Finding Events...

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by NoPoke, Sep 18, 2010.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

MOST IMPORTANT DONT LOG IN!

To find events using the locator I've found that not being logged in works best: select premiere events and a 250 mile radius of a location that may not be that close to you if you live on the coast. For example in the UK I use Manchester as that is far enough away from the continent that I don't get the French or Dutch events, but do get Scotland and the south coast of England..

This link is for a 250 mile radius centered on Las vegas http://www.pokemon.com/us/organized...&country=176&distance_within=250&date_within=

As the USA is also a long way away from everywhere else the ANY distance option may be fine too with your home location. Selecting ANY distance is bad for the UK unless you pick somewhere a long way from the continent.

Hope that helps.

2. nnaann

nnaann New Member

I had problems with old tournaments coming up as well as other Europeon ones as well, so thanks for the tips.

3. ilikegengar

ilikegengar Member

Thanks, No Poke. I tried this very thing yesterday and it didn't work but seems to be working today. If you have any influence on the pokemon.com site, please make it where we can look for events by a state. I don't always know the city where a tournament might be that I'm searching and I certainly won't know the zip code.
    The site didn't work for me yesterday but seems updated today. Thank you.

4. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

I have no influence on that site.

The locator can be very picky on what it considers acceptable: hence my using a wide radius, not logging in , and picking major towns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.