Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Escaping Paradox. Chapter 6 is finished! Arceus reveals I'mperfects identity!

afstandopleren

This is my first Pokemon fan fic. I will be needing a lot of help so please bear with me...
NOTE: I really have no idea for a good title. When the story progresses, I would love to hear some ideas.

This story will be about a huge disaster looming over our world and the world of Pokemon.

NOTE: You might want to use CTRL+F to jump to the Chapter that you want to read.
Chapter List:
Prologue
Chapter 1: The Envelope
Chapter 2: Distorted
Chapter 3: In the 'Here and Between'
Chapter 4: Encountering Imperfection
Chapter 5: End of Time
Chapter 6: Seeking the Renegade

Prologue:

"RHOOAARHH!!!!"
A huge creature with a strange colored gem of some sort, awakens from a deep slumber.

Women: "We have got visual from our cam in the Between, sir"
Man: "Great, Grunt #4, get the machine and lock on to it A.S.A.P!"

Grunt #4: "The machine has a lock on it, sir!"
Man: "Fire at will, we must infuriate it if the plan is going to succeed!!.
Grunt #4: "Aye, sir!"

*A huge twirling beam is shot from a strange machine at the creature*

"RHOOAAARRGHH!!!"

Grunt #3: "Impact confirmed"
Man: "Any signs of damage on our target yet!?"
Grunt #3: "No sir!"
Man: "Then fire again at will!! My plan MUST succeed!!"

*Another beam is shot a the creature*

*The creature receives a severe blow to the shoulder while trying to evade the beam*
*-Crack-*

Grunt#3: "Damage on the Lustrous Orb confirmed, sir!"
Man: "And what is Palkia's reaction?"
Grunt#3: "It does not seem to re- OH SH---!!!*

*Palkia unleashes a Spacial Rend attack on the the machine and the camera.*
*A huge explosion follows*

Grunt#1: "Close the portal, NOW!!!!"
Grunt#2: "Trying, but the R.I.F.T. machine seems to be stuck"
Grunt#1: "Then do something about it or all **** will break loose!"

Grunt#2: "OH GOD, I can see Palkia on the other side of the portal!!! CAN ANYONE HELP ME!!??"

"RHOOAARHH!!!!"
*Palkia charges up a Hyper Beam and shoots it at the portal*
*Portal closes only inches away from the approaching Hyper Beam*

Man: "I will harness your power... Palkia... You WILL BE MINE!!!"

End of Prologue

Chapter 1 - The Envelope

-19 Years later-

"RHOOAARHH!!!!"
*Palkia charges up a Hyper Beam and shoots it at the portal*
*Portal closes only inches away from the approaching Hyper Beam*

Man: "I will harness your power... Palkia... You WILL BE MINE!!!"

"NOOOOO-Whoa!"
*Beng!*

In a small town in Johto, a boy wakes up from a nightmare.

"Zaro, are alright up there!?"

Zaro: "Yeah mom, I'm absolution fine! Just had another nightmare making me fall out of my bed....AGAIN!!"
Meowth: "Meowth?"
"Goodmorning Bibi, I hope you have slept better then me. I just had another nightmare..That's all.. *Sigh*"

Zaro stood up and started getting ready for another day.
Being glad he did not have to school, he was also very bothered by the fact that he did not know what to do next with his life.

Once downstairs:
Mom: "Good morning hun, how did you sleep tonight before falling out of your bed again?"
Zaro: "I'll eat first if you don't mind. I'm very hungry."
Mom: "You should be, it's almost lunchtime!"

Zaro grabs a box of Butterfree-O's and empty's it in a bowl.
Zaro: "Hey, where is the Miltank Milk?"
Mom: "Chryser also took Butterfree-O's for breakfast. I guess he thereby took the last drops of milk."

Zaro was very annoyed since breakfast became more of a chore since almost every morning since his mother got a new friend, his favorite breakfast would miss an ingredient . "Just another thing to be annoyed about." he would think then.

After deciding he would just switch to bread, his mom said:
"Look, their is Pelipper with the mail"
"Mail?? On Sunday!?
*Clunk*
"I'll get it!"
"No you don't, you are still in your pajama! If you are going outside, you put your clothes on first!"
"Oh, right..."

Zaro goes upstairs and gets dressed.
Thoughts passing through like "Why did she have to be in love?" and "So...what's going to be boring about today?"

Finally ready for the mail, Zaro steps out of the front door in a hurry but suddenly stops in his tracks on the way to the mailbox.
"Who's there!?"
Zaro turns around but only sees his own house.
Creeped out by the feeling of someone standing right behind him, he grabs the mail.

Just a single letter with a weird glow around it. No address or any word of some kind.
Zaro tries to open it, but he can't.
'What the...??'
He tries to wedge a nail in the sleuth of the envelope but it did not budge. It did not even tear up.
Angry and annoyed, he keeps trying to open the envelope until he hears a familiar voice.

Girl: "Hey Zaro! Missed me!?"
Zaro: "Erh what??"
Zaro looks up, still a bit occupied with the envelope and sees a familiar girl, also age 19 with deep grey eyes and red hair with 2 pony tails accompanied by a Gardevoir.

