3 Typhlosion MT
1 Typhlosion d
2 Meganium d
1 Bayleef MT
2 Chikorita d

1 Mew* d
1 Mew d
4 Holon Castform
TOTAL: 20 Pokemon (11 Basics, 9 Evolutions)

12 Fire Energy
TOTAL: 12

4 H. Mentor
4 Fast Ball
4 Celio's Network
2 Steven's Advice
2 Prof. Rowan
2 Castaway
1 Scott
4 Windstorm
4 Rare Candy
2 Night Maintenance
TOTAL: 28

OLD VERSION:

2 Cyndaquil d

1 Quilava MT
2 Typhlosion MT

2 Vulpix d
2 Ninetails MT
1 Ninetails d
2 Meganium d
1 Bayleef MT
2 Chikorita d

1 Mew* d
1 Mew d
4 Holon Castform
TOTAL: 21 Pokemon (12 Basics, 9 Evolutions)

2 Multi Energy
10 Fire Energy
TOTAL: 12

2 H. Mentor
2 Fast Ball
4 Celio's Network
3 Steven's Advice
3 Prof. Rowan
1 Scott
2 Lake Boundary
4 Windstorm
4 Rare Candy
2 Night Maintenance
TOTAL: 27

The strategy is to abuse Typhlosion MT's poke-power to return fire energy from the discard pile and attach it to the pokemon on the bench. I have a bunch of pokemon in here, so I guess I might explain each one.

Typhlosion MT - Pretty much, it's job is just to bring back energy. It is not a bad attacker, but not the preferred attacker.

Ninetails MT - I feel this card could be really good against decks that run multiple types of pokemon. It's a nifty early attacker and can work with Typhlosion bringing back fire energy with it's attack.

Ninetails d - I felt it was worth the addition. His attack can do 30 for CC, which could easily be 2 fire energy. This might help the Mario matchup, being able to do 50 to Lucario and 60 to Machamp. If Lucario hits it for 40, I can just use it's poke-power and remove the 40 damage and shuffle it into the deck and pull out the fire one.

Meganium d - I felt the deck needed some help to setup. Not only does Meganium d offer that, but it offers some good defense against water decks (which the deck is weak to) and a easily Castform'd attack to stall with even more. Also, this could improve Electivire and other electric matchups.

Mew*d - It's a great card. Castform works with this card the best, allowing it to copy any attack on any of the opponent's pokemon.

Mew d - It's a lot like Mew* d but it can only copy attacks on the defending.

Holon Castform - Castform is the desired start, and can substitute as energy mid-late game.

The trainers are pretty self-explanatory other than a few, so I will talk about them.

Lake Boundary might not be needed in this deck, since this deck is only shut down by one stadium, Holon Legacy. But this helps with cards like Ninetails and Mew* d to hit for double damage if the defending pokemon is weak to it.

I'm running 2 Night Maintenance since it would be nice to be able to bring back Holon Castforms and Mew* d/Mew d more often than none, lol.

Okay well, let me know what you think. Be warned that this idea was just something on the top of my head and I haven't tested this deck at all. I haven't even put the cards in sleeves yet!

Last edited:
I think that Holon Adventurer would make a better draw. I've heard that you really like Rowan + Stevens, but you play so many δ, it could prove very usefull. When combined with Delta Draw, Holon Adventurer will help.

I don't understand the name of your deck since you use Firestarter. :confused:

IMO, Tales is inferior to the many techs you can put into this deck. Thickening your Typhlo lines seems like the logival thing to do, since that allows you to...

Cover Fire Weakness (Typhlo MT/Mew d)
Cover Fighting Weakness (Megs)
Cover Psychic Weakness(Typhlosion d)
Cover Water Weakness(Mew*)
Cover Water-Types (Meg's resistant, and you could throw in a Ray ex d)

That's quite an advantage over the rest of the decks in this format IMO. Typhlo/Mew d take Kricketune on very well, Megs is great against nearly everything, Typhlosion d covers Lucario very well (Shady a damage counter, Burning Ball for 80, KO), Mews (both) are very helpful vs. Ape. A very cool-R-Gon-like deck! GL w/ it!

I'm looking at the list and see no way of reliably finding basics. 2 Mentor? 8 wasn't enough. 2 is just asking for trouble. I can see this being a massive problem.

That can be true, but you also have Meganium d that can search for 3 pokemon when you evolve into it. Or if you have the money, replace the Night Maintenance with TSD to put the basics right back into your hand.

What about within the first few turns? It seems a little susceptible to anything that can pull off a T2/3 KO if you don't open w/ Mentor; Krick, Luca, Ape.. I like the idea of the deck but it just may not last long enough to make it a game at times.

Its definately a start, but I would go a lot further to ensure consistent starts. So many games are lost because of this very problem, I guess its down to priority/playstyle really.

Okay, I updated the list with a newer version. I took out the Ninetails because the Typhlosion line (d included) can do the same thing really. I upped the fast ball to help get out pokemon quicker and I took out the stadiums because I didn't think they were really needed. Also there are 4 H. Mentor now.

Any comments are appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back