Energy Blaster (E-on)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by dkates, Apr 2, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkates

dkates New Member

I figured it was about time to try another new deck. The inspiration for this one came from Baboon's Sceptile/Magneton/Roselia deck. Since I still have almost no Dragons cards, Roselia and Magneton were out of the question, but I liked the idea of comboing Energy-counting attacks with a way of getting extra Energy in play. When suggesting fixes, please keep in mind that I have basically no Dragons cards, and absolutely no Aqua/Magma cards. This may change in the near future, though; if it does, I'll edit accordingly. In the meantime, please basically treat this deck as if it were pre-Dragons. Please note that I have not yet playtested this deck.

Pokémon (24):
    4 Treecko (Tail Slap)
    2 Grovyle (Natural Cure)
    4 Sceptile (2 Holo, 2 Non-holo)
    2 Elekid (SS)
    2 Pichu (SS)
    2 Skitty (Plus Energy)
    2 Delcatty (1 Uncommon, 1 Holo)
    2 Ditto (SK)
    2 Wobbuffet (SS)
    2 Roselia

Trainers (21):
    2 Oracle
    4 Juggler
    2 Professor Oak's Research
    3 Bill's Maintenance
    2 Pokémon Nurse
    2 Switch
    2 Warp Point
    2 Master Ball
    2 Rare Candy

Energy (15):
    9 Grass Energy
    2 Multi Energy
    4 Rainbow Energy

Strategy/Notes: Like I said above, my collection's somewhat (though not extremely) limited. Also, this is currently a secondary deck, so a few of my good cards are tied up in my other deck. I don't even have any extra copies of SS Dunsparce at the moment. Note also that the single Holo Delcatty in this deck is the only Holo Delcatty I have :)(), so please do not suggest that I add more.
    Anyway, the idea is to hopefully start out with one of the Electric Babies (and a Multi or Rainbow Energy, obviously). By using (listed in order of preference) Pichu/Juggler, Elekid, Pichu/Delcatty, and/or Skitty, I aim to use the first few turns to get extra Energy in play and build up the evolutions on the bench. Then, once I've got enough Energy, I can switch to Ditto, Uncommon Delcatty, or Holo Sceptile and start on the offensive. Non-holo Sceptile helps me manage my Energy and combos with Nurse for healing, and Wobby's tech for the usual things.
    My main question is whether this deck will be fast enough to be worth it. I do not expect to outspeed (or even do especially well against) Gardevoir or Blaziken, but the setup for this deck does need to be pretty quick, since Ditto's the only Pokémon I have that can really deal large amounts of damage, and that depends on the opponent. The other attackers in this deck will probably tend to deal more medium damage, though they should do so pretty dependably if I've built right. Once in a while, I may be able to deliver a large hit with Delcatty, but I would guess that it's not likely to end up doing more than about 60-70 damage at a time in most games.

Edit: 4/3/04 -- Updated decklist to include Roselia and more draw power. Some questions still remain: Is there enough draw power? Are there too many Pokémon? Are 15 Energy cards enough? Will the 2/1-1 Delcatty line be worth it? If not, what to do about it?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2004
  2. Hedgefoxidna

Hedgefoxidna New Member

It's an alright 'fun deck', but what's with the Babys? you do know they count as basic, as in the baby rule doesn't implay to them, I'd use the older versions of 'em.

3. dkates

dkates New Member

I know they don't have the Baby Rule; it's their attacks that caused me to put them in. Elekid's attack, for (L), lets you search your deck for a Basic Energy card and attach it to one of your Pokémon. Pichu's attack, also for (L), lets you take up to 2 Basic Energy cards from the discard and attach it/them to one of your Pokémon, putting one damage counter on that Pokémon per Energy attached that way. Thanks for the tip, but Elekid and Pichu are a key part of this deck's strategy.

Edit: BTW, you're right that this is more or less a "fun deck," though if it works out well enough, it could end up being more than that.

Edit2: Well, I finally got 2 Roselias from a trade, and made a few changes. I'm updating the top post to reflect the new decklist.

4. dkates

dkates New Member

Well, I went to tweak the deck, and ended up completely revamping it. Then, after a match, I changed it again. Here's version 2.1.

