Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children..thoughts?

Dek

Okay, no clue where this is supposed to go, so please help me on that one. With that said, its time to start this topic.

Okay, so I was finally able to see ACTUAL footage of the upcoming CG movie, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. So far, it looks awsome. Im amazed at how well Square Enix did this movie, especially the battles with Cloud and Sephiroth. Really cool fire and spark effects. The effects look just like the real thing, and Im just amazed. Even better animations on the characters themselves. What's really interesting is that Cloud kinda looks like Tidus from FFX (its just those crazy haircuts :lol: ).

Like I said before many times, on and off the forums, Advent Children will released with the re-release of Final Fatasy VII for the PS2. Expect this anticipated bundle to come out in 2004

Yeah I saw some screen shots last night/this morning. It just looks so awsome. I couldnt belive how good it looked. Defenitely can not wait for this movie.

Info I read, it takes place something like a few years after FFVII. Cloud must again save the world, although I forgot from what. Apparently Sepiroth is back (one could only hope anyways). A must have for any FF fan, based off of my fave game of the entire series

Should be better than Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within and Final Fantasy Unlimited, at any rate. FF7 was never my favourite FF game, though. The plot wasn't as good as previous games (especially with FF4's character development and FF6's wonderful backstory). I'm keeping my expectations low, especially considering Sephiroth's return. He's been beaten by a blonde spikey-haired hero with a giant sword (Cloud) and a brunette spikey-haired hero with a giant key (Sora), so he's pretty much out of it as far as villaining is concerned. Plus, he never had the style of earlier villains (Kefka especially).

It should still be better than the plot atrocities of FF8 and FFTA, which were by far the worst FF games of all time, plotwise (the honour of all-time worst, for those who care, goes to FFX-2).

One last string of words: Expect this to be majorly hyped and overrated by the FF7+ fanboys who've never touched FF through FF6, and think that FF8 is a well-written love story, and that FFX-2 is the best thing since sliced bread.

Marril said:
It should still be better than the plot atrocities of FF8 and FFTA, which were by far the worst FF games of all time, plotwise (the honour of all-time worst, for those who care, goes to FFX-2).

One last string of words: Expect this to be majorly hyped and overrated by the FF7+ fanboys who've never touched FF through FF6, and think that FF8 is a well-written love story, and that FFX-2 is the best thing since sliced bread.

Hey, I happened to really like FF8 (haven't finished it yet, though. my disk 3 is scratched beyond repair and I need to buy a new copy). And I also liked FF:The Spirits Within and FF:U.

As far as the "fanboy" comment is concerned, I've played every single Final Fantasy game up through 8 (and I've beaten 3,4,5, 6, and 7 and when I say 3 I mean the actual NES japanese 3), and I still am REALLY excited about this. 7's storyline was so confusing in the first place that it's really nice to see a sequel. (besides I've seen clips from it and they did a REALLY good job on the graphics! though I haven't seen any clips with sephi in them). And as a game designer, it's REALLY exciting to see anyting 3D animated with as high a caliber of realisticy as Square can put out (as they have continued to demonstrate ever since they first started using their engine in FF8)

P.S. I agree with you about Sephiroth and Kefka. Sephi could never hold a candle, even at the end of his thirty foot sword(!!!) to Kefka (hate hate hate hate hate HATE HATE!!! MUAHAHAHA!!!)

P.P.S. Yes, I know that they had an amount of realisticy (I made that word up I know) in FF7, but they didn't really start utilizing that engine until FF8.

Back