Zaro: "Excuse me, do I know you??"
Girl: "Come on Zaro! That's not funny and that is no way to treat the new Grand Champion!
Zaro: "New Grand Champion?? Hmmm, sorry does not ring a bell."
Zaro continues to try to open the strange envelope.

Girl, angry while grinding her teeth: "Aaargh, you are not going to tell me that you have forgot the girl next door; Mayle! IT''S ONLY BEEN 7 YEARS!"

Zaro ignores her being very occupied with the envelope.

Mayle: "Give me that!"
*Pulls the envelope from Zaro's hands and tries to tear the envelope apart in anger*
Mayle: "GNNNNNN!!!!! Aaargh, what the HECK!?"
Zaro having snap t back into reality: "Oh yeah, now I remember you! Hi Mayle, Grand Champion huh!?"

Now Mayle is occupied with the envelope, also not being able to grasp why a simple piece of paper is so indestructible.
Zaro: (-_-') "Okaay.............."

Gardy: "Gardevior!"

Mayle's Gardevoir, Gardy, uses Psychic to take the envelope out of harms way. Clearly having enough of this silly situation and feeling the needles anger of her trainer.

Now Mayle snap's back into reality: "Uuuh YEAH! I got all the Ribbons and some Badges all the way obviously. MAN, I have so much to tell and talk about!"
Zaro: "I can only imagine! *Laughs* But have you said 'Hi' to your parents yet..?"
Mayle: "Well, no one is home at the moment. I expected them home but...... "
Zaro: "In that case, do you want to wait for them at my house?"
Mayle: "Do you even have to ask? *Laughs*"

Once inside, Gardy puts the envelope on the coffee table.

Mom: "Oh Hi Mayle, long time no see! You have grown and so has your Ralts obviously."
Mayle: "Hello, yes and thank for still knowing who I am. *Points towards Zaro*"
Zaro: "Hey!"
Mom: "Oh, what!? Zaro, how many times have I got to tell you.........."
Zaro interupts his mom.
Zaro: "Yeah yeah, mom, I know! I KNOW"

A few minutes later, everyone sits in the living room, drinking and chatting.
Mayle tells about her and Gardy's travel and how they won the Grand Festival and Zaro tells about the divorce of his parents.

*A car driving at high speed through the street gets into a slip and slams into a tree*

"What was that!?"
The five run outside only to see a wreck, completely total loss, against a tree in the garden of the neighbors across the street, drawing quite a crowd from the people and Pokemon in the street.

A man manages to step out of the wreckage, white as a sheet of paper and falls down on the ground, wheezing and desperate for air.

Zaro, Bibi and Mayle, Gardy where one of the first to come to the rescue but it was too late. Man passed away with an empty look on his face.

*Tick tick tick tick tick ticktickticktick*

Women: "Everyone get back, the car is going to explode!"

Everyone near the car runs away to a safe distance.

*Pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT..........PHWOOOSH!*

Instead of exploding, the car became engulfed in a round hole of some sort, 2 meters in diameter. Like a black hole, it pulled everything in range towards it and sucking it up.

The wreckage got completely torn apart. Any small explosions were also swallowed by the purple, blue and black-ish hole.

However, the gravity the hole produced only had a range of 4 meters. No one was in the vicinity so no one got swallowed.

After everyone standing with their mouths open for 5 minutes, the hole disappeared.
Leaving only a big gap in the ground as if a comet had fallen there. The dead man, the tree and the card were no more.
Everything was gone in that area.

No one standing there could grasp what happened. No theories and no explanations. Only headaches.

After having stood there for a while, mumbling and talking for as what had happened, everyone went back into their houses. Slightly in shock and desperate for a painkiller for their headaches.

End of Chapter 1

I'm continuing tomorrow.
I hope I got peoples interest.
Keep checking back every now and then due to update's I'll be making.

Last edited:
I like it as well. It's almost written like a screenplay! I can't wait for the next part. Check mine out as well! I'd love to hear what you think. The prologue on your piece really reminds me of a movie opening, something fast and furious to catch the attention! Kudos

Thank you for liking it so far.

I'm inspired by this story though What the Bleep Do We Know. I'm a big fan of Quantum related stuff and Pokemon so I decided to put this story together for epic, mind boggling weirdness.

Keep checking it once in a while, I'm updating the story at least once a day at the moment.

Chapter 2 - Distorted

Mayle: "So, let me ask the question that is on everyone's mind: What the heck happened!?"
Zaro: "I........ don't know..."
Mom: "Help us, Chimecho!"
Zaro's mom holds onto the Poke-Ball while Chimecho is summoned.
Mom: "Use Healing Bell."
"Chime-Chime!"

*Chimecho chimes soothingly*
Everyone moans relieved and feels better.

Mom: "Before we continue with this head breaking thing, I think we should call Officer Jenny. I mean, that poor man, swallowed by that.....hole! GOD!"
Zaro's mother started to get a panic attack and Chimecho uses another Healing Bell to calm her down.
Zaro: "Uhm, yeah... *Talking through his teeth* Can we PLEASE let it be for the moment!?"

