Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

DS Lites (Yellow Screen)

Mew

KK, so on all the shipments of 2007 DS lites, the touch screen has a lite yellow tent to it. It is another layer meant to protect the screen for a longer period of time.

Okay, so I'm getting a lite for Christmas, and I was wondering how ugly is it? I've also heard that it is a little less responsive to your touches.

Anyone have one of these?

I do, and when I first played on it, I thought I got a defective DS, but I guess not. You are correct, it seems that it takes a double-take sometimes to ensure that you actually 'click' the screen. Overall, though, once you get used to it, it really doesn't make a difference.

Really? My DSL is 07 vintage, and I don't see much of a problem with the lower screen. MUCH better than my DSPhat, brighter, sharper, all that jazz...

It has a yellow screen? Meh...I guess I'll wait for the next gen DS to (eventually) come out and just stick with good old original DS for now.

It has a yellow screen? Meh...I guess I'll wait for the next gen DS to (eventually) come out and just stick with good old original DS for now.

It's there, but I looked at my friend's a couple days ago, and it's really not that noticable.
Afte you play with it for 5min, you never notice it again.

I don't know what shipment mine was (I got it in Feb 07 so it was probably 07 shipment and not 06 since it was right after Christmas and Lites would probably be all sold out if they were 06 shipment)but I have never noticed any kind of defect with mine. There could just be a manufacturing error and some of the Lites shipped out got it and some didn't. Who knows maybe I'm a lucky one.:cool:

Back