Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

DukeFireBird's Worlds Adventure to Paradise!

DukeFireBird

Gallery Administrator<br>Forum Moderator
Thursday - I arrive at KOA and let me say WOW. The terminal is COMPLETELY OUTDOORS. Thats right, no building.

I shuttle up to the Hilton with Jason K, PokePop, and others. I then attempt to find my hotel which is only less than a half mile from the Hilton, but i get lost =/. I eventually find my hotel and WOW, the size of it... I have 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, dining room, family room, all for less than 700 for 4 nights.

I go to the Hilton and meet up with z-man and his family. We finish off his brothers deck then we go get dessert. I then go to my hotel and sleep.

Current walking distance - 9 miles

Friday - I wake up and meet z-man and family for breakfast, but not before I go picture taking.

Took a few pictures and 2 videos of the arena, which looks awesome. They have the 3 divisions seperated into two high tiers and 1 low tier.

Grinder will start at 1:00 PM Hawaii time, 4:00 PM PST, 7 EST.

After the grinder concludes ill write for my report.

UGH, I bombed bad

R1 vs infercatty, i get a setup and i end up winning a close game
R2 vs hariylutions, they disrupt my hand so severe that i cant play a single card
R3 vs gengar, i get umbreon to help me out so i win!
R4 vs infercatty, I get owned bad

I drop after going 2-2.

I decide to go volunteer and I do get a confirmed spot.

Current walking distance - 15 miles

Saturday - I get up and get ready for volunteering.

Prior to volunteering, I watch the opening ceremonies (video taken) and let me say. it was AWESOME!!!

I get put with Karl B with side events and we run 2 DS tournaments. No not DS as in Delta Species, but DS as in NINTENDO DS. First was a modified constructed which ran 4 hours. We then went into a team sealed format, which also took 4 hours.

The mutant draft. I pull nothing good and i lose R1, Single elim... Nothing in my consolation pack

Current walking distance - 25 miles

Sunday - I'm also volunteering today for the MT prerelease

All in all, we had about 300 people for the prereleases total, and alot of cool cards were pulled.
I also went to do side event staffing, and I was overwhelmed with the amount of players for the side events.

[EERIE MUSIC]
Dave S. and Pete D. came to me and wanted to see me about my performance for the weekend. They took me aside................................

AND GAVE ME A STAFF BAG!!!

I was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy!!!!

Pete and Dave, and the rest of the staff, you guys ROCK!!!

[/EERIE MUSIC]

Well, the closing ceremonies were beyond spectacular, and then I went to eat for the last meal with z-man's family, before they left.

Current walking distance - 35 miles

PROPS
Getting to volunteer
Meeting new friends
Getting a staff card on volunteer status
PIPLUP
Z-man and his family for being so generous
Asking Dave if he wanted a scone
Weather
Z-mans brother getting 20th in grinder...only 7 slots short
Teammates
Exercise
Dave giving me a free drink!!! WHOO
Getting a staff bag for my hard work!!!

SLOPS
2-2 DROP
Not getting a free hat in the grinder.....
Dropping from grinder and still getting paired =/
missing my girlfriend (a_shy_girl_1999) =,<
getting lost
walking about 40 miles in a weekend
Hurricane coming close to Hawaii before I leave =/
Not getting cards signed

RANDOM QUOTES
Chrisbo: (Shows me a monster energy drink can in his lab coat pocket) "You know what this is?.....Pocket Monster"

Dave S. "Chris, how old are you?" me, "24" Dave, (Hands me a coupon for a free drink) "Go get yourself something to drink"

Jimmer - "Heres team magma", me, "Those are fighting words (shows Team Aqua wristband to Jimmer)"

Sounds like you had a great time in Hawaii! Pete, Dave, Mike, Jimmer, Angela, Susan and the rest of PUI are great folks.

Keith

Chris, awesome job scoring a staff bag for all your hard work. Sounds like the event was a blast and the overall experience is amazing. I wish i could of been there to see it. I also gotta admit the PUI staff are really cool guys.

Too bad you bombed but you got a ton of exercise and got to stay in a very nice hotel. Cant wait to play against ya next year at worlds 08 in orlando.

Back