Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ex Dragons.... new game mechanics?

Porygon3

Ex Dragons is almost here for those of you lucky enough to live near any of its events >_<
anyrate...
The newfangled Dragon Pokemon has a weakness to colorless... or rather, normal type Pokemon.
Now now... since colorless is not a type (color) how can one have a weakness to No Type?
Therefore, I say to you, there must be some explation given here... If nintendo is doing what I think they are that meens that the ccg is becoming more like the gameboy game.
Normal is a type in the game. for the most part a normal attak will effect most pokemon, I'm not to sure about any pokemon being strong or weak agenst it.
However, In the press relice they said that these were Dragon type. We all know its not, or it would be a new engery symble for dragons!
So... getting back to my point... will colorless become a type of engery (color) although its colorless nature states that it lacks color? @_@
Or will it simpley be explained away some other way.... :(
regardless... I belive some new mehanics will be involved to explain it, thus things will change...
:colorless

It's simple GBA knowledge. In the Game Boy games, Dragon type pokemon are weak to Dragon type moves. Therefore, the colorless weakness is TRYING to show that EXD pokemon have a weakness to dragon types.

Any Pokemon which is type = :colorless will do double damage to the Dragons which have Weakness to :colorless

For example, Sandstorm Zangoose's Grudge attack ** will do 120 damage to all the stage 1 and stage 2 Dragons which have :colorless weakness.

Fortunately, there aren't too many :colorless pokemon in EX: Dragon (mostly the Dragons themselves), so it will be a "Dragonmatch", so to say. (of course there are many other viable Pokemon in the set as well).

** [CCC] Grudge (30+ Damage) If the Defending Pokemon is an Evolution
Pokemon, this attack does 30 damage plus 30 more damage.

Oooh Deja Vue. I'm sure I've seen this colorless isn't a type of pokemon post somewhere else....

like Pop says.. colorless has always been a type of Pokémon.

[Ditto faces Clefable. Ditto copies Clefable's type which is what? TaDa Colorless! ]

RainbowRichards said:
For example, Sandstorm Zangoose's Grudge attack ** will do 120 damage to all the stage 1 and stage 2 Dragons which have weakness.
RainbowRichards said:
[CCC] Grudge (30+ Damage) If the Defending Pokemon is an Evolution
Pokemon, this attack does 30 damage plus 30 more damage.

Not to go off topic or be picky or anything, but SS Zangoose's 2nd attack is called Super Slash.

But anyways, it would be interesting to see how many colorless pokemon are gonna be played at the Pre-release as a counter against some of the "dragon types."

Last edited:
Yeah I saw Zangoose was a beast and would be more when Dragons came out so I started putting them in everyone of my decks. Can't wait to see it take out a 120HP colorless evolution in one shot.

Not to go off topic or be picky or anything, but SS Zangoose's 2nd attack is called Super Slash.

Yeah, silly me, went and grabbed the Spoiler of the Japanese set (instead of the English spoiler) :(. Thanks for pointing that out!

I wish they'd translate the attack names consistant with what they are in Japan. It messes up effects that depend on the attack name being the same (Ditto Transforming into different cards with the same attack and Blaine's Quiz #3 to name a couple).

Not to mention the abomination that is Promo Igglybuff's "Good Night Song"! Lost our thesaurus, did we?

:rolleyes:

hey, Blane's Quiz 1 is unplayable with the new cards because they dont have any Length writen on them...

umm totaly off topic now. :p
Would it have been easyer to make the Dragon type be a new type of (color) .. (not colorless)?

If you Like Zangoose, for the same CCC requirement, how about Chansey EX. Does 160 to Dragons, and has more HP, just a sucky EX Rule to worry about....

RainbowRichards said:
Any Pokemon which is type = :colorless will do double damage to the Dragons which have Weakness to :colorless
Ahh great, so Slaking gets even stronger. Its pretty much a given that this is a collection set instead of a playable set(except for a few cards)though.

Well the dragons will add the nice double Resistance to the mix, which to some extent balances a colorless weakness.

New cards like Muk EX and Kingdra EX will bring back a few old deck styles, nothing revolutionary, but defenitely a nice addition to the E-on format

Well, either way we look at it, the Dragon pokemon are still playable. We just have to watch how we play it.

I find it interesting that Dragons are not weak to Water. They're weak to ICE attacks in the GBA, so naturally you'd think they'd be weak to water types.

Hey Steve dis is troy
i dont think it would be right if dragons had weakness to water because water attacks damage a dragon regularly.
its like attaking a dragonite with watergun you are sayin that they must be weak to every water type attack and that would not make much sense

P.S. what day and what time are the tournaments?

~Troy~

If you say that the answer to counter dragons is Zangoose, then Zangoose is gonna to be a useful card. I don't think dragon should be given water weakness. This is unreasonable because water are winning decks, and this will cause the strong guys couldn't stand up.

Teh colorless weakness in dragon is a comeback for colorless pokemon. Don't you think so?

didnt stop them from giving Swampart and Marshtomp weakness to Lightning.

But I think giving double resistance is a fair trade for weakness to colorles.

Back