Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

EX: Team Magma and Aqua legal for March CCs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venusaur

Is the new set gonna be legal for the CCs coming later in March? I dont think it should, then I have to remake my whole deck in like a week's time :(

This was posted by the TO in my area known as Pokeplayer here.

Team Magma and Team Aqua Cards sets released after the City Championships have started Feb 1, 2004 will not be allowed to be used in the City Championship events.

Its in tournaments in the Seattle CC's.

I asked Steve about sanctioning a side event at the Prerelease and allowing the new set. He said:

The floor rules say that the new cards will be legal when the set is released for retail sale. So, not at the prerelease, but on the 15th.

I would conclude from that statement that CCs running after the 15th of March could allow the EX Team Magma and Aqua cards.

BDS

Venusaur said:
So that means just for Seattle's CCs the set is banned? Not for the whole country? The TOs can decide if it's allowed or not?
No, TO’s are not allowed to ban cards from events like the CC’s. Once AVM is sold in stores it is playable. From everything that I have read and heard POP has not banned the use of AVM in CC’s. So until POP says different you may play them. If you would like an exact quote from the floor rules I can post it for you.

It sounded to me that the quote I used was something official like TO's have been told that. It makes sense. The last line of my first post was my words. I was saying where to find that quote. I did not mean to say anything like Pokeplayer has decided to ban Team A&M just for Seattle. I thought it was Nintendo's overall decision. I seem to remember this topic already talked about and answered the same way. Sorry about confusion I may have caused.

If one of the PTO's would check recent e-mails from PUSA, they should be able to confirm that this question was already asked & the answer was NO. They want the same group of cards for all the City's.

Its no good telling the TOs alone. It is imperative that the players are told that specific cards/sets are Banned if the floor rules would normally allow them to be played.

Unless specifically advertised in advance AQUA and MAGMA are legal for tournament play on the 15th March.

I was given a copy of the email that details the answer that they are not legal, but since this information was not sent directly to me I can't post the details. There's always the possibility they could change their mind, I would wait until a formal announcement from Nintendo.

Last edited:
I hate to sound sarcastic or dumb, but why would they ban the cards in teh first place before the next CC?

According to the POP rules, any card sets are legal for any sanctioned tournaments:
-Expedition
-Aquapolis
-Skyridge
-EX: Ruby & Saphire
-EX: Sandstorm
-EX: Dragon
-ANY POST EX: DRAGON SETS
-Promos 001 to the current Promo
-Any reprints that are found in the 5 sets mentioned above

I highly doubt that the TO's in Seattle are allowed to do this. Unless POP and Nintendo said this themselves at a meeting in Redmond, WA, then it is illegal.

If its like that then what about the World Tournaments, the Japanese will be ahead by 2 sets. I dont think that would be real fair to us in the US. :)

POP has told all the PTO's that they may not allow Team Magma vs Team Aqua in the City Championships. I would not recomend trying to use them.

farbsman,

POP has told all the PTO's that they may not allow Team Magma vs Team Aqua in the City Championships. I would not recomend trying to use them.

That's great but until PUI make an official anouncement to players then they cannot enforce it.. what does a TO do when a player waves PUIs floor rules at them?

Seems a stupid thing anyway do they not want to sell more cards?

From: http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/tournaments/pdfs/Pokemon Organized Play Floor Rules.pdf
Page 6

New Releases
All Pokémon trading card game sets and promotional trading game cards are allowed in
POP-sanctioned tournaments as soon as they are released to the public.

In addition, highly competitve tournaments supported through Pokémon Organized Play
may include specific rules on which expansions will be allowed for those events. New
expansions may not be allowed for such events. Please check our website pokemon-
tcg.com for specific details on the event.

Sounds to me like any tournament can make the decision as to if they want the new cards or not. But then, I don't play the game, so I don't actually have any clue...

ukpokemonpro said:
farbsman,

That's great but until PUI make an official anouncement to players then they cannot enforce it.. what does a TO do when a player waves PUIs floor rules at them?

Seems a stupid thing anyway do they not want to sell more cards?

I look at it this way. I have an email saying they are not allowed. If I allow it, I can get in trouble with PUI, if I don't allow them and the player complains, all they get is an email saying I was follow instructions. Gee which one do I prefer.

oh and for your eyes the email says:

7) Good question -I will add it to the FAQ. Since there are City Champs both before and after the release, it would by more fair to have the cardpool stay the same throughout the City events. In short, Magma/Aqua cards will not be legal at any city championships events.

So it was suppose to be added to the FAQ section of the webpage for the City Championships, not sure why it hasn't, I will call PUI on monday and make sure it is added.

It's that second paragraph you quoted that people are concerned about.
Will PUI "include specific rules" that TMvTA will not be allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back