Dutch Nationals 1st place masters :D

Discussion in 'Tournaments & Events Worldwide' started by Treecko, Jun 3, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Treecko

Treecko New Member

Well, here’s my report:

After a few weeks of testing with MD, I think empoleon’s the most solid choice (I hate GG so I didn’t want to play it). The week before I tried a lot of different things, but in the last day I changed to aerodactyl, which helped me a lot. Too bad I took out lati-lock, it would’ve been useful with the decks that were around.
    Not sure about which match I played when, but I remember the first one.

Round 1 vs. Anna S. (Empoleon/omastar)
    First round immediately one of the better players :/
    I start with helix fossil, some energy’s (call, yay) and a wager,
    She starts and I attach call and wager, which I win but I draw only energy’s and candy’s so I just call. Next she plays a wager and then I get candy empoleon but no celio’s/bebe’s to get claydol. I just start spreading because she was using phione to evolve things.
    After a few turs I get celio’s for claydol and she get’s setup too. We just spread a bit and all, but I take the lead. When I need one prize she plays omastar wager but I win again and draw a celio to get prinplup, and I kill her phione that had 30 damage for the last prize.

1-0

Round 2 vs. Maurice v/d B. (GG/Dusknoir)
    Well, I don’t get any energy for 3-4 turns and he gets T3 gallade or something so he just kills all of my pokemon.

1-1

Round 3 vs. Paul M. (Magnezone)
    Well, I get a normal setup thanks to call energy, and I just start spreading.
    I just don’t ko his pokemon so his scrambles won’t work and he can’t do really enough to kill my empoleons, so I win.

2-1

Round 4 vs. Ron S. (Blissey/weavile/darkrai)
    I take the lead here thanks to a T2 empoleon and he can’t keep up when I keep koing his darkrai’s and all. When I got like 2 prizes left he sleeps me a few turns and I just don’t wake up lol. But in the end I still win.

3-1

Round 5 vs. Maurice M. (Garchomp)
    He starts off with killing my baltoy T2 with his claydol and PP
    But he plays Crystal Beach so no scramble :/
    I have to give away a few prizes before I can start going, but then I just sweep away all of his garchomps, and he cant get energy on new gible’s fast enough because I kill them every time.

4-1

Round 6 vs. Lennard W. (Garchomp/togekiss)
    I remember he had his togepi’s prized so he just had to attach manually. He did start with pachirisu so that sucks vs. my empoleon. But he can’t really get up a lot fast enough due to the togepi’s prized. After I omastar/wager him he got only some baltoy’s and gible’s without energy’s and he scoops.

5-1

Yay I’m in the top 16 :D

Top 16 vs. Ron S (Darkrai/Weavile/Blissey)
    Game 1 is pretty close, I don’t remember a lot of this but I was pretty slow with setup. He gets time to build up a blissey with all the crap so he can 1HKO my empoleon’s.
    It’s pretty hard to keep up but I scramble with empoleon like 2 times to Ko his blissey’s back.
    In the end he got 1 prize and I had 2 left. I drop an omastar and dual splash for the win.
    Game 2 I get a fast empoleon and kill everything he gets.

Top 8 vs. Kevin de M. (don’t know if i can say the deck)
    This is one of the hardest matches of the day. Last year I played against Kevin in finals.
    I don’t really remember a lot of this, but Game 1 I can’t really get up enough (that’s the stratey of the deck) and I just get all my pokemon killed.
    Game 2 I’m faster and he can’t really keep up because I 1HKO his pokemon after a few dual splashes.
    Game 3, Kevin starts without energy’s, however he does slow me down a bit. But I get setup anyway, and he still got no energy in turn 2/3 or something, then It’s pretty late when he gets energy, so I draw about 3 prizes and then time’s called.

Top 4 vs. Maurice v/d B. (GG/Dusknoir)
    I start better now than in swiss (energy yay)
    I get a fast empoleon and I kill some of his pokemon before he gets something up. He get’s a gallade when I got like 2 prizes but It already had 30 and I just put my bench full so I can OHKO the gallade. I get his claydol with my empo lv. X out of his 3 cards in hand and he can’t do anything after that.
    Game 2 is a bit harder, because I got less time to build up things and he gets dusknoir out early. Don’t remember this a lot but it’s a close game and in the end it’s 1-1 in prizes. I just KO-ed a pachi that had 60 and I won.

Top 2 vs. Lia v B. (Empoleon but different from mine)
    Well we don’t really play, I’m going with them to worlds anyway.

So I end up first, Lia 2nd, Also Jasper in seniors 1st and Jeanette 2nd

Props:
    Empoleon
    Aerodactyl
    Lia
    TO’s for the great tournament

Slops:
    No energy
    HELIX FOSSIL!!! (I started like 8 rounds with it :/ )
    Gallade (as always)

2. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

Congrats Arco. hmm message too short. how about Now?

3. andceo

andceo New Member

Congratulation Arco!!!
    Too strong for us!!!

But well, if you don't do at least T8 this year at Worlds you're definetely a n00b (LOL)

4. Jason

Jason New Member

Congrats on 2-peating Nats, Arco ;)

Hope to see you at Orlando :)

5. SuperE

SuperE New Member

GJ Arco :D
    cya at worlds, !

6. Leonners

Leonners New Member

Congratz, arco. Actually, one of the best player in europe!
    I hope to meet you soon!

7. Fireborn

Fireborn New Member

Congrats Arco, you really deserved to win again this year =D Aerodactyl probably was the better choice over Latilock or my Bronzong tech :p Best of luck in preparing for Worlds!

8. Bohn

Bohn New Member

congrats Arco, you are the best :D
    hope to see you again at worlds

9. Type O negative

Type O negative New Member

Like I said elsewhere, winning Dutch Nats 2 times in a row is ridiculous. Grats on that. Just win Worlds sometime too :p

10. Freddy K.

Freddy K. New Member

GJ and good report, GL at Worlds dude ^_^

- fK =)

11. b0n3z

b0n3z New Member

way to go arco.
    i hope we play some more next season, i always enjoy playing you!
    best of luck at worlds!

12. MathAenya

MathAenya New Member

Congrats Arc(k)o !

I'm looking forward to meet you in Orlando !