Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Events on Thursday?

Lugia58

Is there anything going on the Thursday before Nationals besides pre-registration? I couldn't find anything about Thursday on the Pokemon website, but there have been side events/tournaments previously on the day before Nationals, which is why I was wondering.

Not sure if there's anything official going on. There might be something fan-made that day, depending on what we're allowed to do...

Yeah, our group will be there Thursday as well but I don't know of anything going on. Even if there are events, we'll probably just hang out and treat it as a day of vacation.

Not sure if there's anything official going on. There might be something fan-made that day, depending on what we're allowed to do...

HeyTrainer plans to run a fan-made tournament in the early evening Thursday evening. Although many of the details are to be determined, such as where it'll be held, the most important things are already set in place:

-Structure (swiss + top cut)
-Format (DP-on)
-Cost of entry (one booster pack of an MD-on set per entrant)

Gash find me and Fulop and test with us.

Uh oh, is this another DAY-BEFORE-NATS-We're-Gonna-Build-and-Play-THIS-SD testing session? :lol:

Be sure you get ahold of Johnny too!

(I'm just kiddin' man. It was cool meeting you for a split second last year. :smile: )

It was so funny how about 6 of you ran with a brand new deck the day of the event last year.
(how'd you even find the cards to build that 6 times over??)

BACK ON TOPIC...

I'd imagine that setting up and logistical planning of the main event is a HUGE task; setting up Thursday would just compound the 'daunting' task and make Fri & Sat less efficient.

I guess it's PLAYTEST time! I wonder if league play would, at least, be open though ?

Last edited:
Back