Favorite moment for the 07-08 season

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by bonslypwns, Jul 17, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. bonslypwns

bonslypwns New Member

This is a thread for all those glorious moments, or funny moments, etc. ones you had this season. I know worlds aren't here yet, but oh well. So go ahead, post yours!

Mine:
    CC's: In the finals at a cities, it was me with T2Bannete, my opponent with DWD. I already lost to it in swiss. I was satisfied with 2nd. But first game, I make a huge turn-around and when the first game. Then times called in the second, and I ghost head FTW. I won a cities by beating DWD with Banette. :O

~Peace

2. Deus_Ex_Machina

Deus_Ex_Machina New Member

mine was when Drew H won nats
    =D

3. The_Lurb

The_Lurb New Member

My best memory this year is from the semi-finals of a city championship. My opponent and I had never interacted with more then a few words before but we ended up joking and talking and throwing lame disses at each other. It was very fun even though I lost I have to say those two games were by far my favorite ones.

4. flariados

flariados New Member

THe most fun moment was when I played Nats and everybody laughed themselves sick becuase I played Magmortar with buffer piece.

5. Dennis Hawk

Dennis Hawk New Member

Mine was in the cities, where lone Magikarp T2 donked lone Magmar with Dragon rage, thus winning the game in the next table.

The whole masters table just laughed and clapped their hands.

6. octillery49

octillery49 New Member

Getting 2'nd with Raieggs during a spring Battle Road.

7. rsifpwns

rsifpwns New Member

Mine was when ~`Flygon`~ Met dr.mario/DarthPika and talked so much trash and they didnt do anything,I t was so funny OMG it was a good ol time.

8. andceo

andceo New Member

National final against a deck which was very difficult to beat.

He starts.
    Energy to Clamperl.
    Attack: tails.

My turn,
    Togepi, Rare Candy, Togekiss on my single Magmar.
    T1 50, GG and we can go to the 2nd.

9. Spirit Of Mew

Spirit Of Mew New Member

Mine was when mom my got second at her first cities to Chris Fulop with a deck I taught her on the way down there.

10. furrymuskrat03

furrymuskrat03 New Member

Hearing Mark call on my moms cell phone when we were in the car saying he made top 8. It made me feel alot less stressed about the car ride home(5 hours after 10 the previous day) and alot more happy :) 2nd best was meeting TearsofanUchicha. We had planned a trade but then never met up again :O

11. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Being 5-0 and sitting at the N1. table at nats. :cool:

12. ChaosKnuckles

ChaosKnuckles New Member

Coming back 5-1 in prizes and winning in the first round of States against a Palkia Lv.X/Swampert/Gorebyss deck. Lol I was playing Mag(mortar).

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  13. marill95

marill95 New Member

Losing To Clint Armstrong 2 Times In The 2 Seperate Finals, But Were Still Friends AND GL TO HIM AT WORLDS HES GONNA PWN

14. yoyofsho16

yoyofsho16 New Member

This wasn't neccessarily during a tournament, but my favorite moment was losing to an Electivire Theme Deck (using PLox) wih some n00b at my school, yet I got such a bad hand...

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

My favorite tournament moment, however, is when I got 9TH PLACE IN A TOP 8 CUT AT STATES using Empoleon.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  15. charchar

charchar New Member

My Funny Moment:It was at Maryland StatesTop 2and me and my opponent were neighbors, Live in the same apartment tower, and we are also best friends and so i won game 1 with a nice setup and game 2, out judge, a good friend of mine, offered us japanese doritos and we started getting adicted to them and our hands were filthy and we started telling jokes and how we did in early rounds and started dissing eachother and then we were barely playing and thenn i just noticed the after 15 minutes of joking i got a 2 gallade with Dre and i won :p

My Glorius Moment:When i Either won Regionals going 1-1 or 2-1 in the begining or when i went undefeated at mayrland states for the whole day and achieving 92 Rating Points that day :p

16. TheDarkTwins

TheDarkTwins Active Member

I must of missed that. :nonono:

Drew

17. Hatter™

Hatter™ Active Member

Best:
    -2nd at regionals
    -finally top cutting at Cali States
    -going 40-12
    -meeting everyone at nats(and... thoy:tongue:)
    - Winning a BR with Mothim/Gyarados/Unown P
    -6-3 at nats
    -Becoming a Professor
    - Getting my own league(Thanks DFB!!!)

Worst:
    -Getting T1'd at regionals by a Mantine :nonono:
    - Going 40-12
    -Missin T32 at nats again
    - msisin out on worlds

It was a GREAT SEASON, and although, it isnt ending how I wanted it too, it was fun!!!:biggrin::thumb::lol:

18. kristi

kristi New Member

My favorite moment was at regionals. Me and my friend (Benny V) were walking through the mall and we came out of the restroom into like this hall before you reached the mallish area. He punched me in the chest, so I slammed him into one of those scales that is like "learn your weight" and is really big and made of metal. It was also in the corner, and when he got slammed into it, I made a really loud noise and we were joking about it being broken (even though it wasn't). So we had both started laughing and I was like "OK Benny, nothing happened. We were never there." And then this little kid comes running past us and he screams, "Yeah, Nothing happened. We didn't break anything!" Then we see a security guard and he just stares at us for a while before continuing on and me and Benny just erupt into laughter and can barely make it back to the tournament area without falling over and by the time we got there we were both crying and our sides ached terribly. It was hilarious!

19. Guille90

Guille90 New Member

Losing nats finals [/sarcasm]

20. Time for Pain

Time for Pain <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

Pro
    -Making cut at almost every tourny I entered (I missed at a BR, Cities, and Nats)
    -going 6-3 at nats
    -Getting a T1 win at regionals (Walrein is amazing)
    -seeing Darthpika get donked by my league leader
    -seeing all my friends at nats
    -losing my sister at VA Beach
    -winning a side event a nats
    -winning a cities and 2 BR

slops
    -finding my sister at VA beach
    -losing in the first round of top cut in most of the tournies I entered (I won a cities)
    -getting 3rd at a top 2
    -getting 5th at a top 4
    -missing the cut at nats
    -missing worlds (again)

I may update later