Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Flavor Text

feraligatr222

Has anyone noticed the amount of grammatical errors flavor texts contain? It's like they put the Japanese flavor text into one of those cheap translators you find on the internet. An example:

Magikarp (MT)

It is said to be the world's weakest pokemon. No one knows why it has managed to survive.

You see what I mean? No one knows why it has managed to survive. doesn't make sense!

Corrected:

No one knows HOW it has managed to survive.

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed the amount of grammatical errors flavor texts contain? It's like they put the Japanese flavor text into one of those cheap translators you find on the internet. An example:

Magicarp (MT)

It is said to be the world's weakest pokemon. No one knows why it has managed to survive.

You see what I mean? No one knows why it has managed to survive. doesn't make sense!

Corrected:

No one knows HOW it has managed to survive.

Uh... while the word "how" might make more sense than "why", "why" actually does make sense there. The phrase "No one knows why it has managed to survive" does not talk about the species' means of survival, it talks as though there is a higher purpose for the species, and that there is a reason why the species has survived. It is saying that there may be a reason for the being of the species, but people don't know what that reason is. It's not talking about what the species did in order to survive.
There's no grammatical error in that sentence, nor is there in any other flavor text.

Ironically enough, you misspelled Magikarp.

I remember the origanal Voltorb was "Monster Ball" instead of "Poke Ball". Flavor Text from Unhinged and UnGlued (MTG) are the best xD

Back