And so Zaro's mother calls the Police Department. Apparently the whole street had phoned and they would soon arrive at the scene.

Mayle: Gardy, did you see or sense anything weird besides that black hole thing?
Gardy nodding no: "Voir..."
Zaro: "I asked if you would PLEASE not mention it for the time being! I know it's on everyone's mind but puh-lease, keep it to yourself at the moment!"

Mayle: "Hey, sorry if I offended you..... >_>"

10 Minutes go by without a single sound before several motors and cars break the silence.

Zaro: "Took them long enough.."
Zaro, Bibi, Mayle and Gardy go outside, curious of what is going to be found.....

Once outside, they see that the Police Department wasn't taking the case lightly. 2 Jenny's and 5 other Police Men had arrived with equipment.

Jenny#1: "Okay people, stand back! Give us some space to research this!"
Almost immediately the Jenny's got bombarded with questions.

Jenny#2 shoots in the air to calm everyone down and talks through a megaphone: "Okay people, you have left us no choice but to constrain you all by sending you to your homes until further notice!"
"But this.... But that...."
Jenny#2: "NO buts, go back into your homes people!"

And so the mumbling crowd returns to their homes.

Inside:
Zaro: "Oh MAN!"
Mayle: "I wish my parents where here..."
Zaro: "And...what now???"
Mayle looks out of the window: "Well, there is no way way can sneek up close. It looks like the place is to crowded with police."Besides, this does not seem to be something for the police to handle......"
Zaro: "Well, you have a point there, although my head is to full of it....."

Moments filled with shared thoughts and silence pass...
Mayle is busy trying to see what is going on with Gardy and Zaro played with Bibi to kill the time.

Suddenly Zaro's Mom sees it's 5 o clock and worries why Cryser is not home yet and tries to call him.
The lines where cut off due to the investigation...or so she was told...
Zaro's Mom: "Well, who wants to eat something?"
*Everyone raises his/her hand/paw.*
"Okay then, I'll try to whip something up"

Suddenly Gardy sensed something bad for a split second. Mayle saw it and asked what she felt but Gardy could not really tell but walked to the coffee table... And the letter was gone..

Mayle: "Zaro? Where is the envelope?"
Zaro: "Dunno, why you ask?"
Mayle: "Because it's kinda gone..."
Zaro: "I'll ask my mother. Mom!? Have you seen the envelope somewhere!?"
Zaro's mom shouting from the kitchen: "Envelope?? It should be on the coffee table!"

Zaro: "You don't think it suddenly got legs and ran off...."
Mayle: "Not funny....."

Suddenly Gardy felt something bad again. Only this time the feeling did not go.

Gardy, pointing towards the backyard: "Garde garde voir!"
Mayle: "Zaro, Gardy thinks that there is something going on in your back yard!"
Zaro: "Oh Really!? Well, it's not like I've got something better to do...."

Once outside in the back yard:
"I don't see anything besides the forest edge...."
"You sure there is something here, Gardy?"
Pointing towards a black figure on the forest edge: "Gardevoir!"
"Who's there!?"

A tall man in a grey coat with a hood emerges from the shade of the forest.
It's face was completely gone hidden from sight.

"Again, who are you and what are you doing in my back yard!?"
"My name is of no importance to to.."

The man raises his right hand and creates a sphere in the palm of his hand with similar colors to the hole they witness earlier.
Gardy, sensing the danger, jumped in front Mayle.

The man, still slowly walking towards the kids and their Pokemon, still held the sphere but raised his left hand.
As a response, Gardy used Shadow Ball attack to keep the man at bay.
The Shadow Ball was reflected with a move from the man's left hand, sending the attack into a fence which was instantly obliterated at the point of impact.

"Mayle, get back inside! It's getting to dangerous with this freak"
*Slam*
"What the!! I can't open the door!"
"MOM! MOM!! Why doesn't she hear me!?"
Zaro punches the door and looks through the kitchen window, but sees no one.

Gardy used an Thunder Wave in an attempt to stop the man in his tracks. Again, this attack was reflected with a wave of the man's left hand and Gardy was hit with her own attack and got Paralyzed. In reaction to Gardy not being able to defend, Bibi
charges at the man with her sharp claws, attempting to use a Slash attack. However, when she launched at the man, the man grabbed Bibi's paw ,swung around and threw her into Gardy, which made the 2 slam against the back door.

Mayle and Zaro both screamed: "Someone, HELP US!"

Zaro and Mayle, crawled against their KO'd Pokemon, somehow knowing that they would either die, or witness something horrible. Not being able to grasp what would happen and why no one heard them, the man stopped only 5 meters away.

Man: "Meddlesome kids.... Goodbye!"

The man throws the sphere towards them. The sphere imploded only 2 meters away, creating a hole that tried to suck them up. While holding each other and their Pokemon, they tried to withstand the strong pull of the hole but quickly had to give up and where sucked into to it.

END OF CHAPTER 2.

Last edited:
Alright...

It's passed away, not past away.
Any small explosions were, not where
The tree and the car were no more, not The tree and the card where no more.