Pokémon (22):
    3 Skitty (Plus Energy)
    3 Delcatty (Uncommon)
    2 Ditto (SK)
    2 Wobbuffet (SS)
    2 Mewtwo ex
    4 Elekid (SS)
    2 Electabuzz (SS)
    2 Voltorb (SK)
    2 Electrode (SK)

Trainers (19):
    4 Bill's Maintenance [will replace with TV Reporters if/when possible]
    4 Juggler
    2 Switch
    2 Warp Point
    3 Hyper Potion
    2 Lightning Cube 01

Energy (19):
    11 Electric Energy
    8 Psychic Energy

Strategy/Notes: Well, this deck seems to have evolved into an E-on version of a cross between two Unlimited favorites -- Sponge (a deck that uses cards like Rocket's Zapdos, Promo Mewtwo, and Mewtwo ex to pull Energy from the discard) and semi-Haymaker (a deck with mostly Basics, and maybe one or two Stage 1 lines, which focuses on relatively cheap, medium-damage attacks). Also, it's gone from Grass/Colorless with some Psychic and non-damage Electric to Colorless/Electric/Psychic.

This deck is more about speed than power. Still, Ditto, Delcatty, and Electrode can deliver pretty tough hits in the right situation. And with Lightning Cube 01, any Electric Pokémon in the deck with enough Electric Energy can deliver a pretty huge hit.

5. dkates

dkates New Member

Finally got my box of Dragon cards, and made a bunch of changes to include some of the good cards I got.

Pokémon (19):
    3 Skitty (Plus Energy)
    2 Delcatty (Uncommon)
    3 Magnemite (Random Spark)
    3 Magneton (Magnetic Field)
    2 Elekid (SS)
    2 Electabuzz (SS)
    2 Wobbuffet (SS)
    2 Mewtwo ex

Trainers (21):
    4 TV Reporter
    4 Juggler
    2 Lightning Cube 01
    3 Hyper Potion
    2 Warp Point
    2 Low Pressure System
    2 Energy Recycle System

Energy (20):
    10 Electric Energy
    7 Psychic Energy
    3 Boost Energy

Strategy: Pretty much the same as before -- use various attacks, Trainers, and Magneton's Power to manipulate Energy, eventually getting as much as possible into play so that Magneton can start delivering the more powerful hits.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2004
  6. duanojo

duanojo New Member

I like Expedition 'buzz better. He lets you get energy out more quickly.

7. dkates

dkates New Member

Now what do you mean by that?

I disagree. IMO, Expedition 'buzz is horrible. Thanks for the thought, though.

8. Dek

Dek New Member

Hey dkates. its been a while since both of us post on the same topic :lol:

My best suggestion is to put the Treecko line back in there. I find it pretty useful at times, especially in a deck like this where energy is going to play a VERY big role.

Another suggestion is if you're going to keep Wobbuffett, go with this energy setup

10 Grass Energy(only if you're going to use Treecko line)
    4 Lightning Energy
    4 Multi Energy

9. dkates

dkates New Member

An interesting idea, Arthas. I'll be looking at the decklist for good ways to fit it in. If you have suggestions on how to do that, I'm all ears. This version does seem to be doing pretty well, but adding Energy Trans back in could give the efficiency a real boost. Note, however, that I only have 3 Multi Energies (I had a fourth, but something happened to it and it became unplayable).

10. I liked the decklist before you got the dragon cards also go back to energy draw Delcatty line 2/2 and 1 Ditto.

11. Dek

Dek New Member

alright, here is my version of your deck. Its gonna be strange, but bear with me

-=24 Pokemon=-
    4 Treecko (whichever one you want to use)
    2 Grovlye (whichever one you want to use)
    4 Sceptile (2 Energy Trans/2 Holo)
    2 Wobbuffett
    2 Magnemite
    2 Magneton
    2 Skitty (SS)
    2 Delcatty (holo)
    2 Ditto (SK)
    2 Elekid (SS)

-=18 Energy=-
    10 Grass
    4 Lightning
    4 Multi

-=18 Trainers=-
    4 Oaks Research
    3 Juggler
    3 Rare Candy
    3 Hyper Potion
    3 Warp Point
    2 Low Pressure System

Like I said, its STRANGE (and possibly slow), but I tried to use the Dragon cards that you got and modify the original deck

12. dkates

dkates New Member

If I had one more Holo Delcatty, one more Multi Energy, and 2 more Oak's Research, I might try that list or one much like it. I think it's interesting that you're suggesting I change Skitties, though I think I see where you're coming from. Dropping the Electabuzz, though, is a little more confusing. Against certain decks, Electabuzz is actually the star of the show.

