Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Empoleon spread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tglilly

This is just a basic Empoleon deck. I know there is a lot of energy in this deck but I am not to sure where to add cards. I been thinking of maby adding a 2-2 line of claydol and I could take out 2 energys but what other 2 cards can I take out?
Pokemon:24
3-2-3-1 Empoleon (piplup dp the Empoleon and Primplup from MD)
2-1-2 Omastar MD
2-2 Claydol MD
2 Phione MD
2 Pachirisu
1-0-1 Dusknoir

Trainers:23
4 Professor Oak's Visit
2 Dawn Stadium
3 Celio's Network
3 Roseanne's Research
4 Rare Candy
3 Night Maintenance
2 Team Galactic's Wager
2 Master Ball

Energy: 13
8 Water Energy
2 Scramble
3 DRE

The stratigy is to get an Empoleon set up by Phione and then bring it out to start spreading damage. Once the bench have enough damage use Omastar to knock out the basic and use tgw to git rid of the pokemon in there hand. Vaporeon is used to heal the bench if needed.

Last edited:
woops sorry forgot to put the stets in. Empoleon, Primplup and Omastar from MD. The piplups are from DP.

Have you considered the MD Piplup that can snipe bench for 10? As you evolve to Prinpulp/Empoleon piling up 10 on benched Claydol, Ralts, Magmar, etc for a round or two can be a bigger help than pounding an active Pachy for 20dmg.

Just a thought.

I did not get any of those during the pre-releace. I did not even know what the other one did so thanks I think I will put the MD Piplup in.

Vaporeon is not working very well for me so I took it out and put in a 2-2 line of claydol to help speed it up. Any other sugetions?

no offence but phione barely helps and i find it pretty bad, 3 scramble, to many energies, 4 bebes, definately no roseannes, helps opponent telepass. a lvl.x to snipe when u use omastars power. nobody sees this. run scott. acually u can run roseannes if u want, but u should run 3 master balls and 3 dusk balls. opponent gets quick setup with u using to many suporters. maybe 1 or 2 scott. maybe ducknoir line. 1-1-1. 4 piplup and 3 prinplup. if u want eatra speed then run a 2-2 or a 3-3 furret line for more basics. some windstroms will hhelp.

I see scott helping out g/g much more than roseannes. Also I don't have that much problums with phione and manage to start with it alot and usully get set up with it. I agree that i have a little too much energy and could use something else. I actully am going to change the duskball to master ball since I am putting the cards I don't want on the bottom of the deck with claydol's power. I don't have the furrets and I think they will just slow the deck down even more by just trying to set them up.

i agree w/ charchar on the Phione. it doesn't help as much as you may think. i also think that the DP Prinplup is better for spreading than the MD one, definitely use the MD piplup w/ splatter. 1 Empo X works too.

What then do you sugest I reaplace the phiones with? I like the md prinplup for sniping. I will update my list with the changes I have done.

Try mixing it thats whats working for me 3-1 Pachy/Phione and maybe a tauros but if you run 4 calls i dont think it really matter thou 2-2 would proably would work. Also add stevens instead of pov for claydol loves it. And try 1-0-1 Dusknoir suprise factor is amazing try it and youll proably like it. Id also drop some energy like 3 and add in a celio also drop a night mainitence. Add in 1-1-1 Empoleon and a wager.

Hope i helped!

I like the idea of 2 pachi and 2 phione. With pachi in here I can probly get rid of the call energys and I will try the Dusknoir
line in here. Thanks for the help.

Have you considered the MD Piplup that can snipe bench for 10? As you evolve to Prinpulp/Empoleon piling up 10 on benched Claydol, Ralts, Magmar, etc for a round or two can be a bigger help than pounding an active Pachy for 20dmg.

Just a thought.

IMO, the DP Piplup and Prinpupl are still the best, but I run 1 MD Prinpulp for those special occasions.

I'd just like to chime in about the using of DP Piplup and Prinplup. While I'd also prefer to use
the DP Empoleon, the DP piplup is a lot better. The DP piplup just seems to prepare itself a lot
better for the DP Prinplup. Plus, as a guy who played a long time ago, I'm partial to the ability
of attacking for free. Plus, I know you have a lot of recursion, but I'd be paranoid of running so little
energy. But that's me.

Aw snap, I just dropped a T2 Crystal Beach/Cess Crystal on you.

You need some Windstorms/more counter-Stadiums, my friend.

orangematt I do have 2 stadiums in this deck. Also I do have Pachirisu so I am not too worried about an early drop.
Jarrod Jnr 2 I really don't see a need for suicune I have enough ways to get them back if needed but thanks.

Pokemon: 20
3-2-3 Empoleon
2-1-2 Omastar MD
2-2 Claydol MD
3 Zapdos MD

Trainers:23
3 Professor Oak's Visit
3 Bebe's Search
3 Roseanne's Research
4 Rare Candy
2 Night Maintenance
3 Team Galactic's Wager
2 Master Ball
3 SSU

Energy: 13
8 Water Energy
2 Scramble
3 DRE

Its weird, but this was my list I built it after the prerelease. This is what I have built, but I havent playtested it yet.

Zapdos is intresting but would suck if you were to start with it. I can see why you would like to play it but I just dont like how you can't really use it besides it's power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back