Me: "The thing that drives me up the wall is that you say who's speaking in a wierd way," -
*-and all descriptions are also notated wierd.*

But other than formatting and a few past/present/future tense issues, it's loking like a really good story!

Chapter 3: In the 'Here and Between'

A 20 year old guy with short, blond hair and deep green eyes, walks through his neighborhood., mumbling and complaining about being bored.
"why does my life seem to suck..?" Is a phrase commonly used by him.

It's warm and humid. He stands on a small bridge, crossing a pond in the park, thinking about his life and how it could have been.

Mark got a message from his mother. She asked if he would want to stay at his parents home while they where away for the week.

-Meanwhile in Johto-

"We are soooo dead now!"
"Stop whining Mayle and hold on!"

The kids form a chain with their Knocked Out Pokemon. All depending on Zaro to not let go of the doorknob.

Man: "Let me help you shape my world.."

The man makes a gesture with his left arm and hand and an invisible force yanks the doorknob out of the door, sending the kids screaming into the hole.

-Meanwhile somewhere in our world-

When sending a reply to his mother, he's distracted by something.
"...............?"
Mark looks up into the sky and sees a ripple of some sort?
"Must be my imagination.. and looks into the pond"only to see the reflection of the ripple in the air.
"What the!??" And he looks up again and observes it for a long time.

-Somewhere inside the hole-

The kids and their Pokemon spin around like crazy.

"ROOOAAAARGH!!!!"

"What was that!?"
"Don't know but we have finally stopped spinning...I think I've got to hurl"
"As long as it's not on me Mayle...."

Mayle manages to keep her barf inside and the kids look around.

"Where the HECK are we!?"
"Don't know but I think it's cool that we are floating....There does not seem to be anything here except us and a few colors in the distance..."

"RROOOAAGH!!"

"EEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!"

Palkia appears from what seemed to be nothing.

"YOU ARE IN THE BETWEEN. LISTEN TO ME, EVERYTHING AS YOU KNOW IS IN DANGER. FIND THE HUMAN NAMED MARK AND STOP HIM FROM FULFILLING HIS DREAM."

"Wait, what!?

But before Mayle and Zaro could grasp or say anything to what Palkia told them, they where send into a rift by Palkia.
And they where twirling around like crazy.

-Meanwhile somewhere in our world-

"WOAH!" Mark was startled because he suddenly was able to grasp what he saw; A dimensional rift.
"Oh my god! This is SO COOL!"

Being a huge fan of quantum physics, Mark knew there where things beyond the average scientists comprehension but this wend beyond his wildest dreams.
He looked around and saw some other people in the park staring at him and became a little embarrassed.

Suddenly, the rift widened and 4 flares where spewed out. Mark noticed it but also saw that the other people could not see or hear what was going on.

The 4 flares landed in the pond, which everyone in the vicinity did notice.

A small amount of people that were in the vicinity watched the pond. Mark, still standing on the bridge, also watched the pond. Suddenly, a boy and a girl came from underneath the surface of the pond and swum to the side of the pond. What only a few people noticed is that it looked as if they were holding something big.

The people whom watched thought they saw a couple being in love that fell into the pond while kissing or something and walked along.
Mark however, immediately walked to the 2 kids that crawled out of the pond and lend a hand.

"Hey, take my hand!"
"*Gulp* Thanks!"
Mark reaches out to Mayle while Zaro sits in the sun with his Meowth to get dry.

"Oh crap!"
Mark almost falls into the pond because Mayle was so 'heavy' due to holding the unconscious Gardevoir .
After getting them out of the water, the 3 kids sat in the sun on the grass.

"So....well.... Let me introduce myself.. My name is Mark."

Mayle and Zaro looked at each other with a shocked face on which Mark responded:

"Come one, I'm not that scary and I won't bite...."

"I'm Mayle and this is Gardy, my Gardevoir."
"Zaro, and this is Bibi, my Meowth"

Mark looked at the 2 as if he was having some sort of brain malfunction.
In return, Zaro and Mayle raised their eyebrows.

And suddenly Mark burst into laughter.

Mayle getting ticked of: "Hey, what's so funny!?"
Mark, rolling over the ground laughing out loud:"Gardy!!! Bibi!!! Pokemon!!!!"
After a 2 minutes, Mark calmed down enough to tell something: "What's so funny about this is, is that you believe that Pokemon are real! There is no one and nothing with you. Pokemon only exists on TV and in games!"

Mayle loosing all her patience: "They are real and don't exist in your games and tv series only! WHY can't you SEE them!?"
Zaro: "Calm down Mayle, don't waste your time on a nutcase that claims that Pokemon are not 'real' We have Pokemon to worry about."

Mark was shocked about Mayle's reaction and tuned down.

"Sorry if I did not take you seriously, but here, on this world, in this dimension, Pokemon only exist in games and on TV. That makes it really hard for someone here to believe that you have Pokemon here with you. And while saying that, I have to say that can't see your Pokemon....."

Mayle and Zaro pointed to the Pokemon next to them, but Mark could only see the grass..

