Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Fix Pokemon Reversal: Save the Format

TrEkIeV

i was happy to see that Pokemon Reversal's translation had finally be addressed in Mar 25, 2004 PUI Rules Team Meeting, but the translation is still incorrect.

Pokemon Reversal will be reprinted in Japan's next set which comes out this friday, and the Japanese word still hasn't changed (it has always been a flip for gust of wind) you can see more about the translation here

save the format...blaziken ex doesn't need to be banned, pokemon reversal needs to be fixed.

Last edited:
dude, that won't save u vs blaze ex.... if u wanted to save the format with a trainer, make a stadium like pokemon tower, to which cards can't be taken out of the graveyard..... lol

yeah it SUCKS, but then, bex wont be safe in the bench while it gets powered up, gardy can give it a better run for it's money, kingdra, swampert, many decks would be able to increase the odds vs bex if it were reprinted with the correct wording

-MuD

Dudes, there isnt anything wrong with the gust translation. And believe, me...A good player will have the Blaziken Ex, candy and torchic in their hand ready to play the blaze exd straight from their hand. True a free gust would REALLY hurt the BAR deck, it wouldnt kill it though. Maybe just allow for the occasional loss of manectric or delcatty.

Ice'Cold said:
Dudes, there isnt anything wrong with the gust translation.

How can there be nothing wrong with the translation? The card worded the way it is is literally useless.

On a flip, it does what Warp Point, Cyclone Energy, R/S Swellow, and Exp. Gatr do automatically. The card printed as is, is completely and utterly useless. The only explanation for this is that the card is translated incorrectly...

If a free gust really saves the format, wouldn't Dragon Salamence rule over all of Blaze/ex decks? It has resistance to fire and since it already requires water energy, almost any water Pokémon can be put in the deck as well. I don't think fixing Reversal will save anything!

PokePop said:
Magic 8 Ball says.... darn. Dropped it and it broke open.

Magic 8 Ball was broken and now it's fixed.

Or should I say.... errata'd?

Q. The wording on the "Pokemon Reversal" trainer changed significantly between the Expedition version and the EX:Ruby/Sapphire version. How should we play this card? Do we play each one "as written", or should we play them all the way the latest (or older) version of the card says?
A. It should read like the Expedition version, with a slight tweak to make it 2-on-2 applicable. "Choose 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon. Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent switches that Pokemon with 1 of his or her Defending Pokemon." The opponent chooses the defending, but the person playing the card chooses the benched. (Apr 8, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

huh? what is this about???? I am confused.......

Flip a coin if heads choose one of your opponents poekmon and switch it with the active pokemon your opponent chooses the active pokemon to switch are you saying that is wrong?

registeel said:
huh? what is this about???? I am confused.......

Flip a coin if heads choose one of your opponents poekmon and switch it with the active pokemon your opponent chooses the active pokemon to switch are you saying that is wrong?

That's right.
The one that's wrong is the R/S card that has the opponent choose which of their own benched Pokemon got switched.

To be useful in a deck, IMO 4 copies have to be run but that will take up a lot of deck space. :(

Congrats Trekiev u've just ruined the game! Back to flips again =/ It's basically whoever gets a PR now off. Yes it does help vs blaze, but who says they can't play like 2? This is bad for Pokemon and lame. Hopefully nintendo comes to there senses, hmmmm when? NOW.

This is fine people. It's one card with one flip. There aren't that many cards that are completely flippy. IMO, congradulations, you guy made a useless card extremely useful. And that is a good thing!

psssh you really think Pokemon Reversal is at ALL going to make a dent in Bex? You're seriously not thinking straight, not meaning to be mean but banning it is much better than getting a stupid gust on a flip. IMO the card never changed cause it sucks, I won't use it. Flipping for that crap ONCE in the game is just too much of a chance factor for me and I refuse to do it, it's as bad as Focus band. However, Victreebell AQ is good it is usable always, it will serve more useful than one card you get to use once and 50% of the time it works, sorry but that is no way gonna be reliable in beating blaziken ex, you might as well just play Warp point... it's better it's a double switch and it screws up their idea for sure.

BTW this is basically a jungle Pokeball card... good effect on a flip is crap. Who ever used Pokeball in a good deck... no one, why cause there was much more useful cards... same thing here.

Last edited:
It does give someone a chance to gust up BEX when it is laid down and maybe knock it out before it can be powered up. But it only works half the time so people will have to put 4 in a deck. 4 or 3.

Back