Empoleon is too good.

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by thethirdckelly1, Aug 25, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. thethirdckelly1

thethirdckelly1 New Member

So I've come to the conclusion that empoleon beats everything except mike reynolds. I have found literally no bad matchups.

So what I'm asking is, what does empoleon lose to?

2. Wood811

Wood811 New Member

Meganium d. -60 damage, gg.

3. B_B_C

B_B_C New Member

eletivire + lake B = 2x weakness.

4. Skull Bash

Skull Bash New Member

Thats nice and all, but they have to get Electivire set up first which isn't easy.

5. Dark Weedle

Dark Weedle New Member

Empoleon loses to a competant player playing a competant deck.

6. Rew

Rew Active Member

Depends on what Empoleon deck you are talking about. There are actuall ymany now.

7. doctormcdreamy

doctormcdreamy New Member

ray ex d with lake boundary.

8. Chromecatz

Chromecatz New Member

quick t2 ray ex d
    Megs D *with love*

9. swift1984

swift1984 New Member

Meganium d/Feraligatr d. It's a beast of a deck...

10. Havoc

Havoc New Member

Electivire is too slow for it to survive, and unless they max out windstorms its an easy win for Empoleon on most cases.

It loses to lots of things, every card has a weakness, be it popular or quite lame

Example: Aggron ex cg vs. Destiny, Destiny being the great deck while Aggron has yet to see any major play.

11. The Phenom1993

The Phenom1993 New Member

Empoleon isn't unbeatable. It looses to pokemon with high HP.

12. charmander rox

charmander rox New Member

Electrivire works with or without Lake Barrier.

13. lolganium

lolganium New Member

i'm starting to see what you're getting at, i play empoleon and have done since pre-realese, but i have beaten every deck i've played

14. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

I agree with Dark Weedle, It's overrated.

I don't see any great combos with it.

15. The Phenom1993

The Phenom1993 New Member

It's obvious you haven't played a good player with a good deck:thumb:

16. lolganium

lolganium New Member

well, actually, i did play a fairly good player, but i've changed my empoleon deck a bit and i rocks even more now

17. Jim Ferrell

Jim Ferrell New Member

From my experience, the only deck I had a problem beating with Empoleon was Feraligatr from MT. Anything that can OHKO Empoleon like Gatr can or weakness exploitation is really all I see.

~Jim

18. homeofmew

homeofmew Active Member

Michael Reynolds is sooo over-rated, one being Empoleon = MikeReynoldsIsaDonk.dec. Yeah but Tyranitar + DRE + mantine + Catty is actually a decent deck however, Penguin can run[SIZE=-1] Cessation Crystal it does help vs T TAR.

I also agree Meganium d is a pain to beat. However how about Crystal shard or something and with Raichu d (weak)/ or you can run the 1-0-1 Infernape line.
    [/SIZE]

19. Professor Elm

Professor Elm Active Member

Well, T2 Kricketune may stand a chance if it swarms fast enough.
    T2 80 kills Prinplup and Piplup.
    If they can't recover after a Team Galactic's Wager then they are goners, BUT I assume Empoleon can easily recover from most things. It's not power reliant either, oh well.

Kingdra Swarm is a decent matchup. If you can get the Kingdras all set up, then just let them kill your bench cause once they are facing down ONLY Kingdras they are gonna be in surious trouble.

20. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

Lol, Cessation Crystal, byebye Extra Smoke...