Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

ELO Formula

Jaeger

I need the formula POP uses to calculate rankings but I can't seem to find it. I know its on the website or use to be.

the pop document does contain all the formulae you need. I've never been too happy with how they describe the "stake" but that is a side issue.

some background...
elo values are scaled which is where the 400 comes from, and offset which is where the 1600 comes from. elo values are related to the logarithm of your skill level. ["elo" = log(skill) ]
where skill is a parameter that is used to predict the outcome of a series of games and related to the win-expectancy as follows: my_win_expectancy = my_skill/(my_skill + your_skill) a little bit of algebra and you end up with the standard form as given in the POP document. So if you were twice as good as me (ie in a series of games between us you win twice as many as I do) then your skill rating will be twice mine.
The combined stake for any given match is the K value. The amount that each player contributes is equal to how much they will lose if the opponent wins, so each player's individual stake is actually their losing_expectancy * the K value.

Last edited:
Back