Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Eevee taking over

fragnito

Here is the problem, everybody thinks Eeveelutions are the play and undoubtedly, these cards are all extremely playable, but now, what will beat these cards, and how can an eeveelutions deck tech for another eeveelutions matchup? Can it tech for mirror match?
Thoughts/ discussion?

Eevee will pwn. There is nothing that can stop it.

But if you REALLY want to tech against, Cess. Crystal might be a good idea. It stops...

Glaceon X from stopping Powers
Leafeon X from attacking 2 Energy per turn.
Umbreon from giving no Weakness & free Retreat.
Espeon from giving +20 HP.

Cess will definitely stop Eeveelutions, however, i don't see Eeveelutions being BDIF, Mag is definitely gone as soon as we get a Glaceon Eeveelutions deck, but i don't see Eeveelutions beating G&G, however Eeveelutions will definitely be the play from some people

Cess will definitely stop Eeveelutions, however, i don't see Eeveelutions being BDIF, Mag is definitely gone as soon as we get a Glaceon Eeveelutions deck, but i don't see Eeveelutions beating G&G, however Eeveelutions will definitely be the play from some people

Rush Claydol and Glaceon Lv X, and you will beat GG.
Espeon helps.

true, true. Guess i never thought of that. Maybe Eeveelutions can be new BDIF, maybe

Well, don't take my word to be law or anything. I've only done about 5 practice games with a Glaceon centered eeveelutions deck, and they were all against GG. IIRC I went 3-2.

I'm not entirely sure how the match up plays out, it just worked for me to rush out a Glaceon Lv X. Damage spread, shut of their Gardys. If they choose to OHKO your Glaceon, they can't do it again.

Well, i'm not nessicarily, but i really do think that with the right build, Eeveelutions could become the new meta (or part of) along with becoming BDIF. This will most likely see play from me along with many other ideas i have with MD

Rush Claydol and Glaceon Lv X, and you will beat GG.
Espeon helps.

i think eeveelutions will slightly disappoint, at least in masters. though it will probably dominate in juniors
eevee is going to need a lot of set up (you will need to evolve espeon, umbreon, glaceon or leafeon to level x plus claydol somehow before your opp gets to Gardy or Gallade) so unless you get a phione start that set up will be problematic and while glaceon lvl x is great, wait until GG plays warp point and has Dusknoir waiting with dark palm.

don't think this is realistic? i play a gg deck teched with dusknoir and it runs three warp points even now before MD

i think eeveelutions will slightly disappoint, at least in masters. though it will probably dominate in juniors
eevee is going to need a lot of set up (you will need to evolve espeon, umbreon, glaceon or leafeon to level x plus claydol somehow before your opp gets to Gardy or Gallade) so unless you get a phione start that set up will be problematic and while glaceon lvl x is great, wait until GG plays warp point and has Dusknoir waiting with dark palm.

don't think this is realistic? i play a gg deck teched with dusknoir and it runs three warp points even now before MD

eevee's "call for twins" and Quickball/Celio should make them fast enough.

Go have fun with that combo.

After play testing people will realise that Eevee builds will be fast enough. If your planning on using more then 3 different eeveelutions in each deck then you need to rethink you strategy.

Leafeon only really needs either Umbreon or Vaporeon (for Mag and Ape), maybe Espeon.

Glaceon only really benifits from Espeon to "tank" it up a bit.

Umbreon is the only overated Eeveelution, as you should be able to fit Warp Points in any Leafeon list. Then with Glaceon and Empoleon being big Mag and Ape should see very little play. You could probably even go toe to toe vs. them w/o Umbreon. Playtesting will let us know.

Last edited:
Raichu d. :D

Then if they have Espeon out, you lay a cess when they're all 20 hp away from dying and win LOL.

In fact, there are a number of different spread cards that could work, especially considering how much dependence the deck will have on keeping all of their eevee's in play.

Even if eevee decks dont' do very well Glaceon and Leafeon will still see some play. Though I do think that the eevee deck will be played a bit.

Raieggs will stop it. Seriously think about it most of the eeveelutions have a power or body
and it can't knockout the raichus and exeggutors as easily as other decks in the format can.

I am I the only one of thnking of using cessation crystal in Eeveelutions? Toggle between Glaceon LvX and a cessation crystaller you get double-defence against all poké-powers. My favourite combo at the moment is Leafeon LvX and Shuckle. Bounce it in to disrupt the same turn you play it down. Shuckle turns from being play-aroundable to a complete and effective suprise IMO.

Despite being weak to Leafeon, I believe Kabutops can beat any Eeveelution deck. No premier ball, no night maintanence, no TSD, without sich things, playing multiple LvX's will be hard. If players use a 2-2 line of the LvXs, then it's much riskier to have them prized vs every other match up.

Eevees will not be BDIF..... I predict it will be like Infernape was last year.... we all know how that turned out....

Back