Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Editable decklist file

twdorris

LATEST VERSIONS AS OF FEB 25, 2008
  • Original 2007-2008 PDF from Pokemon site is here.This is a read-only version. Print it out and hand write your information.
  • MS Word conversion is here.This version is just a set of tables placed over the PDF version so you can type "on top of" the form. You can save your edited list to disk and do whatever else with it you can do with a normal MS Word document. To change the Age division selection, click and drag the black box from "Junior division" to place it wherever you want it. Does not provide card counts automatically.
  • An editable PDF version can be found on this page (direct download link). Thanks to CameraMan for providing this. It's a cleaner version, IMO, but does not allow you to save to disk unless you own a full Acrobat license, which few people do. Since I want to keep an archive of all the decks my son plays at each tournament, I personally use the Word version. This version does, however, provide convenient card counts at the bottom of each section.
  • An editable Excel version is provided in this thread.
Thomas Dorris

Last edited:
Geez. How'd I miss that? I tell you...I've never had so much trouble finding something on any other site. I don't know what it is about that op site that makes it difficult to get at what you know is probably there somewhere.

I'll pull down the official PDF and update the word doc when i get home. Thanks,

Thomas Dorris

Awesome.
The TO's love me for bringing these in.
It really speeds up the process.

I'm still trippin' over how you do this.
Well, if it is you.
Like, Word Processor or what?

Ok, the first post has been updated with a Word version that includes the official States/Prov PDF file posted by OP.

Thomas Dorris

The MS Word version isn't working for me, when it's loading, it says, "Unable to load graphics conversion filter." It asks to continue, and when I do, I get a blank wordpad.

The MS Word version isn't working for me, when it's loading, it says, "Unable to load graphics conversion filter." It asks to continue, and when I do, I get a blank wordpad.
And here's the problem with MS stuff. I'll look into it, but honestly, I'm not much of a Microsoft person myself. Stuff like this just drives me crazy. Why would it work fine on the two machines I have here (Windows 2000 with Word 2003 and the other XP with Word 2000) but then not work on someone else's machine? Ugh.

What I'll do is to try saving it as an older version of Word I guess. I need to install a converter to do that too, but I don't have my Office CD with me here so I can't do it right now. I'll try to remember to bring that home today and do the conversion. Until then, you can try the RTF version (in a zip file because it's HUGE) posted here. Maybe it'll work better for you. Although I have my doubts because it doesn't open correctly with Wordpad on my W2K machine.

Thomas Dorris

It seems to be working fine for me. It might be the way Office was installed - lite, custom, etc. Some of us may have graphics files available on our drive that others didn't load. You can try the PDF version but you just won't be able to save.

Again, Thanks! Agreed, the PTO really appreciated it when I used it for Cities.

It might be the way Office was installed - lite, custom, etc.
It may also be related to the use of Wordpad instead of Word. At least I'm assuming the poster above was using Wordpad because he/she mentioned getting a blank "Wordpad" screen. Even I have trouble loading the file in Wordpad on this W2K machine. The XP machine loads it OK in Wordpad, though. So there's some inherent difference there too.

I'm still trippin' over how you do this.
Well, if it is you.
Like, Word Processor or what?
The way I do it is extremely crude. If I keep doing this next year, I'll do it much better. But for now, I'm just rendering the PDF from the OP site as an image then inserting that image as a document background in Word and manually placing Word tables over the areas where you need to be able to type. I'm no Word expert by any stretch of the imagination.

"Unable to load graphics conversion filter."
Maybe it doesn't like that I used PNG as the image file format. There's no advantage to PNG over GIF in this situation (color depth isn't an issue), so here's a version using GIF as the image format instead. Give that a try and tell me if it works any better. If it does, I'll just stick with GIF to reduce the compatibility issues. Although, seriously, PNG should be just as universal these days as GIF.

Thomas Dorris

Last edited:
Opps! Sorry I didn't notice that. But where did you find the original regionals decklist?

-The Guardian of the Sea

Back