"Sorry, no, I still can't see them. Maybe that takes time like when I saw that dimensional rift you came through.."

"I really don't like this place."
"Me to.. No Pokemon? Kinda sounds very boring to me..."
"Zaro, what do we do with our Pokemon? They are still injured. Though it does not seem too bad, how do we get them healed?"
"If we only got their Pokeballs with us.....which we don't..."
"Nope....Oh, wait!"

Mayle started grinning in such a way, Mark got totally creep ed out.

"I still have my other Pokemon with me. Silly me!"
"Mayle....How the HECK could you forget about your other Pokemon!!!!"

Even with that going on, all three felt some sort of De-Ja-Vu like they all have met before. They all tried to dismiss it and continued with what they where doing.

"Mayle......! Never mind.... Do you have a Pokemon that can heal Meowth and Gardevoir?"
"Let me think.... Yeah, I have!"

Mayley pulled away the left flap of her jacket, revealing a belt with 6 Pokéballs and grabbed one.

"Wait! May I please summon the Pokemon in that Pokéball? I believe that that might help me see your Pokemon...Because I can see those capsules...."
Mayle felt somehow that she could trust Mark and handed over the Pokéball but Zaro was not amused with the request.
"How can you do that if you only met and know him for 3 minutes!?"
"Oh Zaro, you are stubborn as ever. You do know that I only do things if I feel right about it!?"
"Yeah but..."

Mayle handed over a Pokéball to Mark whom started acting a little bit weird. It was obvious he was not sure what to do with it or what to think of it.
Zaro looks disapproving at Mark.

"Go Pokemon!"

Mark threw the Pokeball lightly in the are...but nothing happened.

"Did I do something wrong?"

Zaro, seeing his chance: "Uhm, yeah, there is a button on the ball that activates the summoning mechanism."
Zaro grabs the ball fast so Mark could not grab it.
Zaro presses the Pokeball and pushes on the button.
The Pokeball expands and just as Zaro wants to throw it, Mayle, while looking very annoyed, grabs it back and hands it over to Mark.
"Try it now."
"'Kay, here it goes. Go Pokemon!"
Mark activates the Pokeball and throws it in a more powerful way.
A red beam comes from the opened Pokeball and revealed an oval shaped, white silhouette.
"Whow, what tssssssssss....."
"Chan-seeeeey!"
"I can see I can see I can..........What the heck, I can see that Pokemon!!!!! Whoot, it worked!!!"
Zaro and Mayle looked at Mark as if Mark was insane.
"Yeah, okay, done now?"
"Uhm....I think so! Man, this is...............Great!"
"Chance, please use Softboiled on Bibi and Gardy"
"Channnnsey!"
Chance the Chansey tapped on her chest showing that she would do the job with ease.
"Soo, that's a Chansey?"
"Yeah, isn't it CUTE!?"
"I guess..." ("It's looks hideous! A pink egg with a face!? COME ON!!! At least those other 2 look like something....normal")
"What's on your mind, Mark?"
"Oh, nothing...."

Chance healed Gardy and Bibi. Zaro noticed that it still took quite long and said to Mayle that she shouldn't be too happy about the 'minor' injuries.

The evening started to fall. The evening sky got a deep orange color. Mark, Zaro and Mayle, aswell as their Pokemon, talked and shared info about both worlds.
They all felt at ease, like they knew each other for years.
And then, Zaro noticed that the night had fallen and wondered where they should stay and could spend the night for the time being.
Mark noted that it was an eerie coincidence that his mother asked to take care of his mother's house while she was gone for the week.
But since his mother's home had more sleeping space then his 'room' in a flat near the park, he offered Zaro, Mayle and their Pokemon a bed and place to stay for the week.

End of Chapter 3

Last edited:
Short, but I asume you had to go. And good to see normal format!

And if you can tell us, is this one story, or does it continue somehow...?

:p No, I had to go. That and I seem to have a writers block.

I have to get a good feel for what I want to do with the characters and in what situations they will meet and etc. etc. etc..

This will be a looooooooooooooooooooooooong story...(I hope) I mean, it has only just begun if you read closely.

Last edited:
well, u should post it when it is finished, and i write, and am good at it (trying to get the time to write a fanfic), so i can give u some tips if u want.

I would love to get some tips, Ashinto.

My mind is bursting with idea's for the story. Thing is, I rarely have the time to focus or to write a whole chapter so that is why it's written bit by bit.

Chapter 4: Encountering Imperfection

"As long as you be careful not to leave any traces of you being here."
Mark fiddled with the keys as they where standing on the porch of Mark's mom's home.
"Nice place from what I can see from here"
"Gardevoir!"
"Let me see! Let me see!"
"Zaro? Could you please keep your voice down? It's 11PM... "
"Sorry."
"Ah, got the key in the hole."

Mark opened the and let everyone come in first before going in himself.

