Faint Rage

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Shift, Feb 26, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shift

Shift New Member

I've always liked bench damaging decks, one of the reasons my first modified deck was a Weezing/Shiftry deck. I made this deck messing around with the idea of a decent fighting deck combined with my most favorite "annoying pokémon" Weezing. Deck first, strategy below:

4 Dunsparce (SS)
    3 Nidoran M (AQ)
    2 Nidorino (AQ)
    3 Nidoking (AQH)
    3 Koffing (RS)
    3 Weezing (RS)
    2 Cacnea (Poison Payback)
    2 Cacturne

4 Oak's Research
    3 Elm's Training Method
    3 TV Reporter
    3 Rare Candy
    3 Switch
    2 Warp Point
    2 Town Volunteers

3 Boost Energy
    8 Fighting
    7 Grass

An ideal game would be to start with Sparce, get the basic and Elm for the evos. Start hitting the bench with Weezing, when the active is weakened send out Nidoking to (hopefully) keep the bench damage going and to take out incoming weakened threats. Cacturne is pretty nice late game with Boost to pick off benched Pokémon.

This is still in the testing stages, but it's done pretty good so far. Decks with major healing put a little dent in the strategy, but whatever.

Anyhow, there it is. Comments/Fixes are welcomed.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2004
  2. nikePK

nikePK New Member

K, looks really good, just some slight changes here, I'll explain em afterwards.

-1 TV
    -3 Candy
    -1 switch
    +1 Nidorino
    +2 .... C. Shard? +2 Draw stuff.

Ok, since ur not running oracle, I think its best to drop the candies and make more room for other stuff. Its easier to stairstep the line i think, specially with Training Method. This also frees up room for the more draw power, and the tech shards so u can take out rayq... 4 switch cards seems like it should be sufficient. 2 Town Volunteers is realllly overkill, u should be good with 1.

Alright, good luck with it man, its a pretty interesting strat.

3. Shift

Shift New Member

Crystal Shards are fine by me when I'm playing people on Apprentice. As no one in my store plays Quaza, so no need to worry about them in real life.

About the "more draw stuff", what do you think I can add? Shaman for early disruption maybe?

Thanks for the fix/comment by the way, nikePK.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2004
  4. plaidlesspez

plaidlesspez New Member

Dude Shift, that's so weird. My friend just made a Nidoking/Weezing deck this week too! And he doesn't even have the internet, so he couldn't have seen yours on the boards.

Anyway, it looks pretty good, but you may wanna take out the Cacturne line and put in some Sparce and extra pokemon in your lines. Other than that it looks good. Maybe put in Warp Energies. The only problem with Nidoking is that his attack isn't really that good. It's only and average of 60/70 for FFCC. Most other cards do more damage for that kind of energy cost. Good luck with it.

5. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

You're wrong Plaid. Here's what you meant to say:

Most other EX cards do more damage for that kind of energy cost. Not most cards. This deck is just different and not an archetype like everybody else plays.

As for the strategy, I think it depends too much on coin flips/dice rolls with Nidokings power. Try something like Aquapolis Donphan, which does do damage to you, but is still more viable in my opinion. Run Donphan and add healing with the remaining leftover spots. Sounds cool! Keep working on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.