EmpoleonX/SwampertEX Deck

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Justin T, Oct 12, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin T

Justin T New Member

Hey does anyone have a good idea for an EmpoleonX/SwampertEX Deck

2. millionkp

millionkp New Member

3. Justin T

Justin T New Member

Well you can't exactly speak for everyone.

4. Dragoncius

Dragoncius New Member

why dont u provide a rough list and we`ll start from there?

5. Use fighting swampert and draw a card.

6. Justin T

Justin T New Member

3x piplup
    3xprinplup
    1xempoleon
    1xempoleonx
    3xmudkip
    3xmarshtomp
    1xswampertex
    2xmantyke
    2xmantine
    1xpalkia
    1xmagikarp
    1xgyrados

1xtime-space distortion
    1xnight maintenance
    3xpotion
    2xwarp point
    2xrare candy
    2xmaster ball
    1xbebe's search
    3xprofessors elm's training method
    1xbill's maintenance
    1xholon circle
    1xcopycat
    1xprof. oak's research
    1xbattle frontier

2xscramble energy
    1xholon energy wp
    17xwater energy

please do whatever you want with it. i have battle road tomorrow and i'm freaking out.

7. aade8

aade8 New Member

Okay...first, do you have any more Rare Candies? A deck that plays two S2 Pokemon needs four RCs to get the S2s out quickly, or else you WILL be out-sped.

You really can lower the energy count, to 12-13 perhaps. It sounds like it may not be enough, but you can play supporters to draw and find them.

If you really want to play Swamper ex, then you should play Delcatty RS/PK. Its Energy Draw ability allows you to discard an energy and draw three cards. Then, Swampert ex can use its ability to get those energies back. Tidy little arrangement.

If you plan to use Swamp's ability often, 2-3 Holon Cirlce would be nice. BUT, you must also play Windstorms, so that you can blow away your own Circle and attack. Otherwise, it just becomes annoying. For this deck, 3-4 Windstorms would be prudent.

If you have more Rare Candies, I would play a Pokemon line that looks like this:
    3 Piplup
    3 Prinplup (Prinplup is really too good to skip with RC, mind you)
    3 Empoleon (if you got them)
    1 Empoleon Lv.X (really not that good, but if you absolutely want too...)
    3 Mudkip (Submerge one, it will protect you wonderfully, despite its low HP)
    1-2 Marshtomp (want to skip to Swampert with RC as soon as you can)
    3 Swampert ex, or 2 Swampert ex and 1 Swampert (Fighting, it has draw ability, both nice things)
    1 Palkia (need to find your Holon Circles)
    2 Skitty PK (Tail Whip can stall)
    2 Delcatty PK (Energy Draw), maybe add a Delcatty ex for late game blow out with Upstream
    TOTAL: 22-24 PkMn

If it were me, I might play 4 Bebe's instead of the Elm's, just because they can find anything, and you might need a basic if in a tight spot. Speaking of Basics, though, you should try to play at least 2 Holon Mentor (you can discard a Water energy to get back with Swampert ex) and also get your other basics ready.

I might go with 2-3 TV Reporter, instead of the Bill, because it also helps you get W energy in the discard for Swampert's use. Professor Oak is OK, but really not necessary unless you have nothing else to use.

I don't know what you have available to you, but if you have any of the cards I mentioned to make changes, I would highly recommend them.

8. Justin T

Justin T New Member

I don't really have to use swamperts ability as much and what about pokemon fan club instead of the mentor and the reporter? Also you don't think I need the battle frontier and I don't have the delcatty is there a better energy draw strategy? *Edit* I just thought yeah maybe using swampert with the mentor and the reporter would be good. Please guys don't hesitate to help though.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  9. aade8

aade8 New Member

Well, if you're not going to use Swampert's ability, then I would replace Swampert totally. Energy Recycle can really be a great thing to do: You can instantly power a new Empoleon, or Swampert. Now, I'm not saying that is what you have to do, but it is very cools when it works (i.e. using Holon Circle, then using Energy Recycle, and then Windstorming the Circle your next turn and rip away!).

Castaway is another option for you. Great engine, as I'm sure you know. Basic energy, Supporter, and Tool. You could play Cessation Crystal (if you DON'T need to use Energy Recycle, or Energy Draw) to put on Empoleon, which would stop your opponent from setting up, then Windstorm it later. Strentgh Charm and Buffer Piece aren't bad plays either, since SC can get a you a OHKO on Lucario, and Buffer Piece can save you from a Flare Up (should you ever come against a high-damage attack like that).

The Bill's Matinence can be played IF and only IF you don't want to use Swampert's ER. It is a fine draw as well. However, when Secret Wonders comes out, Oak's Visit will be better.

I hope this helps. If you have anymore questions, I'd be glad to help you.

10. Justin T

Justin T New Member

I will but not all that much. I'll still have a holon circle and a windstorm for it. Ok I think I have my finished deck. Sorry aade8 I used a lot of your info but not all of it. I just hope you think this is a better improvement:

mudkip x3
    marshtomp x3
    swampertex x2
    piplup x3
    prinplup x3
    empoleon x2
    empoleonx x1
    remoraid x2
    octillery x2
    mantyke x2
    mantine x2
    hp rayquaza x1
    holon castform x1

night maintenance x1
    bebe's search x4
    holon circle x1
    windstorm x1
    rare candy x4
    tv reporter x2
    holon mentor x2
    time-space distortion x1

water energy x12
    scramble energy x2
    holon energy wp x2

11. aade8

aade8 New Member

This is your deck man. YOU NEED TO MAKE IT HOW YOU WANT IT! Nobody has the right to tell you that it is bad, or anything else. All I gave were suggestions, so feel free to forget them if you want! :lol:

Overall, though, I like the new list. I believe that it will definitely work A LOT better than the first one you proposed. I like the addition of the Ray and Mantines. Not so sure about the Octillery (just not enough HP, but it could work). Good luck! I'm a Swampert fan myself, so fight to the bitter end! :thumb:

12. Justin T

Justin T New Member

I'll try. Here's looking at you Battle Road.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

*Next day* I won battle road yay

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.