Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Fiery Kingdra ex, will it work against the BIG decks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dro~

Looking at nick15's spoiler for ADV4 ninetales, I think it may work pretty well with kingdra ex and may even make kingdra less easier to lose against the big decks out there. Here's what the card does quoted from Nick15's site.

NINETALES [70 HP] (Stage 1 Fire Pokemon / Evolves from Vulpix)
[BODY] Flash Fire
Prevent all effects of attack, including damage, done to Ninetales from
Pokemon-ex.
[CC] Quick Tackle (20+)
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 20 more damage.
[RCC] Fire Tackle (50)
WEAKNESS: WATER
RETREAT: C

The vulpix that comes with this set is also great

VULPIX [50 HP] (Basic Fire Pokemon)
[C] Scratch (10)
[R] Firestone Discovery
Search your deck for a Pokemon that evolves from Vulpix and attach it to
Vulpix. This counts as evolving Vulpix.
WEAKNESS: WATER
RETREAT: C

This deck is still under-developed until the real cards are actually released:

23 pokemon
==========
4 horsea (2 reverse thrust, 2 retaliate)
4 seadra (2 water arrow, 2 waterfall)
3 kingdra ex
2 kingdra (AQ)

3 vulpix (ADV4)
3 ninetales (ADV4)

2 dunsparce
1 ditto
1 meditite

17 energy
========
9 water
3 rainbow
2 multi
3 boost

20 trainers
========
1 high pressure system
1 town volunteers
2 crystal shard
3 nurse
2 potion
3 switch
2 wally's training method
3 POR
3 copycats

I think this deck seems pretty stable. Kingdra ex should be up in less than 3 turns thanks to wally's training method. Ninetales protects kingdra ex from sceptile/ex and ampharos ex and can share the high pressure system nicely with kingdra, making the transfer of energy by AQ kingdra much more efficient. Should I put in strength charm to OHKO expedition ampharos with kingdra ex? Once ninetales does 50 to ampharos ex, meditite can ko it next turn. Should I lose that TV and add in one more high pressure system? Does this deck need more drawing and searching powers?

Do you think this deck will work? Please give me some feedback.

Last edited:
Wally lets you evolve into kingdra ex from horsea in ONE turn WITHOUT SKIPPING seadra. Vuplix's attack lets you search for its evolution. Therefore, I really think petm is not important, but I'll try it out and compare with wally. Thanks.

Other than that, what is needed for my deck?

Last edited:
no it doesnt dro, u can evole into seadra not kingdra, it has been officially ruled that way. only rare candy can skip stages.

wait, r u saying u can get out kingrda ex 2nd turn, cuz that works

1st turn
horsea

2nd turn evolve into seadra + wallys = kingdra.

if thats what ur saying then yes. but never 1st turn

Last edited:
ooops, and yup that's what i was saying. if i use petm to evolve horsea into seadra, then i'll need to wait for another turn to evolve it into kingdra ex.

:) sorry for not expressing myself properly

a 2nd turn kindra is nice, but it would be really hard to do this. i would just use petm with candy, but thats just me

But I don't want to skip seadra. I don't know what to do, but I'll play it like a standard kingdra ex deck.

Candy is horrible in Kingdra decks actually (unless you use it for a Kingdra AQ, but even then I wouldn't use it in this deck), it would make Kingdra ex's first attack useless. Unless you want to use Reverse Thrust or Retaliate...

So yeah, stick with the Wally's in this case.

Is my deck too broken and perfect that nobody replies because of that? I'm sorry if it is. Please help me to make it less broken then.

What should I look out for when playing this deck? What should I do to stand a better chance against the popular decks out there?

My guess is that the AQ Kingdra and Ditto will be removed from Modified at the same time the Ninetails is released, so the deck may not be possible. Do you think you can make the deck work with Wobbuffet instead?

The thing is wobbuffet gets OHKO by other wobbuffet and unlike ninetales, it doesn't cover kingdra's weakness. If ditto is rotated out, I'll replace it with dunsparce. I don't know what to do about AQ kingdra though. Hope they'll keep them in modified. Ninetales will probably be released in july, hopefully the change in format won't take place until this fall.

That Ninetales is'nt that great... wobbuffet is better....Will every stop talking about all these new sets? :p for god sakes, a set just came out.

mozartrules said:
My guess is that the AQ Kingdra and Ditto will be removed from Modified at the same time the Ninetails is released, so the deck may not be possible.

No, it'll be around, but only for Worlds, so go for it, Dro!

hopefully i can get 3 holo ninetales.

Right now I'm using ninjask and shedinja instead of ninetales. Do you think ninetales will be better really?

If you want to play a Kindra EX deck after Kingdra AQ is gone, maybe you could try Team Aqua's Walrein. Then you can return a Kingdra EX to the bench, and return it's energies to your hand (make it ready for a pokemon Nurse?) + maximize damage with Walrein's attack. You'd need to go two full-stage lines, but luckily Walrein isn't lightning weak (so you won't loose for certain against Amphy), and ppl are often successful in playing two full evo-lines nowadays.

Anyway I haven't playtested Walrein enough to really know what it's good for, but I will (in a Walrein-Swampert-Suicune ex combo) soon. (All three OHKO Rayquaza ex with a Shard behind)

Daddiursa said:
If you want to play a Kindra EX deck after Kingdra AQ is gone, maybe you could try Team Aqua's Walrein. Then you can return a Kingdra EX to the bench, and return it's energies to your hand (make it ready for a pokemon Nurse?) + maximize damage with Walrein's attack.

Nurse will be gone together with Kingdra AQ!

Daddiursa said:
You'd need to go two full-stage lines, but luckily Walrein isn't lightning weak

Or you can choose to play Walrein with Archie.

Dro~ said:
Right now I'm using ninjask and shedinja instead of ninetales
I think Ninetails is going to be much better! Shedinja is too easy to get around like it is and the Archie variations hasn't made it any better.

I also think ninetales is much better but amphy expedition ohkos it but shedinja also gets ohko easily. I just hope ninetales comes up asap so that other people and I can really test it.

mozartrules said:
Nurse will be gone together with Kingdra AQ!

Yep, your right! But the idea doesn't solely rely on Nurse. As you may have many energies on Kingdra ex, that you can re-use with Walrein and get back to your hand.

Walrien is good but I don't think I need that many water attackers. Kingdra ex is good enough although it doesn't do infinite damage.

Dro~ said:
Is my deck too broken and perfect that nobody replies because of that? I'm sorry if it is. Please help me to make it less broken then.
No that isnt why nobody is replieing. I think that your deck is pretty cool. It doesnt look broken though. When the ninetales is released, try it out. It looks like it will be fun. Ya know you can play seadra on horsea and then use rare candy to make it a kingdra. It says so right on the card.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back