Energy Accel Engine Next Format

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by thethirdckelly1, Jun 22, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. thethirdckelly1

thethirdckelly1 New Member

Regirock DP5+Stark Mountain

Translations:
    Regirock LV.51 – Fighting – HP90
    Basic Pokemon

Poke-Power: Regi Cycle
    You can use this Power once during your turn, if you have Fighting Energy in your discard pile. Discard 2 cards from your hand. Then, attach 1 Fighting Energy card from your discard pile to this Pokemon. This Power can't be used if this Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition.

[F][F][C] Stone Edge: 40 damage. Flip a coin, if heads this attack does an additional 30 damage.

Weakness: Water (x2)
    Resistance: none
    Retreat: 3

Stark Mountain – Stadium

Once during each player's turn, that player may choose 1 Fire Energy or 1 Fighting Energy attached to his or her Pokemon, and move it to one of his or her Fire-type Pokemon or Fighting-type Pokemon.

A Stadium can only be put into play next to your Active Pokemon once during your turn. If a Stadium with a different name is put into play, discard this card.

I think it's interesting. A basic and a stadium earning you a whole extra energy drop to any fighting pokemon for a two card discard.

The biggest problem however is probably the discard. There has to be a way to replenish the deck. The best thing I saw was Rhyperior X which has an attack that puts all the energy from your discard into your deck.

Rhyperior LV.X – Fighting – HP170
    Level Up

[.] Hard Crush: Discard 5 cards from the top of your deck. This attack does 50 damage for each Energy discarded in this way.
    [F][F][C] Toss Up: 60 damage. Remove all Fighting Energy from your discard pile, show them to your opponent, and return them to your deck. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Weakness: Water (x2)
    Resistance: Lightning (-20)
    Retreat: 4

But I honestly wouldn't ever want to run one of those stage 4 lv. Xs.
    Prizes could completely end you and such. I know this is a fairly obvious combo, but I just thought I'd point it out and see if anyone had any ideas on what to run it with

2. Jason

Jason New Member

Well, to be honest that the energy accerlation i like for next format are:

Leafeon Lv.X

Magnezone IFDS (same power as Metagross DX)

Typlosion MT

Togekiss GE

and.

thats might be all i guess for now.

3. Chromecatz

Chromecatz New Member

Dont forget rotom

4. Blaziken 1111

Blaziken 1111 Active Member

Lunasol may work too.

5. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

Stark Mountain is just an energy switch your opponent can benefit from.

6. Epyon0015

Epyon0015 New Member

I think you better bet is to run Groudon LV.45 for Fighting

Groudon LV.45 – Fighting – HP100
    Basic Pokemon

[.] Drought: Attach up to 2 Basic Fighting Energy from your hand to 1 of your Pokemon.
    [F][F][C] Huge Quake: 100 damage. Discard 2 Fighting Energy attached to Groudon and do 10 damage to each of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
    Resistance: Lightning (-20)
    Retreat: 3