Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

fear the "SHANANIGINS"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninjachris96

this is a DP-on super spread deck. Very low cost, fast, and consistent. I will most likely play this next season... any feedback would be great. check out scans on pokebeach if you dont know what they do. =)

Pokemon: 23
4-4 Yanmega
3-3 Bronzong MD
2-2 Claydol
2 Aerodactyl
2 Spirtomb
1 UnknownQ

Energy: 7
4 Call
3 Multi

Trainers: 30
2 Old Amber
4 Bebe
3 Roseanne
2 Warppoint
2 Nightmaintenence
2 Cynthia
3 Wager
4 Dusk Ball
4 Pokedexhandy
2 Luxery Ball (my spelling is terrible)
2 POV

prettty simple, just get early Mega to spread and then get out Zong.

please post!!!

Dusk Ball and Claydol don't really go together, since the bottom of your deck is going to be cluttered with stuff you Cosmic Powered a lot of the time, thus lowering the amount of fresh cards you get to look through for Pokemon. I think Pokeradar would be a lot better.

The Multi are indeed not useful here at all, as others have already stated. Aside from Call, I think this deck can actually get away with playing no energy since you're only going to be focusing on energyless attacks. I also don't think you need that Unown Q, since Yanmega has free retreat already and a 2 retreat on Bronzong really isn't much better than a 3 retreat. I'd replace it with Chatot (MD). That card is a great opener on the (admittedly rare) chance you open with it, unlike Unown Q, and it's just a great option for any deck to have as a refresher IMO.

Aerodactyl is good in theory, but with no way to search for Old Amber, it likely is never going to come out early enough to matter. I'd highly consider replacing it with 2-2 Shaymin Level X. The +40 HP boost to Yanmega combined with the swarm ability means more turns of Shockwaving, which to me would be more valuable than what Aerodactyl does anyway. You might also consider slipping some TM-TS2 in here as well to get KOs on Candied evolved threats that have 5 or 6 counters on them. Yeah, you'd miss a turn of spreading, but sometimes taking care of a threat is more important. If you had Bronzong active with it and they had things that were going to take hits from Cursed Alloy, you'd still get some damage out there as well as the devolving KO. Finally, Miasma Valley was pretty much made for this deck since you play both of the types that DON'T get hit by it. It just adds to the spread madness. I'd definitely add it.

Here's my list:

Pokemon (18):

Yanmega LA x4
Yanma LA x4
Bronzong MD x2
Bronzor MD x2
Claydol GE x2
Baltoy GE x2
Spiritomb LA x2

Trainers (42):

Technical Machine TS-1 Evolutionator x4
Great Ball x4
PokeDex x4
PokeRadar x4
Professor Oak's Visit x4
Quick Ball x4
Bebe's Search x3
Miasma Valley x3
Team Galactic's Wager x3
Technical Machine TS-2 De-Evolutionator x3
Luxury Ball x2
Night Maintenance x2
Roseanne's Research x2

Energy (0):

I'd like to add in at least one Switch. You could probally take out a Roseanne's for one, because in a deck with no Basic Energy, Roseanne's is harder to use. Or you could take out a Night Maintenance for a Switch, because if all goes well, your opponent shouldn't be able to attack you till T9 or so. You have TONS of room here, 42 Trainers, so best make use of them and make the deck as fast and consistent as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back