13. No 1 Ditto is enough since you have Delcatty line I play Omastar/Cradily and the only colerless pokemon I have is a Ditto and it works out good so Delcatty with it should be no prob even though it's not realy used for attacking.

14. Physics Squirrel

Physics Squirrel Active Member

I like Arthas Zero's version the best, but I have some changes to make. I would take out the Elekids for Roselias, or if you want to keep the Elekids, take out the two Low Pressure Systems. The Hyper Potions should certainly be Pokemon Nurses instead, since you can just Trans all of the energy off, Nurse and Trans it back. Also, you can recycle lightning energy, so I'd run the 18 Energy like this:

13 Grass
    2 Lightning
    3 Multi

This is because if you lose your electric energy, you can jsut get it back with Magneton, so no sweat. I kept the four Multis, even though you can't get them with Magnetic Field, because Multis, even if they are being used for Psychic or Electric, are still grass too, and they can be Transed between pokemon, very useful when Nursing. But then I took one out, because, apparently dkates only has 3.

I'd also increase your draw by taking out some pokemon (24 is too many IMO). I want to add Dunsparce, but since you don't have any, I'll use Lanette's Net Search (Tell me that you have some of those). Take out 2 Elekids, 1 Treecko, 1 Rare Candy and 1 non-trans Sceptile. 5 spaces. Also take out 2 Oak's Research and a Warp Point. 8 spaces. Add 3 Lanette's Net Search, 1 Juggler to make a total of four, and 4 TV Reporters. I would put in Crystal Shard, but hopefully, you'll have that covered with Ditto.

The list looks like this.

Pokemon: 22
    3 Treecko
    2 Grovyle
    3 Sceptile (2 Trans, 1 other)
    2 Magnemite
    2 Magneton
    2 Skitty
    2 Delcatty
    2 Ditto
    2 Wobbuffet
    2 Roselia

Trainers: 22
    2 Oak's Research
    4 Juggler
    4 TV Reporter
    2 Rare Cany
    3 Pokemon Nurse
    2 Warp Point
    3 Lanette's Net Search

Energy: 18
    13 Grass
    2 Lightning
    3 Multi

That should work well. I know you only have 1 Delcatty, but that card is really a staple, so all I can say is try to get another. If you really can't get your hands on another Delcatty, then take out the second one for a Professor Elm's Training Method to get out the single Delcatty.

15. dkates

dkates New Member

Other than the fact that I disagree about the Electric Energy count (I'd probably do 12/3/3 or 11/4/3 instead of 13/2/3), I like your fix, Physics Squirrel. Lanette's Net Search I have, though I admit I don't particularly like it. Still, if it works, I'll use it. I can probably find a way to get my hands on a second Delcatty, and since this is sorta becoming my main deck, I can probably free up the Dunsparce from my other deck. Thanks for the help, and any further suggestions would be appreciated.

16. Physics Squirrel

I agree that Sparce is better than Lanette. Even try to play 4 Sparce. But with Lanette, it could still work quite well. Since you have 4 types of pokemon, grass, lightning, psychic, and colorless, the type restriction on Lanette is not as much of a problem.

17. Hero

Hero New Member

I think it would be in your favor to lose the Roselia all together. Ive seen this decek sort run faster w/o it. Besides its KO bait.

18. Physics Squirrel

If Roselia is KO bait, then so are Elekid, Ditto, Magneton, and Delcatty. Should they just all be taken out?
    With Energy Trans, Roselia can seriously speed up the deck.

19. mysterios

mysterios New Member

I know that u said that u don't even have any new cards
    but i know a card that will greatly help you adv5 Electrode , he does 30 for 1 L without apllying weakness and resistance and for any 3 energies he knocks out you and your opponet pokemon (youcant use spesial energies no boost)
    Adv 5 voltorb has an attack that let you search for an energy(or lighting energy i am not sure) and lets you attach it to him.Using voltorb attack and some energy swith could work
    If you use electrode you will need some multi energy or even some more lighting energy

In my opinion if you ever get that electrode you can remove the Wobbuffets for it and something else maybe you could remove some grass energy for some lighting energy so you can beter use this card

20. Eyden

Eyden New Member

Don't make a deck whit cards you have, but make a deck list and after fixes make it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.