Dugtrio - I see some potential

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by CyberManectric, Oct 30, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. CyberManectric

CyberManectric Active Member

Honestly, I think Dugtrio is broken and has some great potential. However, both of it's attack rely on coin flips. Anyone have good combos with this cards or waht decks be good with it?

Discuss the greatness that is SW Dugtrio here.
    ~Cyber~

2. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

You said it, both attacks rely on coin flips. Decks that run Mightyena EX, Warp Point, or Cyclone Energy walk right over Dugtrio's first attack, no matter what you do. The second attack is remarkable in that it OHKOs Blissey if the opponent's as lucky as I am...

Now, to power Dugtrio: Will Scramble work? Not really, as Dugtrio's attacks are massively damaging most pokemon. Will DRE work? Yes with the first attack, and needs a pluspower/strength charm for the second attack. The fact that it only has 90 HP is a tad saddening, but any higher WOULD be broken. 90 at least puts it above Kricketune 1 shotting it, w/out Pluspowers. Magmortar kinda makes jokes with Flameball Bazooka-ing the bench then Flame Blasting whomever's active (or even Flame Blustering to one shot a benched Dugtrio), but whatever. :/

3. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

I think Dugtrio can be fun. Potential 100 if they flip Tails is fun.

4. Phazon Elite

Phazon Elite New Member

Averages 75 for three and 30 for two to a Benched on a Stage 1.

It's useable.

5. Darkwalker

Darkwalker New Member

Way too flippy to ever be reliable. I don't think this will make it past fun league decks.

6. vanderbilt_grad

vanderbilt_grad New Member

I find it somewhat interesting since you can run the CG Dugtrio with this one. Dig Trap and Sand Veil together is reasonably solid defensively even with the flip and Cess in some decks. Both Dugtrio's can snipe and they have different weaknesses. Dig Trap isn't hurt by DRE so you can run that for speed.

7. The Phenom1993

The Phenom1993 New Member

Dugtrio can work very well if you are lucky, if not don't play him.

8. maddox23

maddox23 New Member

its cool as heck. love it

9. Typhlosion King

Typhlosion King New Member

I thought he was cool until I saw that if they retreat, its 2nd attack does nothing. Dugtrio is a terrible card, even worse since Blissey is played less often nowadays.