Dragon Error Cards

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by SteveP, Nov 16, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

Here's two cards I've found so far in Dragon that have printing errors. I'm sure others will find more.

- Reverse Holo Forretress - the Pineco image is washed out.

- Reverse Holo Magnemite - the resistance symbol is an empty white circle (like the colorless symbol without the star in the middle).

2. Nick15

Nick15 Member

Haha, nice :D

3. sneaselsrevenge

sneaselsrevenge New Member

What's the number on the Magnemite? My rh Magnemite #63 has a perfectly visible metal resistance.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2003
  4. Marcello-Milord

Marcello-Milord New Member

it's the other Magnemite, #64 if I'm not wrong, that hasn't any resistance... But the reverse holo version has this "hole" where resistance was supposed to be. But which resistance? Any! ^^

5. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

According to simular rulings it is best that you "play as is". This means if you play a reverse-holo magenton then it will have no resistance (there is no resistance symbol). If you play the normal variant, then you should play with its resistance to metal.

Of course MTJimmer and MTDave is probably getting hailed by this problem already.

6. Marcello-Milord

Marcello-Milord New Member

mysterioustrainer: we're talking about 2 differents Magnemite. 1 have resistance to metal, and reverse holo version is ok (with resistance)... the other version with no resistance, but the reverse holo version has a "hole" as it was supposed to be a resistance symbol there... but that card is not meant for having resistance.
    it's only a stupid misprint similar to the wizard' one for a basic card (don't remember which one, ask to Nick15) that had the cut on the holosheet for the evo box... but there wasn't any evo box. :)

7. marril2k

marril2k Member

I beleive that card was Fossil Zapdos... hmm, with these fun errors, I can't wait till the Boston prerelease >:D

-marril

Last edited: Nov 16, 2003
  8. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

All I am saying is play as is, if there isn't a symbol (just a blank white circle), that means that Pokemon in play has no resistance, that is what Steve and I ruled at the Colorado Prerelease.

9. Nick15

Nick15 Member

Well, the policy with errors is if an error disrupts normal game play (think Rocket's Minefield Gym) it would be errata'd.

I get the feeling that, considering that a resistance was intended (I assume the "-30" still exists, doesn't it?), that the card would need to be errata'd. It's not like the Japanese Magnemite had the resistance but the English one did not have it printed at all....

10. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

Regarding the Magnemite mis-printer, like mysterioustrainer said, we went with the general rule to play as printed unless the error makes no sense whatsoever. Luckily, no one used metal in the 11-14 age group where the error-card was being played.

This card could very well be errated, but we had to make an on-the-spot call which was actually a moot call since the player never faced metal.

11. mtjimmer

mtjimmer Master Trainer, Emeritus

It's just a grey circle (means nothing) - the non-foil of that particular version doesn't have a Weakness either.

12. Imperial

Imperial New Member

yeah i noticed the magnimite also.
    a dragon card from Expedition i noticed an error on yesterday.
    the Charizard with Flamethrower and a 3D type picture, it says "Put this card on the Basic Pokemon" does that mean you can evolve it from charmander?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.