"It's pitch black in here! Mark, is there a light switch or something?
"Hey-Owch! Your standing on my foot!"
Zaro accidentally presses the light switch with his elbow.
"Well, why won't you explore the building? But maybe it's a good idea to eat and drink something... I haven't eaten since noon...."
"Hmm, well, now that you mention it....."
Everyone steps into and explores the 6x6 living room and Mark continuous to the kitchen.
"Mark?"Your mom has good taste!"
Mayle said as she and Gardy fell down on a on the big,bulky and soft couch.
"Glad you like it!"
Said Mark loud while scavenging through the kitchen in search for easy food.
Zaro looked at the bookcase and saw some interesting titles.

"...Nothing interesting in the fridge except for some butter and rotten meat.."
Mark throws away the meat in a garbage bag.
"Now here is something eatable. Anyone want some bread? I got jelly, chocolate hail and peanutbutter!"
Zaro and Mayle walked to the kitchen to see it for themselves.
Mark cleaned up the rather large wooden dining table and readied everything.
"What's this?"
Zaro held up a red colored carton package up.
"That is chocolate hail. You first smear the butter on your sandwich and sprinkle it over the sandwich."
".....What's chocolate?"
"You don't know what chocolate is!?
"No... We don't. We don't have that in our world."
Uhm, it's uh............ Why don't you try it a little first? It tastes sweet.."
"Uhm, do you have any food for our Pokemon?"
"Well, not sure, what do they eat? I mean, of course I don't have Pokemon food because they don't really exist in this world."
"Well, as much as don't see it anywhere in your kitchen, they like fruit and such."
"Uhm, would they like carrots? Because that is the only fruit and veggie I currently have been able to find...."
"Will you eat the carrots, Bibi and Gardy?"
"Look, tomorrow, I can go to the grocery store but now, this is all I have.."

Bibi, Gardy and Mayle's other Pokemon reluctantly ate the carrots.
After eating, everyone was tired and Mark showed them the guest room and the bathroom.
Mayle wanted to take a shower first and Zaro got ready for bed.
Mark was glad he still had left his old room untouched, with most of his belongings still there.

The next morning, Mark went up early to do some shopping and Mayle went with him.
This gave Zaro the opportunity to sniff around Mark's old room.
The room was very tidy, with only the bed being clearly used.
Zaro turned on Mark's computer. While it started itself up, Zaro looked into the several drawers of the desk. He found several notes and weird books about changing paradigms and other deep science stuff.
"Jackpot!"
Zaro found Mark's diary, which was nothing more than a tattered notebook.

Zaro read Mark's diary while Palkia's words. And thus, Zaro felt he had to search deeper to who Mark was and is.
Zaro read for an hour, various pages.
Mark appeared to be a kind person with a strong sense of justice and is very smart and sensitive. He, however, seems to struggle with the behavior of other people towards him and has gotten a grudge from it.

This was interesting, but Zaro could not figure out why, what and how Palkia's instructions fit into Zaro's insight in Mark's character.
Besides that, this weird sense of knowing each other for years.... what could ever be the reason that they were 'assigned' for this mission to stop Mark from doing something.

Zaro read some of the few last entries.

"I have been reading a mind blowing book lately. It states that our sense for time and space are made from the Newtonian paradigm....or something along those lines. I'm still a bit 'full' in my head from the huge amount of information I have bombarded myself with. It does interest me to no end. I now know what I want to study.... but what science fits into this book's analogy?
(...)
have been searching on the internet. I have come across a science that fits into the analogy. It's called Quantum Physics and Quantum Mechanics. Don't know the difference between the 2 yet, but they seem to be very similar from what I can tell on the net. It does seem that you need to get a degree in physics first...which I find a tad strange since the quantum stuff seems to dismiss all that what we have ever learned....
(...)
I'm hooked to the questions asked in the fields of quantum physics. I have watched a movie about it and I am positive I'll unravel some of the mysteries on that field (...) it is my dream to do it right and become Phd.. That is too prove how good and great my ideas are...right?
(...)
Since the divorce and moving to another town, I have had to put my dream on a hold. But now that I'm settled, I have contacted a local uni that teaches physics.
(...)
I have past the test! I can now start my study in a week or 2. I so psyched!"

Zaro heard a key being inserted into the front door downstairs. He quickly snapped out of it and hastily put back everything he had taken out in a way that Mark should not be able to suspect someone had gone through his stuff.

"Too bad I did not bring any money along...."
"Like you could if you were attacked by a creep...."
"But I still think it was funny, stealing stuff with Gardy's Confusion attack."
*Mayle flashed her new earrings.*
"Ugh, I don't want to talk about it."

Zaro flushed the toilet to decrease the suspicion for being upstairs.

"Mayle, would you take these bags and bring them to the kitchen? Then I'm going to lock my car."
"Sure..."

Mark goes outside to his car.
Meanwhile, Zaro comes down the stairs and is startled by Gardy, whom shook her head.
Zaro made begging signs with his hands but almost falls down the stairs when Mark comes back. Gardy did gave Zaro a wink to make sure Zaro understood and to keep it a secret.

"Does anyone of you know if you were the only from your world that came to this world?"
A bit startled, they both shook their heads.

"That's strange, because my neighbor gave me a envelope with....our names on it....!"

Mark showed the Envelope that had the same mysterious glow like the one Zaro tried to open back in Johto.

