Evil Kazam-Pig

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by Spectreon, Nov 11, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I finally received my first Choice Band today, and want to (ab)use it.

The idea is to use the attack Trick. Trick makes your Pokemon and the opponents Pokemon trade held items. The Choice Band, aheld item, increases the Attack Power of the Pokemon holding it, but only lets it use the first attack selected. So essentially I can switch items, take their item, and whatever attack they choose, it is like a perminent Encore.

I was thinking a more defensive approach to this mean tactic. so here is what I found.

1) As far as I can tell, the only Pokemon who can learn Trick are a. Alakazam, b. Spinda (yuck!!!), and c. Grumpig

2) Spinda's stats suck, so forget him..... Kazams advantage is its Speed, Grumpig has higher DF, HP, and Sp Df

heres the movesets I was thinking, pretty much works for both.....

Trick (duh!)
    Toxic
    Double Team/Protect
    Rest(Grumpig) or Recover (Kazam)

If you think I should go Offensive instead, or have tried this before, give me your insight/comments, all will be appreciated... thanx in advance

2. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

I would have Grumpig learn Psychic/Bounce(Breed), and Alakazam learn Psychic/Future Sight instead of Double Team/Protect. There's my 2 cents!
    -Ben

3. Postdog2Gengar

Postdog2Gengar New Member

Ok, I think that your ideas are good, but you are overlooking a few critical details. First of all, most Pokemon are resistant to their own type (except Sableye and a few others). So, trick will only work well on a few Pokemon to start with. This would be ok, except that you have no other attacks that will compensate for that. I realize that most Pokemon know a variety of moves, but, if you get up against something like a ghost or ice type that doesn't know any moves other than its own type, this could be disastrous. Don't get me wrong though. This could probably work if you get another attack on there; one that can damage opponents. (Swampert has some good ideas)

4. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

well, the idea is to either stall, or switch out, once I know what they are doing. I am hoping to get them stuck using a move that ups a perticular stat. I am not sure how much speed will matter for this. I am thinking that if I use Kazam, and he attacks first, I can get them stuck using whatever move they first selected. Alot of people like boosting moves, but if they are boosting Def or Sp Def then that is where Toxic is handy. I can always switch out if they are using an attack, to a Pokemon that is either immune or resistant.

I need to see how much speed is a factor in this. this will greatly help me decide which Pokemon to train for this. I am going to try out Kazam as soon as I raise one (hopefully as early as this afternoon).

Another answer could be Grumpigs Psywave. It does a set amount of damage (well, .5-1.5x my level) without weakness/resistance being applied except I dont think it can hit dark types... Reflect might also be needed since they (especially Kazam) have weaker Def and Choice Band multiplies the AT by 1.5.

5. Postdog2Gengar

Postdog2Gengar New Member

Ok, but switching Pokemon will give them a free attack. Through my experiences, this puts them at a great advantage for a one hit KO or getting your Pokemon really low. I still stand to my suggestion of adding a decent attack move instead of Double Team or Protect.

6. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

See, the thing is, they will be forced into only 1 attck, so since you will know what it is in advance, you can switch out accordingly....If you need too

7. Rep13

Rep13 New Member

There is another Pokemon that you could consider for this. You might want to try Kecleon. But instead of just using Trick with the Choice Band you could put Disable on him as well. This makes your opponent's one move that they have useless. Though the Choice Band/Trick/Disable combo can be beaten easily by switching out, it could buy you some time for a Baton Passer to get powered up.

8. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Know there is an idea, I missed Kecleon, know there is an idea if I can steal a Leftovers and use Substitute.....

Also, Kazam learns Disable (as does Spinda, yuck!), and I can always save disable for when it comes back out. since it would keep the Choice Band anyways... right?