Eggs-Rai

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by KingGengar, Aug 27, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingGengar

KingGengar New Member

The name is just a transposition of the Archetype's components. This deck runs the newer Raichu and Eggs

4 pikachu mt
    4 raichu mt

4 exeggcute d
    3 exeggutor mt
    1 exeggutor d

2 rayquaza d ex

2 pokemon fan club
    2 mentor
    4 celio's
    2 rowan
    2 steven
    2 team galactic
    2 night maintenance
    3 switch
    3 ssu
    4 er2
    alt: 3 crystal beach/ 1 scott
    alt: 4 plus power

14 lightning
    2 multi

Strategy: The point is to power up Raichu by T3 to do 120-150 damage (T1 attach energy, T2 attach energy and get 2 from deck, T3 attach energy to Raichu or elsewhere).

Since 4-4 Raichu is not enough, we also include 4-4 Exeggutor. If you start with Exeggcute d, you can power up T1, and by T2 be able to flip for 60 damage with Exeggutor MT. This is risky, granted, but it spreads the weakness (Manectric doesn't), and opens up another avenue also. If you happen to draw into Exeggutor d, and you fill your bench with Egg Jr and Ray d, you can use Delta Circle (we don't use Pikachu d because of Fighting Weakness). If you happen to get a Multi Energy, you can also Split Bomb. We use Egg Jr anyway because Exeggcute MT can't utilize Lightning Energy.

2 Rayquaza d EX are included for its great sniper attack, and use vs Poke-Power and Poke-Body Pokemon. Raichu can have Rayquaza powered fully by T2 (T1 Ray on Bench: attach energy, Pikachu Active; attach 2nd energy to Ray, Raichu powers Ray with 2 more energy; T3: Ray starts going wild for 70 every turn). Ray has no Weakness which is excellent. If you start with Ray, you still get to snipe at least 30 every turn after turn 2.

Trainers: Pokemon Fan Club for Ray d EX. Celio's *could* be Bebe's to make it easier to get Ray. Switch is there to both get Ray d EX out of trouble, and to Switch out Raichu after it has done its power-up job (on Ray, for example). Super Scoop Up is included for Ray d EX. 2 Night Maintenance to get back the energy Raichu discards, or Ray d EX, if nec. Finally, ER2 was included to give this lower-hp deck a better chance to scoot ahead; alternately, Crystal Beach works here, or Plus Power, always a fave.

Energy: Lots of it. 2 Multi included for the possibility of Split Bomb or Pebble Throw. 2 won't throw off the balance of the energy.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  2. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

Wow, only 2 ways to attack with Exeguttor. That's gutsy!

3. KingGengar

KingGengar New Member

Exeggutor d gets Delta Circle for sure, and *maybe* Split Bomb. Exeggutor MT gets String Bomb. Isn't that 3 ways to attack?

4. ryanvergel

ryanvergel New Member

He meant because there are only 2 multi energy... two ways to attack with exeggutor MT (and the delta if you want to split bomb).

I think, anyways. Better hope to top deck those multis.

Why even bother using the delta eggy? To delta circle for like.. max 60? If you just switched to grass energy you could at least do more damage with eggy MT...

5. KingGengar

KingGengar New Member

Well, I just wanted to tie up the loose ends of Eggs JR and Ray d with Exeggutor d. Also, get the Fighting type involved. Definitely if I could guarantee the Grass without compromising the Lightning I would. Sorta like Lucario/Empoleon - it's definitely a better combo than Machamp/Lucario but only in theory, because you still have Energy conflict, so that erodes the idea.

6. Chromecatz

Chromecatz New Member

delcatty ex?

7. KingGengar

KingGengar New Member

I do *like* the idea of Delcatty EX (Upstream) but I worry about
    (1) putting full Fighting Weakness on the ground.
    (2) putting another EX out there.

Otherwise, great suggestion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.