Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Eevees (the pokemon)

drmario

I am raising a Glaceon in Pearl. It is quiet nature which raises sp atk. I maxed out the sp atk. EVs for it. Right now at lv. 87 it's sp. atk. is 322. Unless it gets a major boost it will peak out around 350-370. According to serebii.net Glaceon's sp. atk. can be 393. He has been a Glaceon since lv. 2. Should I have raised it as an eevee for a while before I evolved it? Why wouldn't it's sp. atk. be higher?

No I don't think that would have worked, but try some vitamins that up sp.atk just make sure you only battle pokemon that give out sp.atk EVs.

It's because your Glaceon has low IV's for it's Sp.Atk. It would only have a Sp. Atk of 393 if it had 31 IV's in Sp.Atck and maxed out EV's in that stat as well.
~Cyber~

Individual values or IV's are what make 2 pokemon at the same level different from each other. They are a value from 0-31 and you see the difference they make at higher levels.(like you did) IVs are set in stone, so theres no way to change them,but you can breed for better IV's.

Last edited:
How do you get good IV's? According to the IV calculator on serebii my glaceon has an sp. atk. IV of 9. If the characteristic(likes to run, capable of taking hits) and nature both helped sp atk. would that make the IV's higher?

Last edited:
How do you get good IV's? According to the IV calculator on serebii my glaceon has an sp. atk. IV of 9. If the characteristic(likes to run, capable of taking hits) and nature both helped sp atk. would that make the IV's higher?

Nature is independant of IVs, the characteristic shows one of its highest IVs like a reflection not a predicate.

I don't use Serebii's IV Calculator. I use the one on PsyPokes.com, which they call DV Calculator. The way it works is this. Select the Pokemon it is, in this case Glaceon. Then select it's level, followed by what it's stats are (HP, Atk, Sp Atk,etc) Then choose the Nature. It will then give you a ball park range of what your Pokemon's IV's are. What you want is 31 in every stat, it will also tell you the max the Stat can be based on the level, Nature, and which Pokemon. For Instance Dialga for Example.

Level 47 with a Modest Nature, the best you can have is this.

165 Hp
118 Atk
132 Def
176 Sp Atk
113 Sp Def
104 Spd

Same Pokemon and Level but Adament Nature

165 Hp
145 Atk
132 Def
144 Sp Atk
113 Sp Def
104 Spd

The Only difference being the Atk and Sp Atk

Keep in mind that these are the highest you can have in each Stat, and the likelyhood of getting them all at the high end in one Pokemon is very rare. It takes a lot of resetting to get them in the higher end of the values.

Here is what I do, I don't use the calculators as I get different results from each one. Get a Quite Eevee(I assume your are giving it Ice Shard) and get a bunch of them and do a LV 100 mod WI-FI match with someone and look at its stats, you want the as close as 31 as possible in each stat. If they look anywhere as close to this, you have a good Eevee:

Level-100
HP- 251
ATK- 131
DEF- 136
SATK- 138
SDEF- 166
SPD - 146

This is the way a Level 100 Eevee looks with 31 IV's in each area with the Nature of Quite and 0 EV's. I can tell a Pokemon's IV's just by looking at their stats.

Hope this can help you.

Here is what I do, I don't use the calculators as I get different results from each one. Get a Quite Eevee(I assume your are giving it Ice Shard) and get a bunch of them and do a LV 100 mod WI-FI match with someone and look at its stats, you want the as close as 31 as possible in each stat. If they look anywhere as close to this, you have a good Eevee:

Level-100
HP- 251
ATK- 131
DEF- 136
SATK- 138
SDEF- 166
SPD - 146

This is the way a Level 100 Eevee looks with 31 IV's in each area with the Nature of Quite and 0 EV's. I can tell a Pokemon's IV's just by looking at their stats.

Hope this can help you.
Well it would help but I don't have wifi at home so I would have to go somewhere. I raised the glaceon I had to lv. 100 and it's sp. atk. is 370, so it is hardly a bad pokemon. The good thing about it that two of it's stats (defense and sp. atk.) are over 300.

Ah, ok then...
IV is sorta like what a Pokemon is better at learning.
Some are better at math, while others are better are English.

I get IV's now it just makes it a pain to raise a good pokemon. It takes long enough just to get the right nature.

uh...ditto?
You still have to have a ditto of the right nature. I have one ditto.

So you give put a male of the pokemon you want with a ditto or the correct nature?

Last edited:
Back