"Give me that!"
Zaro grabbed the envelope and tried to open it.
"Hey, what's the matter with you!?"
But Zaro was occupied with trying to open the envelope again. He could not stand the fact that a simple piece of folded paper would not budge an inch.

Mark pulled the envelope out of Zaro's hands.
"HEY!!!?"

But before Zaro could try to steal it back again, Mark opened the envelope.
"Soo.......................what's the big deal? It's just paper..."
Mark pulled a slightly torn piece of paper out of the envelope with something written on it.
"Whatdoesitsay?WHATDOESITSAY!?"
"Gardy, would you please help Zaro too calm down..."
"Voir!"
Gardy used Hypnosis on Zaro.
Zaro fell on the ground, fast asleep.
"What does it say?"
Mayle stood next to Mark, reading with him.

Mark read out loud, while noticing that it was his own handwriting.

May 23, 2017

When experimenting with the 'Reality', I was contacted by a stranger whom said he could help with my experiment.
If he can help me, then my invention will change the world and they way we look at it! I'm feeling tense since it might be my only shot at earning the title.

May 30, 2017

This is my last entry as I know I'm dying. The man that contacted me, is a me from another dimension. He is able to bent the reality to his will.
He is power hungry because of that. However, thanks to a mistake he made when attacking me, he accidentally shared some of his memories and thus, some of his knowledge to me. Thanks to that, I have his 'powers' too. Don't have much time but he has to be stopped at all costs, he is destroying all possibilities existing and thus, he is a danger to all dimensions and levels of existence. I, hereby ask, you, the other me, the 'not him', to search for a way to stop him.

I'm sending this letter within an Envelope I give to a creature whom controls the dimension I'm in now. Fortunately, the creature knew that there was someone else ripping the dimensions apart and wanted to cooperate with me. I really hope that you, the other me, will find the 3 Beings that repre

The last part was unreadable due to a huge blood stain.

"3 Beings? Of what?"
"And most important for me....how in the heck can it be written by me? ....God, this is creepy!"*Shudders*

"*Yawns* What have I mist?"
"This.." Mark handed over the piece of paper.
Zaro, still a bit sleepy:"So...this was in that dang envelope...?.....How did you get it open anyway?"
"Uhm, by opening it? I still honestly don't know what all the the fuzz you made was all about.."
".....'kay...."
"Hey!! I just realized something! Maybe that other you, is talking about Palkia!!"
"Palkia?? No way! He's a myth from Shinnoh!"
"What is a Palkia?"
"From what I heard from my time there, is that it's 1 of the 2 deity's that rule over the concepts of Time and Space. It's rumored that both have the complete control over their element. In Palkia's case, that is Space."

Mark noticed something about how Mayle told about that and got the feeling that she was not telling something.

"Ugh, I don't want to know about it, it keeps giving me the creeps. I mean, there is only 1 me....right?*Sigh*"
"Yeah, but maybe it's an idea to let it go for the time being... Say Mark, is there something more to do on this planet? I want to do something more then shopping."
"Not in the near vicinity from what I know. But if you are interested, there is someone at my uni talking and telling stuff about quantum physics. That is where I'm going to tomorrow evening."
"That's.......not for me. Nothing personal, but I dislike science."
"Well, you don't have to come with me ofcourse, but would you like to come, Mayle?"
"....Tomorrow? Can I think about it until then?"
Sure..Why not?"
"Thanks...in the meantime, I'll think I'll train my Pokemon...I'll at least be busy with something instead of pondering about the Paper.."
"Good point..can I help train, Mayle? I would love to have the experience of a Pokemon Battle. And it keeps my mind of things."
"Okay"

"And....What the heck is this!? 3 Beings of what!?"
"What? You just finished reading that? You are such a Slugma at times...."
"What do you think of it, Zaro?"
"It's....headache material... I mean, it's clear it's written by you...after all, it's part of your diary.."
"AND HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT I HAVE A DIARY!??"
Gardy giggled.
"Uh, I don't KNOW! A good guess maybe!?"
"...............Hmmph, okay.... But I'll keep an eye on you....."
Zaro looked very pale after Mark's outburst.

Mark went to the park with Mayle to train some of Mayle's Pokemon.
Zaro stayed inside and kept thinking about the weird stuff going on.

The day went by like a breeze and the next morning they were very sleepy.
"Man, I barely slept at all!"
*Yawn*"Join the club, Mark."
"Not like I think I'll go but what wuz it again this evening?"
"You mean that lecture thingie where I'm going to?
"Ya, that"
"There is someone at my uni this evening, telling about some stuff about quantum science... to put it simply"
"And what is quantum science again...?
"It's the science of possibility."
"Maybe it's a good idea to ask him about this letter you got...."
"That's......... Don't know.. I don't have a good feeling about getting someone involved that we don't even know..."
"But if it's the only chance to shed some light into this stuff....?"
"........Hmmmm, alright...But you 2 BOTH will go with me... I don't want to ask him all by myself and you are the only proof that is visible for the people in this world."
"Okay, Zaro and I will come with our Pokemon... As long as you don't forget to bring the envelope and it's contents..."
"...Why wouldn't I?"

