Error on Worlds '07 site.

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by Flaming_Spinach, Aug 11, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flaming_Spinach

Flaming_Spinach Feature Editor

Check out this puzzle:

http://www.go-pokemon.com/op/premie...ds/info/06-07/minisite/day1/game1/puzzle.html

Okay, it's pretty easy, that's given. However, there is a problem in the answer.:eek:

If you can't find the error, simply highlight the quote for a spoiler of the error:

Discuss.

2. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

Yeah, I thought that was pretty funny also when I noticed it.

3. EternalFire

EternalFire New Member

I just noticed the "Pidgeot" on thier bench is actually a Pidgeotto. lol

4. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

Lol, they don't know what the card do..

5. TcgPlayer2006

TcgPlayer2006 New Member

Hahaha, two errors:
    The Pidgeot is Pidgeotto and you already win when you KO Lugia ex so the Cursed Stone to pidgeot doesn`t matter =)!

6. Gatsu

Gatsu New Member

1 erorrs???

i spot 4:

1) pidgeot instead of pidgeotto

2) mewtric player will take 3 prizes (2 for lugia ex and 1 for pidgeot)

3) after latias's attack pidgeot cannot be at 90 damage (healing 10 off) if it was at 100 damage it was dead.
    if it was at 90, after latias attack it should be at 80

pheraps one more mistake:

4) a rocket's admin is in LBS discard's pile. if mewtric player has only 2 prizes left, how is possible for him to have 5 cards in hand after his turn's draw?

7. ShadowTogetic

ShadowTogetic New Member

How is it 3? Unless Clutch hits each bench for 10, it's going to be 2 prizes taken

Also, what if opponent rearranged discard pile for Retriever, and Admin was just there

8. Kempley05

Kempley05 New Member

I bet they never imagined how much trouble it would cause lol.

9. Gatsu

Gatsu New Member

cursed stone....

the "answer" said cursed stone was needed to grab the last prize (1+1) but the correct number would be 3 prizes (even if 2 from lugia are enough and the game is over before pidgeot is hit by stone)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  10. ShadowTogetic

ShadowTogetic New Member

Cursed Stone never got a chance to affect the Bird. Once you have taken your last prize card(s), game's over. In-between never happens

11. Phazon Elite

Phazon Elite New Member

We know that.

The guy who made the puzzle apparently didn't.

12. Pooka

Pooka Master Trainer

Also note that it is literally impossible for that situation to arise in the first place. The only way Regirock ex could have 80 damage on it after being attacked by Latias* is by a Strength Charm due to its Poke-Body (70 damage on Regirock, Strength Charm + Healing Light does 20, Poke-Body brings Regirock back down to 80 damage), and it couldn't have attacked because Pidgeot has 90 damage on it (Healing Light would bring it down to at least 80 damage).

Furthermore, why is Regirock ex with one Energy active vs LBS? More importantly, why didn't the opponent simply use Clutch to win the game on the previous turn?

They didn't think this one all the way through. :p

13. Flaming_Spinach

Obviously, the player with Latias* didn't attack last turn.

Don't ask why. :confused:

:lol:

Interesting puzzle.:rolleyes:

14. Jigglypuff666

Jigglypuff666 New Member

Has no one realised that it says you have 4 cards in your hand even though it is plainly obvious that you have 6?
    What a great puzzle.

15. pokemonmike

pokemonmike Active Member

At my league that would cost you a quarter!:lol: pokemon don't die they get knocked out or faint.:wink:

Nice eye though you guys! Flaming_spinach should have made a trivia out of it and the first one right received a gym die!~:biggrin:

16. Gym Leader Blaine

Gym Leader Blaine <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15

Nice find everyone. I have shown what everyone has found to the PUI web team, and they will fix what needs to be fixed.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  17. Dom

Dom New Member

"Our original solution used Cursed Stone to change Stadium cards. But the wise players solving the puzzle on the Web have noted that our solution adds unnecessary steps! Instead, you'll get two Prize cards for knocking out Lugia ex. So, the name "In Between Dreams" is kind of meaningless since you win on your own turn! Thanks to the players on the PokéGym for keeping us honest and making us better players!"

lol

18. Flaming_Spinach

Best thing I've ever read on the official Pokemon site.

19. Gym Leader Blaine

Gym Leader Blaine <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15

They had hope you guys like that. They just wanted to say thanks for the help.

20. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

Well, today's puzzle is rather easy and simplistic, didn't even have to think about it. No errors also as far as I can tell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.