Energy Recycle System Question

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by The Shepherd, Jan 8, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. The Shepherd

The Shepherd New Member

Energy Recycle System

Search your discard pile for basic energy cards. You may either show 1 basic energy card to you opponent and put it into your hand, or show 3 basic energy cards to your opponent and shuffle them into your deck.

Do you have to shuffle 3 energies in or can you do 2? I was somewhat confused because the card doesnt say "up to" like some other cards do.

2. jesschow12

jesschow12 New Member

well since it didnt say up to.. then it must be 3 energy UNLESS u have less than 3 energy in discard pile

3. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

Hmmm interesting.

The play as written meta-game rule gives you no choice on the number you shuffle into your deck. Its three! You either shuffle three into your deck or you put one card into your hand. There is no option for two cards, just as there is no option for four cards five cards etc.

Also you can't play the card unless there is at least one basic energy card in your discard pile.

The text search your discard pile for basic energy cards is redundant as the contents of all players discard piles are public knowledge.

Under wotc I'd have been confident that there is no option for two cards. But I'm not so sure under Nintendo :(

4. The Shepherd

The Shepherd New Member

thanks. IMO you can only do 3 and not 2, but I saw someone at my pokemon league do 2 and that's when the issue came up.

5. surfingpika

surfingpika New Member

Woah, wait a minute. Does this mean that because of the new rule saying if you cannot all of the effect of a trainer, you don't get any, that if I had only 2 energies in my discard pile, that I have to pull 1 energy from my discard pile to my hand?

6. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

That would seem to be the case. We'll ask at the next rules meeting.