Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Featured Furious Fists Cards: Seismitoad EX

bulbasnore

Administrator
Staff member
Trader Feedback Mod
[gal=55732]Seismitoad EX[/gal]
Seismitoad EX is a basic from the new set that may interest those of you that like to make annoying lock decks. Its Quaking Punch attack puts an effect on your opponent of not being able to play Item cards, such as Professor's Letter, Ultra Ball and Float Stone from the hand on the next turn. Combine that with some other lock card like Garbotoxin Garbodor and you can really choke your opponent's strategy. Grass weakness makes it vulnerable to common foes like Virizion and Genesect. Will it get played? Will it be on winning tournament decks?

IMO, yes this Poké will get played quite bit. Also, let's not forget its second attack Grenade Hammer which can also inflict lots of damage too...

T1 Item lock from a Basic is just great. It will be played, but I don't know in which way is the best. You pair him with Garbodor LTR to prevent opponent's from using Abilities for the entire game (they can't Megaphone/Scrapper away Garbodor's Tool)! Maybe you could run it with a ton of Outrage attackers and hit them with a Grenade Hammer to ramp up their damage. You could run it with just a bunch of techs, or tech it in an established deck to slow down an opponent early game.

Since Seismetoad is just a Basic that uses a DCE to attack, you have a ton of deck space to add things to overcome your Weaknesses. You can use Muscle Band, Hypnotoxic Laser, and Virbank City Gym to boost your low damage output. You can put in Pokémon like Pyroar, Reshiram, or other Fire types to handle Virizion/Genesect.

This card has just so much uses and combinations.

Last edited:
T1 Item lock from a Basic is just great. It will be played, but I don't know in which way is the best. You pair him with Garbodor LTR to prevent opponent's from using Abilities for the entire game (they can't Megaphone/Scrapper away Garbodor's Tool)! Maybe you could run it with a ton of Outrage attackers and hit them with a Grenade Hammer to ramp up their damage. You could run it with just a bunch of techs, or tech it in an established deck to slow down an opponent early game.

Since Seismetoad is just a Basic that uses a DCE to attack, you have a ton of deck space to add things to overcome your Weaknesses. You can use Muscle Band, Hypnotoxic Laser, and Virbank a City Gym to boost your low damage output. You can put in Pokémon like Pyroar, Reshiram, or other Fire types to handle Virizion/Genesect.

This card has just so much uses and combinations.

On the outrage part, Kyurem NV34 seems like a great fit to me, either to soften up the opposing field before seismitoad starts attacking, and providing outrage for high damage, for water energy much like seismitoad needs. Then if you don't want to use glaciate you don't need the water energy at all

On the outrage part, Kyurem NV34 seems like a great fit to me, either to soften up the opposing field before seismitoad starts attacking, and providing outrage for high damage, for water energy much like seismitoad needs. Then if you don't want to use glaciate you don't need the water energy at all

I was thinking more of Reshiram and Zekrom LTR, because they cover Virizion/Genesect's, Yveltal's, and Lugia's Weakness. Seismetoad can already hit Water-weak Pokemon for Weakness.

Also, Kyurem-EX PLB has an Outrage that does 10 more than the non-EX Kyurem, and it has 180 HP.

I've seen someone proxy this and practicing with the Garbotoxin Garbodor. It is formidable. Genesect Virizion will counter it, but not much else that relies on Abilities/Items to move its deck. This will see play.

Back