Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Drag EX? Are you serious?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

votalesin

Yeah I'm serious. And it works against the few people I've played. But it needs outside opinions. It's crazy and takes 3-4 turns to get rolling, but once its going, its obnoxious.

3 Holon's Castform
2 Sentret SW
2 Furret SW
2 Mareep DF
1 Flaffy DF
2 Ampharos SW
3 Dragonite EX DF
2 Dragonair DF
3 Dratini DF

4 Professor Elm's Training Method
4 Roseanne's Research
4 Team Galactic's Wager
4 Team Galactic's Mars
4 Rare Candy
2 Warp Point
2 Switch
1 Battle Frontier

9 Grass Energy
4 Multi Energy
2 Cyclone Energy

Set up: Castform or Sentret for preferred starters. Fill bench with Roseanne and Delta draw, or get to Furret 2nd turn to start looking for the cards I need. Use 1 energy on Castform, depending on hand, 1 energy on Sentret. If I have a PETM, I use the energy elsewhere, and focus on Furret's free attack.

Ampharos lives on the bench. If he ends up active somehow, utilize switch/warp point to get him back to the bench. In the event things aren't going well, 4 multi act as electric energy for his attack.
Dragonite with Deafen. Lock down of all non-supporters. Slow their setup by stopping Rare Candy and quick ball. Avoid the surprise warp point as well. Dragon Roar is good for cleanup, after they use supporters anyway and take damage from Ampharos' poke body, something on the bench will be low enough for you to dragon roar and place damage counters "however you like." Nothing more irritating than knowing that the next supporter you play knocks out a pokemon.

The real annoyance is the 4 copies of the 2 Team Galactic cards. Mars is early and mid-game, losing random cards can be a pain, if they were important, even moreso. Wager is mid to late game. By then all of setup will be complete, and with many copies of most cards, resetting your hand to 3 isn't really all that bad. But destroying your opponent's hand is the real beauty. In order to regain a hand of useable cards, your opponent will either use supporters and take damage, or...um... Well Delcatty decks found a way around, so I put in a Battle Frontier. Not too worried about windstorm or other stadiums either. After all, I used Deafen last turn.

I'd like to put in Cessation Crystals to lock all powers, since this deck has none. However it does have bodies, just Ampharos. If I use the Crystal early, supporters won't cause much damage, but if I use it later, then it may not be as bad.

Considerations:

1-0-1 Shiftry EX Again the poke power thing
1-1 Latilock Lots of bench space though...

Archtypes:

To be honest, every archtype deck is just a little different. And it also depends on the skill of the player. I can put up descriptions of best case scenario matches and some numbers that sway twords my deck, but I don't really know what they would be. And for every thing I could put, someone will tell me of some random tech that only exists in their state that I've never seen or heard of that destroys me. But that being said, here goes.

Infernacatty 65-35
If they go second and I only start with my Sentret or Castform its over. But if they hesitate and let me get setup I can keep forcing cards out of their hand. I would like a second battle frontier or a Scott just for this deck.

Hurricane 70-30
Very slow deck vs kinda slow deck. It will be a long game, but in the event that I can keep the hand sizes down via Wager after Delcatty EX comes out, shouldn't be too hard. The deck requires little searching and quite a bit of draw to function, both decks do actually. So it will be a matter of, can I get my ampharos before he gets his Feraligatr powered

Feraligatr/Meganium or Execcutor 50-50
I really should fit a POP5 mew in here to fight Meganium. Once the delta reduction starts, a mere 2 warp points and 2 cyclones won't be enough to help. Starting hand is key, if I deafen before he rare candies for the evolution impulse, I have a shot.

Blissey Variations ??-??
Which one? Many Blissey decks run ball engines allowing for fast and constant searching. Castaway is a main supporter, but a mere 10 damage won't scratch the giant ball of pink unstoppable evil. Deafen, wager, dragon roar, warp point. If something good happens I can maybe squeak out a victory. But its doubtful.

Electivire 55-45
I like attaching energy. You like playing supporters, it a poke body war during this game. Makes me rethink the cessation crystal idea. With Electivire able to hit for 120, 3 energy attaches and my Dragonite is toast.

Ideas, suggestions and fixes are welcome as always.

I would suggest trying not to start with castform in this format since there is just so many fighting decks. Also Try to make it faster to set up since there is a lot of T2 decks. If you get it running faster it would be a lot better!

the only thing I suggest is you might want to look at Budew or Mawile from CG as your setup pokemon Mawile can look for trainers, supporters etc ( New compendium ruling) to help get the much needed rare candy as can Budew. How are you going to deal with the 4 energy needed by draggy? I think this is where you need to speed things up. Looks like a good deck though.

Mawile would be nice, I have 4 of it. If he can get RC and Supporters then he's golden. Maybe run 4 of him and cut the Furret line and go down to 2 Castform. Roseanne's gets him for energy, allowing cyclone to be used again.

As far as the 4 energy, I am concerned about it. Once the Deafen/Jamming lockdown starts, I will have the 2 turns to attach the extra for Dragon Roar. Which I won't be using until late game, in hopes of clearing out 2-3 pokemon in one hit. So again, the speed issue.

Altaria EX is too big a risk, 100HP EX with a power is just asking for Rayquaza D EX to destroy it. Flygon d is a 3rd stage 2 line, that alone should be a discouragement. Firestarter doesn't sync well, and again stage 2. I miss Dragonite d from Delta Species sometimes, I really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back