernapes, Torterras, and various others. So hopefully i have the needed quantity of Pokemon to build the deck(s).

DP on?

Let's see... Raichu + Manectric is fun and is almost all Mysterious Treasures cards. Rampardos is nice as well, and is also mostly Mysterious Treasures.

Almost everyone is going to say "Blissey + Random card, lol it owns". That is partially true, but you'll want TV Reporters to make a Blissey deck, and those were in Dragon Frontiers...

Beyond that, I've frankly got no idea. It's not like there are any combos that have undeniably been unbeatable that have come from DP on (with no old cards but Rare Candies and Celios) yet.

Kriketune, Mario, Blissey+any other card ever, probably a few more, but you will most likely have to use trainers from other sets, Rare Candy, Celio, Castaway, Holon Mentor, bunches of stuff...not enough staple trainers DP-on...yet!

Well as i said in my Topic, i'm not looking to go to a Tourney and beat everyone. All i'm after is a nice deck to mess with around home. Manectric is a good card to work with. So if i was to use him as an attacker, what would work good with him? Say maybe Raichu from MT? Seeing as how i don't have to have Pichu to use his energyless attack, i won't need RC. That's all i'm asking, is for ideas to build a deck around cards released in DP, DP MT, and DP SW. Perhaps a few Trainers, Supporters, etc from Ex sets. And have a nice deck to play at home.

Right, Kricketune is another good card to mess with. Blissey seems to be almost automatic in any deck. Not really an attacking card, but a great Prof. Oak's Research.

yeah, a great attacking card. people don't even use happiny or blissey's power(boost energy!)

manetric and raichu would work ok, but electivire would work better.

Why use Blissey as an attacker? 10 extra per energy? Seems like you'd need a lot of energy attached to him to make it worth while. In the mean time they can knock down the HP to zero in no time. Two turns from Garchomp and he's gone. It's great you can search the discard for energys, but unless you discard any, it's pointless. I guess i don't understand what's great. Manectric does 20 times the energy, where as Blissey is 20 plus. Could you explain what the benefit is? Also, which Electivire are you talking about, DP or SW?

The fact that you're attaching energies from the discard to Blissey is what makes it so amazing. That, and nothing one shots it, where as Manectic's somewhat sad 80 HP is quite one-shottable.

A big advantage to Blissey is the Boost Energy as well, which was last in Dragon Frontiers. Manectric doesn't have such fun toys to play with :( (...Well, Scramble's awesome in that deck, but other then that...)

Good point, hadn't seen the HP difference. In our household, decks don't normally get built from high HP Pokemon.

Blissey can be set up with a boost+some other energy on turn 2. That's 50 damage. Manetric takes 4 turns to charge. Nothing oneshots blissey. blissey will kill gibble or chimchar or piplup or ANYTHING before the opponent can say "rare candy" T3, more energy on blissey and attach an extra from the discard(TVR). T4-T5, blissey is an unstoppable wave of death, leaving behind a wake of blood and tears. Oh, T7, you finally killed blissey, awww...i bring up my benched blissey with BOOST! Combo that with CC and battle frontier...invincible, unless your opponent is playing blissey...

blissey=bdif

ps: 95% of pokemon that take 4 turns to do damage are garbage

Gotcha, I'm just not that good at building decks. But gotta learn some how right? So what should i team him with? Maybe Lucario? or Vire?

take a hand full of random cards, throw them in the air, and use whichever card lands on your right foot! Nah, lucario and electvire work great. Also, blissey by itself(tons of balls) works great! some like delcatty. but with gallade running around, blissey is more vulnerable...well, if you want just a deck to beat your friends, anything with consistency will win!

Ok, Thanks for the Help. This will get me started anyway. Once i get the deck built, then i'll post it and see what everyone thinks.

Back