Energy Shower (EON)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Kyogre, Nov 24, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyogre

Kyogre <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Based on the energy needs for all these Pokemon, to me they seemed ment to be.

Pokemon (20):
    4x Trapinch
    4x Vibrava
    4x Flygon (2 Energy Shower, 2 Rare Version)
    3x Magnemite
    3x Magneton
    1x Latias
    1x Latios

Trainers(22):
    3x Oak's Research
    3x Juggler
    3x Lady Out Going
    3x Switch
    2x Mr. Britney's Compassion
    3x Professor Birch
    3x Professor Elm's Training Method
    2x Fan Club

Energies(18):
    5x Electric
    5x Grass
    2x Fire
    2x Water
    2x Fighting
    2x Psychic

EDIT to reflect changes suggested.

Changed my mind, going to try it out in tournament setting. It all depends on Flygon/Magneton. Yay a modified deck without EXs!

Post Play Test: Loving this deck. Most of the time its turn 3 90 damage Flygon with Magneton fully powered on the bench. Amphy EX has a really hard time with this deck due to resistance. I mean its attack becomes Tails: 10 damage and paralyze, Heads: 40 damage. Please, but what he makes up with the weakened attack, his power becomes deadly. At least the set up time is fast enough.

I still don't know about the [email protected] stuff guys, I mean it might distract me from my main plan.

Fixes?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2003
  2. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

3 Latios ex is WAY too many!!!

3. Kyogre

What would you suggest then?

4. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

1 Latios ex and 4/4/4 on Flygon. Get rid of 1 Switch. For the energy: 5 Grass, 5 Lightning, 2 Fighting, 2 Fire, 2 Water, 2 Psychic. Make all the Vibrava Rare to search for energy, use Lady Outing instead of Seer, more consistant with your new energy count. That's only 8 Basics so add 2 Dunsparce instead of Fanclub. Then switch Birch with Copycat/ healing. That's my fix!
    -Swampert

5. Kyogre

Then it would look almost exactly like your deck. :p

6. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

I know!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

7. Kyogre

Well I don't like to make copies of the most common decks out there just to win. Makes the game less fun. Which is a reason I try to make more unique ideas. If I wanted to be like everyone else then I'll just use an Ampharos/EX deck or a Gardy/EX deck.

8. Dro~

Dro~ New Member

I knew ampharos EX will be very popular when I first saw the japanese translation!

Back to the topic, I would drop professor birch for copycat. I think Mr Briney's compassion should be in your deck. Try a combination of TV reporters and jugglers.

9. duanojo

duanojo New Member

Are you using the holo or the non-holo Flygon? If it's the holo, it would be good to include a couple of the other kinds of energy so you can take advantage of Rainbow Burn. I'd also toss in a couple of Multi Energies too, in that case, just in case you get stuck with no electric or grass energies when you really need them.

I agree with the Latios fix also, but I might put in Electabuzz instead. The Expedition (?) version lets you get electric energy out and then transfer it to another Pokemon on the next turn. Finally, with a multiple energy deck, Kecleon is always nice so you can play to weaknesses.

10. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

The energy count Swampert gave is good (I shuold know, since I told him to change his this way). And yes, Lady Outing over Seer. Sure Seer can get up too 6 energy, but what are the odds of that. Lady Outing is guarunteed 3 (with at least 3 energy types, which is a minumum for Flygon I think). Also Vibreva should be the rare one, gets 3 energy for free with its first attack.

Latios EX isnt good enough to warrent 3 in a deck, he is just a good back up. Magneton amd Flygon should be main attackers. Drop 1 or 2 for something like Wobbefet, Dunsparce, Girafarig, or a good Fighting basic to hit colorless Pokes hard.

I notice that your trainer count of 24 includes 14-17 Supporters. That seems a bit high to me. Drop Fan Club for Dunsparce, ups basics, and gets same effect. Drop a Birch and a Lady Outing/Seer and add 2 Low(?) Pressure stadiums. I would also trade 3 Moo-moo's for Brineys (yes it is a supporter... ugggg...) so maybe trade Elms trianing or Juggler to something to help draw/Search without wasting a Supporter...

My 2 cents

Man, I would post my Flygon deck, but it will basically just look like everyone else's I have seen, and replied too. Btween ya'lls decks, and my replys, would I even need to post mine?

11. Kyogre

Dro~: Magneton and Energy Shower=Less hand which means good Birch.

duanojo: I'm using the only Flygon with Energy Shower, that would be the Holo one. Also I am not sure if Multi would work b/c Rainbow Burn Says, "Does 30 damage plus 10 more damage for each BASIC energy card attached to Flygon" So I would think that Multi wouldn't count.

Spectron: Taking your suggestions.

12. plaidlesspez

plaidlesspez New Member

Get rid of the Kecleons for another Trapinch and Vibrava. Kecleon is too flippy, and flygon does more damage than him anyway, so he's kinda pointless.

13. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Kecleon is good EX Tech and can hit for 80 a flip to those with double weakness. Besides, running all 6 basic types doesnt hurt it at all, it makes it better in fact. The ability to search for whatever energy you need when you need it is nice too. If you can look past the flips, then it is a great card.

Alot of people used to bash Focus Band becuase it was a flip at first, but practically every deck, modified especially used it in the end. This is a little different, but most people who complain about a cad being Flippy usually have bad to moderate luck with flips.

my 2 cents

14. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

I guess that's why I don't like flippy stuff... :sad:
    -Swampert

15. Kyogre

Edited the deck. VERY Strait forward now. Very Fast. Very Cool. :D

16. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Would still consider a Latios EX in the deck, but other than that, looks good. As far as Amphy's Power goes, does the energy attachment from Flygons attack count forcing you to place 10 damage for each? Or does that escape its Power?

Be mindfull though, if Flygon/Salamance/other dragons stays popular, Crystal Shard wil gain in popularity as tech, meaning that Amphy EX will do 80 and Paralyze or 1 hi KO 140. Of course to combat this, Dragon decks will just try and tech in Aerodactyl EX.... Just a thought for the future of this deck. Be mindful of what others are doing. and this deck can go far I think.

17. Kyogre

Good ideas Spectron. Although what would you suggest I take out for Latios, I kinda stuffed everything I could into there already for speed. Also wouldn't weakness guard be a better then a whole aerodactle line?

18. Pablo

Pablo New Member

i insist, and as jermy said, why latios when you can have latias ex? discards 1 less, takes less time to power up? why latios instead of latias, insignifacnt 10 hp?

19. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Doesnt weakness guard dissapear after your opponents turn? So what, they save their Crystal Shard for the next turn, no biggy...... Where as if Aerodactyl is in play no Crystal Shards at all!!! And a 2-2 wouldnt be horribly bad to add to this deck... but that is the future, unless you are already seeing a lot of Crystal Shards, dont worry about it.

-1 Grass
    +1 Latios

Shouldnt hurt the deck at all, still leaves like what, 19 energy? And Grass is the one missed the least. If not, than -1 Supporter. (19/22 supporters now)

20. Kyogre

Mudkip: Latios is better for the amount and type of energy needed. I have more Grass and electric therefore I don't mind as much when I discard them for the attack. While Latias has to discard 1 fire and 1 water and I only have 2 of each and those are reserved for Flygon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.