Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

FINALS - European Challenge Cup 2012 (Coverage)

Marcinho

FINALS - European Challenge Cup 2012 (Coverage)
Benjamin Behrens (NO) vs. David Booij (NL)

First game
DB: Started with Celebi active. Dual Ball - Mewtwo EX (one head) and benched him, Eviolite to Mewtwo EX, JA for Dual Ball (double tails), Juniper, attached GE to Mewtwo EX, Dual Ball (double tails), passed
BB: Thundurus active, Terrakion on the bench, attached Prism Energy to Thundurus, attack Charge and attached LE to him
DB: Attached DCE to Mewtwo EX. PONT, Celebi (Forest Breath) - GE to Mewtwo EX, Switched Celebi to Mewtwo EX, X Ball and OHKO Thundurus (5-6)
BB: Terrakion active. Benched Absol Prime, passed
DB: Benched Tornadus, attached GE to him. Mewtwo EX - X Ball for 80 to Terrakion
BB: Terrakion active, attached Prism Energy to Absol, passed
DB: X Ball - KO Terrakion (4-6)
BB: Absol active. Benched Mewtwo EX, attached DCE to him. Switched Absol to Mewtwo EX. Juniper, X Ball to OHKO Mewtwo EX (4-4)
DB: Active Tornadus, attached DCE to him and N. Benched another Tornadus and Hurricane - 80 to Mewtwo EX
BB: Catchered Celebi, retreated Mewtwo EX to Absol, attached LE to him, Vicious Claw for 70 (LZ Shaymin) and OHKO Celebi (4-3)
DB: Tornadus with DCE active. Played Skyarrow Bridge. PONT, attached GE to Tornadus - Hurricane and OHKO Absol (3-3)
BB: Mewtwo EX with 80 hits active. Juniper, benched Tynamo 30. Attached DCE to Mewtwo EX, X Ball for 80 to Tornadus
DB: Retreated Tornadus to another Tornadus, PP, Hurricane and KO Mewtwo EX (1-3)
BB: Tynamo 30 active. Benched Mewtwo EX, Tynamo and gave up. The first game for David Booij

Second game
BB: Started with Tynamo 30, Mewtwo EX on the bench. Benched another Mewtwo EX. Catchered Tornadus. PONT, benched Thundurus, attached LE to him, retreated Tynamo 30 to Thundurus and Charge
DB: Tornadus active, Celebi on the bench, attached DCE to Tornadus, Skyarrow Bridge, benched another Celebi. Catchered Mewtwo EX, Dual Ball - Tornadus (one head) and benched him. Retreated Tornadus to Celebi (Forest Breath) - GE to Tornadus without energy (one Tornadus DCE, second one GE), passed
BB: Played Pokegear, found Sage´s Training and played it. Retreated Thundurus, attached DCE to Mewtwo EX - X Ball, 40 to Celebi
DB: Attached DCE to Tornadus with GE. PONT, retreated Celebi to Tornadus, catchered Mewtwo EX and Hurricane - 80 to Mewtwo EX
BB: Attached Prism Energy to active Mewtwo EX, benched Tynamo 40, JA for Catcher, catchered Celebi. Switched Mewtwo EX to another Mewtwo EX (with DCE) - X Ball and KO Celebi (6-5)
DB: Celebi active, benched Mewtwo EX, attached DCE, GE to him (hand, Forest Breath), retreated Celebi to Mewtwo EX - X Ball and OHKO Mewtwo EX (4-5)
BB: Tynamo active, Eelektrik, attached LE to Mewtwo EX (Dynamotor), benched another Eelektrik, attached LE to Thundurus (Dynamotor) and other LE to Eelektrik (hand), retreated Tynamo to Mewtwo EX - X Ball and OHKO Mewtwo EX (4-3)
DB: Celebi active, attached GE to Tornadus (Forest Breath), Switched Celebi to another Celebi, benched Mewtwo EX. PONT, JA for catcher, catchered Eelektrik, retreated Celebi to Tornadus and Hurricane - 80 hits to Eelektrik
BB: Played Shaymin and moved energies to Mewtwo EX. Switched Eelektrik to Mewtwo EX, played Sage´s Training, attached LE to Thundurus, catchered Mewtwo EX, X Ball - OHKO Mewtwo EX (4-1)
DB: Celebi active. Played N, catchered Mewtwo EX (without energy), retreated Celebi to Tornadus. Hurricane - 80 to Mewtwo EX
BB: Attached energy to Mewtwo EX and 2 LE to Thundurus (2x Dynamotor), retreated Mewtwo EX to Thundurus, Disaster Volt and OHKO Tornadus. The second game for Benjamin Behrens

Third game
DB: Started with Celebi, Benjamin hadn´ t a Basic, mulligan - Zekrom EX active. Benched Tornadus, Dual Ball - Tornadus (one head) and benched him. Attached DCE, GE to Tornadus (Forest Breath, hand). Juniper, benched Mewtwo EX. Switched Celebi to Tornadus, PP, Hurricane - 90 hits to Zekrom EX
BB: Benched Tynamo, attached LE to Zekrom EX. Played PONT, passed
DB: Catchered Tynamo, JA for Switch. Switched Tornadus to another Tornadus (with DCE, GE). Played PONT, Hurricane - OHKO Tynamo (5-6)
BB: Zekrom EX active. Played Comms for Tynamo 40, Benched Tynamo 40, Thundurus and Mewtwo EX, played Sage´s Training. Attached DCE to Zekrom EX, catchered Tornadus, Glinting Claw (heads) - OHKO Tornadus (5-5)
DB: Celebi active. Pokegear - PONT, attached GE to Tornadus (Forest Breath), Switched Celebi to Tornadus, JA for PP, PP. Played PONT, benched Mewtwo EX, Hurricane - 90 hits to Zekrom EX and KO him (3-5)
BB: Active Tynamo 40. Collector - Mewtwo EX, Cleffa and benched them, attached energy to Tynamo, retreated Tynamo to Cleffa, eek (slept)
DB: Played Dual Ball - Mewtwo EX (one head), benched him. Attached GE to active Tornadus. Catchered Tynamo 40, played Skyarrow Bridge. Pokegear - N, played Juniper. Attached Eviolite to Mewtwo EX (without energy), benched Tornadus. Hurricane - 80, OHKO Tynamo (2-5)
BB: Cleffa active. Played Juniper, nothing. Retreated Cleffa to Thundurus
DB: In his turn, Benjamin gave up the game. The third game for David Booij. He became the ECC 2012 Masters Champion! Congratulations!

Last edited:
I don't understand why in Game 2 Benjamin played down the two mewtwo. I understand he ended up winning that game, but it seems like a disadvantage to give David that target. I understand benching one because he was PONTing and there's a chance he'd miss the basic, but why 2? Regardless, good games.

I like this better than videos. Much faster than just watching. Thanks for getting this marcinho

Maybe to make a m2-on-m2 revenge KO easier to execute immediately after being N'd? So he'd only need the DCE? (I'm just guessing here, I don't know.)

P.S. The OP is totally awesome--thanks for posting all of this!

Last edited:
Benjamin played 0 (ZERO) Zekrom BW... : /

This is not the first time I see someone commenting this with surprise or disbelief. What's so surprising about it? I personally don't run any Zekrom BW either. What makes it so useful in this deck? Just curious.

I don't think there is any other non-ex attacker that can reach the 120 mark like he does.
It's also useful, kinda necessary tbh imho, vs durant..
Posted with Mobile style...

Zekrom EX is a much better starter IMO, unless you're up against Durant of course.
Posted with Mobile style...

Back