Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Electrode/Charizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

nekorion

Pokemon
2-2 Furret
4-4 Electrode
2/2-3-4 Chamander (CG/SW) Charmeleon (CG) Charizard (SW)

Trainers
3 Rare Candy
3 Memory Berry
3 Roseanne Research
2 Professor Rowan
3 Warp Point
3 Castaway
3 Celio's Network

Energy
8:lightning
4:fire:
3 Cyclone Energy
2 Holon FF

Strategy: Get electrodes out and start sacrificing each with energy shift and ion blast. Try to use cyclone energy to take out any pokemon important to the deck you're facing while doing so. After you've gotton 3 blown, fury blaze should activate, start working on the charizard and get a memory berry out on it and rage/retailiate anything in your path.

Furret is there for an easy way to set up if you're lucky but its not crucial.
Holon FF is to prevent abusing weakness so they won't one hit charizard rendering it useless.
Rare Candy is for skipping charmeleon if you feel you need speed right then, and think you can do with retaliate from the CG charmander.
The two non-CG charmanders are if they wise up to your "rage" game, when you have a rare candy, so you can do a no energy "gnaw" attack for 60 damage at the very least.

Help please? It's a fun looking deck. Just kinda alot going on and its hard to fit it properly.

DRE still seems like a good play to me, particularly given how slow this might be in the early going, when you want to just spam electrodes. It'd also allow you to spend more early turns attaching to charmanders or sentrets.

I'd actually up the furret line if you can, since I imagine you'll be wanting to use furret a max of 2 times early, then attack with him to bring up a 'trode. Even if the trode gets ko'ed, it's just more energy for Charizard.

Given the focus on early 'trodes, and your desire to get down to 3 prizes anyway, I think a 3-2-3 charizard will do just fine for you, freeing up extra space. What will you really need the 4th charizard for anyway? They knock out the first three, your games over anyway, and that's if your early strategy actually worked!

Some other interesting techs would be Togekiss, Delcatty EX, and the ubiquitous claydol. Dusknoir also makes for some interesting combos.

I don't see why you wouldn't take advantage of scrambles here.

If the deck has troubles overall, a 1-1 Quagsire d might get you back the memory berries you'll want.

With 3 castaway and Charizard's awkward 120 damage plateaus, a strength charm would serve you well - OHKO on gallade's never a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back