Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dragon Prerelease LaGrange,IN Nov 22nd GBA on big screen, side events, GBA Reg Sheet!

farbsman

Date: November 22nd 2003

Time: Registration from 11am-11:45am EST

Play begins at: Noon

Cost for main tournament: $15

Tournament Location:
Moose Lodge Conference Room
410 East Central Avenue
LaGrange, IN 46761

Same great judging staff as the Sturgis, Michigan Sandstorm Prerelease tournament. This location is located about 10 minutes south of Sturgis Michigan. See webpage at http://www.pokemonleagues.com/events/dragonspr/ for maps and other information.

All Ages Welcome!! Pokemon Organized Play is featuring three age brackets for the Main Tournament play. Our age brackets are; 10 and under, 11 to 14, and 15 and over. The main event will feature the same prize structure for all three age brackets!

Door Prizes to be awarded at event and may include the E-Card Reader, Video Games. Drawings for a Gamecube and/or Gameboy Advance SP also possible.
Play in the Prerelease in Columbus OH or Detroit Michigan and recieve a free pack of Aquapolis cards at the LaGrange Event!!

Everyone who signs up for the event will receive a special prerelease card from the upcoming expansion that is only available at one of these events!

Main Tournament Format

You will not need to bring a deck or any other cards in order to play. After registration ends you will recieve 6 packs of Pokemon EX Dragons and will need to build a forty card deck out of those cards and the basic energy that will be available for your use at the tournament. All energy will need to be turned in at the end of the tournament but you get to keep everything you recieve in your 6 packs of cards!!

The tournament will be age-modified swiss and you will be given 30 minutes in order to play each round. During this tournament you will only play with 4 prize cards instead of the normal 6.

Prizes
1st Place
1 Box of Pokémon-e TCG: Ex Dragons Booster Packs

2nd Place
18 Pokémon-e TCG: Ex Dragons Booster Packs

3rd & 4th Place
9 Pokémon-e TCG: Ex Dragons Booster Packs

5-8th Place
4 Pokémon-e TCG: Ex Dragons Booster Packs

Side Events

We will be offering a Game Boy Advanced Ruby and Sapphire Tournament after the Main Prerelease Event. This event is FREE!!

Gameboy advance tournament will have 2 players randomly selected to play on the 2 big screen TV's and the gamecubes with the Gameboy player hook to them. They will be linked via link cable allowing each player to have there own big screen in which to play there game. The TV's will be set in place so that one player can't see the others screen.

Players will need to fill out a GBA Pokemon Registration Sheet before playing in the tournament. These sheets will be available at the tournament or you can download them below.

Word Document
http://pokemonleagues.com/info/Pokemon_GBA_Reg.doc

Acrobat Reader
http://pokemonleagues.com/info/Pokemon_GBA_Reg.pdf

Also after the main tournament we will be holding various side events.

Pokémon Unlimited-Swiss Tournament-Players will need to bring there own 60 card deck. The only cards banned in Unlimited are _____'s Pikachu and Antient Mew. Players will play a number of rounds of Unlimited Swiss based on attendance. Players will then break to top 8 to determine the winners.

Cost: $5.00

Prizes (For every 8 players after the 8 needed to run this tournament, 14 packs will be added to the total packs given away as prizes):

1st Place-6 EX Dragon Booster Packs
2nd Place-4 EX Dragon Booster Packs
3rd & 4th Place-2 EX Dragon Booster Packs

Pokémon Modified-Swiss Tournament-Players will need to bring there own Modified Legal 60 card deck. Players will play a number of rounds of Modified Swiss based on attendance. Players will then break to top 8 to determine the winners.

Prizes (For every 8 players after the 8 needed to run this tournament, 14 packs will be added to the total packs given away as prizes):

Pokémon-Swiss Tournament-Players will need to bring there own Legal 60 card deck. Decks can be made of cards in Neo Genesis and up including Nintendo Cards and all Promos. Sneasel and Slowking are banned in this tournament. Players will follow the current Nintendo Rules for play. Players will play a number of rounds of Swiss based on the number of participants. Players will then break to top 8 to determine the winners.

Pokémon Legendary Limited Tournament - Each Player will receive 5 packs of Legendary Collection in order to build a 40 card deck. Energies will be provided. Players will play with 4 prizes. This event will be Modified Swiss with a top 8 if there are at least 16 players. If there are less then 16 players, there will be no Top 8.

Cost $8

3rd&4th Place-2 EX Dragon Booster Packs

Pokémon Modified "Mutant" - This is a fun, non-sanctioned event using the current modified format. In this format, Pokémon can evolve from any Pokémon of their type, as opposed to just their own Evolution chain. (So this would mean that you could evolve, for example, an Ivysaur from a Paras, since they're both of the same type (Grass)). Click here for Mutant rules.

