draging picture files into microsoft word

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by TrEkIeV, Mar 12, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrEkIeV

TrEkIeV New Member

whenever i drag a picture file (.bmp, .jpg, .gif) file into the microsoft world window, it shows up as an icon instead of the picture.

does anyone know how to disable that feature so that when i drag picture files into word, the picture will show up?

2. onederlnd

onederlnd Administrator Emeritus

What version of Word (Office) are we talking here?

3. TrEkIeV

TrEkIeV New Member

word 2000

4. onederlnd

onederlnd Administrator Emeritus

Where is the image you are trying to drag into the window? In a browser or already on your computer? Have you tried to copy/paste the image into a document? If so, does it work?

Typically if you drag an image from the internet, it won't show up right, an icon being one of the ways it handles the image. Try saving the image to your computer and inserting it from there.

5. TrEkIeV

TrEkIeV New Member

the picture file is already on my computer

6. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Use the Insert... picture from file
    command

7. TrEkIeV

TrEkIeV New Member

that works, but i'm trying to insert 90+ pictures, and highlighting and dragging them in is a lot easier

i'm trying to print out a graphical spoiler of the TM/TA set, and want the pictures to be displayed 9 per page.

8. TrEkIeV

TrEkIeV New Member

THIS is what happens when i dragged the files in to the document, but this is what i want to see INSTEAD

9. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

It would be a lot easier to do this in a graphics program like PrintMaster, rather than Word, IMO.

Nice sig, BTW...=/

'mom

10. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Check this: Go to Tools, Options, Edit tab, then see if Smart Cut & Paste is selected.

11. TrEkIeV

TrEkIeV New Member

turning off "Smart Cut & Paste" didn't help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.