Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

ending a game on time

You could measure how far each person is from the respective goals and give the win to whoever is closest. If they're tied, you could continue until the distance is unequal (I would give both the players a turn in this case though).

Here is how they do it where I go...
From the beginning on the match you keep track of who knocked out the most Pokemon.
The person who knocked out the most won...
(I think this was made because any match I am in it drags past 40 min...)

There are a variety of ways to introduce a time-variant for the game, but there aren't official rules for it at this time.

If you wanted to experiment, you could try using a chess clock, or a regular time system of 30 minutes. In chess, they have the game end for whoever's flag dropped, but that doesn't have to be that way for your variant...maybe eliminate that person's Pokemon Center? Or if you're playing with an overall time-limit, remove the Pokemon Centers for all players. (When a Pokemon gets Knocked Out, it's removed from the game instead. Any Pokemon in the P.C. at the time is removed from the game when time is first called.)

In chess, they have the game end for whoever's flag dropped,
I don't know what that means. What flag?

maybe eliminate that person's Pokemon Center? Or if you're playing with an overall time-limit, remove the Pokemon Centers for all players. (When a Pokemon gets Knocked Out, it's removed from the game instead. Any Pokemon in the P.C. at the time is removed from the game when time is first called.)
Interesting idea. If there's a time limit for me, it means that the event itself has to be done by a certain time. At 5 minutes before the end of time, maybe say the PC closes and any pokemon KOed are removed from the game. When Pokemon start getting removed from the game, it ought to become easier for players to reach the goal.

Chess clocks are basically two clocks stuck together. When one is running, the other one is stopped. It works well for chess - there's no time delays created by the other player. The clock typically runs out at the "12 o'clock position"...there's a plastic tag around 11 o'clock, that is slowly lifted and lifted by the minute hand...until it hits 12, when the flag drops back down.

Here is how they do it where I go...
From the beginning on the match you keep track of who knocked out the most Pokemon.
The person who knocked out the most won...
(I think this was made because any match I am in it drags past 40 min...)

I actually like this solution! (As most of my foes stall.)

I like the idea of after time runs out, the Pokemon Center is eliminated, and once a Pokemon is Knocked Out, its gone. Keep going until someone runs out of pokemon.

I actually like this solution! (As most of my foes stall.)

For the record I dont stall I make my moves fast....
I just don't attack much since I don't need to..
My way is tha they attack me and I knock them out and I get to move.
The other way kinda gives more to power than stragity(No I can't spell and have no spell check at the time....)

We have a Sudden Death Rule. When time is up, sudden death starts and every time a pokemon is knocked out, it is removed from play instead of going to the pokemon center.

Back