Pokémon "Mutant" Old Modified - This is a fun, non-sanctioned event using the old modified format plus the new nintendo cards. In this format, Pokémon can evolve from any Pokémon of their type, as opposed to just their own Evolution chain. (So this would mean that you could evolve, for example, an Ivysaur from a Paras, since they're both of the same type (Grass)). Click here for Mutant rules.

Pokémon Unlimited "Mutant" - This is a fun, non-sanctioned event. In this format, Pokémon can evolve from any Pokémon of their type, as opposed to just their own Evolution chain. (So this would mean that you could evolve, for example, an Ivysaur from a Paras, since they're both of the same type (Grass)). Click here for Mutant rules.

Pokémon Team "Mutant Tournament -Bring in your own 2-player team to compete in a Modified Swiss tournament! Each team will have one modified deck for each team member to use. In this format, Pokémon can evolve from any Pokémon of their type, as opposed to just their own Evolution chain. (So this would mean that you could evolve, for example, an Ivysaur from a Paras, since they're both of the same type (Grass)). Teams will be paired each round for swiss match play and the top 4 teams after the swiss rounds will split to top 4 and play in a single elimination tournament with prizes being awarded at the end. Click here for Mutant rules.

Cost per team: $10

Prizes (For every 8 Teams after the 8 needed to run this tournament, 14 packs will be added to the total packs given away as prizes)

Each Player in the team Receive:

Pokémon Team Tournament -Bring in your own 2-player team to compete in a Modified Swiss tournament! Each team will have one modified deck for each team member to use. Teams will be paired each round for swiss match play and the top 4 teams after the swiss rounds will split to top 4 and play in a single elimination tournament with prizes being awarded at the end.

Cost per team: $10

Prizes (For every 8 Teams after the 8 needed to run this tournament, 14 packs will be added to the total packs given away as prizes)

Each Player in the team Receive:

We will be playing until either midnight or until we can no longer get 8 people in the side events. We are gonna play all day and all night if possible!!!

For more information and hotels ect. go to http://www.pokemonleagues.com/events/dragonspr/

Last edited:
*sob* have fun *sob* maybe I can send a virtual NoPoke to play. Will there be an internet connection there?

Anyone coming? Anyone have any preferences on what side events I run as far as format?

Also, if your in the LaGrange area this week or weekend we have a street fair currently going on (sept 30-oct 4th) and if you stop by the booth outside Karen's Ice cream shop you can pick up info on the tournament and also a Kyogre EX and Groudon EX holo card!!

Last edited:
well, i might be coming with sands...for side events, why not have booster drafts of sets, and change them for each draft? like GH/GC, and LC, and Exp/Aq/Sk, etc.

I'd go for the modified constructed, and my son would like to do a GBA tourney. We'll plan to be there nevertheless.

**You see a crowd of people that have gathered in the distance, you notice many people are all watching the same thing. As you get closer you here the sounds of Pokemon battling in the distance. As you get closer you start to here people talking about the great Gameboy battle that is going on up ahead. You think to yourself, how can all these people be watching a Gameboy battle? Then you finally get through the crowd and your question is answered!!**

details coming soon :)

Gameboy advance tournament will have 2 players randomly selected to play on the 2 big screen TV's and the gamecubes with the Gameboy player hook to them. They will be linked via link cable allowing each player to have there own big screen in which to play there game. The TV's will be set in place so that one player can't see the others screen.

I am the TO for the event, but this info is only specific to my tournament in Lagrange, IN. This is something I am doing as an extra thing.

SomethingElse said:
that will be awesome, will it be battle tower lv. 50? if so, i need to get ready....also, what are the bans and stuff?

OOPS!! my fault, I never put the info for the Gameboy advance tournament up. The rules will be the same as the Battle tower. Which are:

· 3 Pokemon of level 50 or lower.
· No two of the same Pokémon.
· Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza are banned.
· No duplicate held items.
· Certain powers (Rest, Recover, etc) are not allowed after 8 minutes into the match.
· "Modified" GBA cartridges are not allowed.

Also, I found out players were using the game guides at the last tournament. I even had a few players tell me I had told them they could use them. I will not allow anyone to use the game guides during the tournament.

I will post information on Side events and there costs allong with food information and more next week. Still finalizing a few things. I will also try to get a list of stuff I will have as door prizes.

Mitsirugi said:
The game boy advance big screen thing sounds cool,can't wait til it goes down,I'll be there :cool:

I am hoping to clarify what Farbsman said earlier in this post. Farbsman is doing the GBA as a side event for his tournament since he is the T.O. This event is in LaGrange, Indiana. I saw under your screen name that you are in California. Are you planning to attend this Prerelease from California? If so, that is fantastic!

Back