The day went by slowly and when they finally arived that evening:
"Oh man! I got to go to the litle man's room. Here is the envelope, take a seat and I'll find you."
Mark hurried towards the nearest toilet.
"This is soooo not what I wanted..."
"Don't complain Zaro, it was your idea, now wasn't it?"
"Yeah yeah.... I just don't feel right about something.."
"And where is it anyways?"
"Don't know. Maybe if go along with the big line of nerds..."

Zaro and Mayle found the room and found some seats and waited for Mark.

-Meanwhile-

Mark is just finished emptying his blather and washed his hands.
*Clunk*
Mark looked at the door. To his shock and surprise, the whole doorknob mecahnism from both sides fell out of the door. What was even stranger, the door had no proof of having an doorknob in the first place! No hole, no nook or cranny. Like the 'door' was just another part of the wall.
"What the..... WOA!"
Mark was startled by the shattering of glass. As Mark looked behind him, he saw that the tiny window fell into the room. Again, there was no indication to be seen in the wall of a window ever being there.

Mark, thinking he was almost going insane or hallucinating, banged on the area that the 'door' once was. He banged but it sounded like he was banging on a wall.
Mark screamed for help even though he knew that it was useless....
Eventually, Mark sat on the floor, scared to death, waiting for something to happen.

-Just a small distance away-

"What's keeping him so long? It's almost beginning."
"Do you think he is doing the big message? Or could he got stuck in the toilet?"
"Ew.......Too much information! Gary, can you tell were Mark is?"
"Voir!"

Gardy used her psychic powers to sense were Mark is. She saw Mark sitting on the floor in a room, only a small distance away.
Then, Gardy used telepathy to send Mayle the info she just gathered.
"Thank you, Gardy. Come one Zaro, Mark is in trouble!"
"But how? Did he lock himself up?"
"Ugh, you really haven't changed....."

After a small walk, they found themselves at a wall with a toilet sign. They noticed that there was no door.
Zaro touched the wall, trying to feel something, while Mayle yelled if Mark could hear them.

"Mark!! Can you hear me??

Mark heard some vague pounding through the wall. He was startled by it and jumped up.
"Who's there!? Can you hear me!?"
Mark pounded back on the wall.

"Zaro, stop! I have got an idea. Gardy, could you tell Mark to step back from the wall as far as possible?"
Mayle grabbed a pokeball from her belt.
"GO Fross!"
"Fros-Lasssss..."
"Has Mark stepped back, Gardy?"
"Garde!"
Zaro got what Mayle wanted to try and stepped back as well.
"You do realize that you are now affecting his world and that there might be bad things happening if you continue with you'r plan!?"
But Mayle ignored Zaro's warning.
"Fross, freeze that wall to pieces!"

Fross got an evil look on her face and started to cool down the air surrounding her.
Then, Fross floated through the wall, freezing it, as she went through it.
Once on the other side of the wall, after having completely slipped through, Fross turned around and poked softly at the frozen wall, causing it to shatter.

Mark stepped through the hole in the wall, shivering from this claustrophobic happening.

Suddenly, Gardy was started and yelled while pointing into a direction. When they all looked, they saw saw a 40-ish year old man with black hair and grey eyes in a lab uniform. Mark recognized him as the man whom gave the lecture. However, there was something a little off about the man. He was looking kind of angry.

The man raised his hand, to which Gardy jumped in front of Mayle, but Mayle was not targeted.
The man summoned a fiery blast that hit Fross and Fross was KO'd instantly.
Mayle summoned Fross back into her Pokeball and they all wanted to run. However, they stumbled upon invisible walls, wherever they went.
"Don't run. You will not escape your death this time! I don't know how you got here, but you are making my plans go awhile by being here. NOW DIE ALREADY!!"
The man had the kids and Pokemon cornered. They knew that they couldn't attack the man.
"So this is the guy that caused you to come here?" Whispered Mark.
"Yes, and we are sooooooo screwed now!" Zaro whispered back.

The man summoned a gigantic sphere of energy in front of him, to make sure it hit.
However, suddenly everything froze. Like Time was halted.
Just a few meters away from where they stood, a dimensional crack opened.
"I don't know if it's save but I'll take it!"
mark ran into the crack first, followed by the others.

End of Chapter 4

Last edited:
I can imagine that the story might not be really grasping one's attention since the story kinda bombards you with unanswered questions.

If that is the case, some things will become a bit more clear once I start with Chapter 4.
Though the Chapter title seems puzzling, there will be stuff happening that slightly explains the goings on.

well, about me helping, i just got a writers block (don't know wut to name a girl in my story), but i will help sometime.

Thanks Ashinto, I will :D

Chapter 4 will be very long so I don't think I'll be finished with it quickly. I'll also try to answer some questions that have arisen from the story so far.

Has anyone got a story related question, that you desperately want answered? Because just maybe, I'll answer it in Chapter 4 if you PM me the question.

EDIT: If it confuses you like Lost...then I have succeeded.

Last edited:
Back