Flygon Deck (in progress)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by >_>', Mar 24, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. >_>'

>_>' New Member

Pokemon: 23
    x3 trapinch (bind/rock smash)
    x3 vibrava (rare version)
    x3 flygon (holo rare version)
    x3 magnemite (random spark x2, thundershock x1)
    x3 magneton (magnetic field)
    x2 skitty (minor errand-running)
    x2 delcatty (energy draw obv. ;/)
    x4 dunsparce

Trainers: 15 (low but all I really need since I don't have oracle)
    x4 tv reporter
    x4 juggler
    x2 prof. elms training method
    x2 switch (or 1 switch/1 warp point)
    x2 oak's research (actually comes in handy by saving me from drawing out in many games)
    x1 town volunteers

Energy: 22 (high but it does help a lot)
    x2 water
    x2 fire
    x2 fighting
    x2 psy
    x5 grass
    x7 lightning
    x2 boost

This is obviously another flygon "energy shower" deck, and I'm not expecting this to do well against BAR or anything, just a fun deck ;) . Anyways this is basically a rough draft, and is subject to extreme change if necessary. The reason why I'm running more copycat than oak's research, is well because I only have 2 oak's research ;_;. I don't have any oracle (may get some), only 1 TV, and only 1 juggler. You can suggest a list of ideal trainers for this deck, but please include a list of ones that you believe I have as well. I run more energies to take greater advantage of energy shower, but I can cut down if necessary. Thanks for reading this and I hope you can help me with my deck ^_^.

Edit: Major changes done to this, it's much faster and more reliable now. I still lack oracle, but when I get some I will lower my energy amount/etc to add them in (I really need to find some place with skyridge packs, it's the only set I've never gotten a single pack from).

Last edited: Apr 11, 2004
  2. laritung

laritung New Member

Flygon

I think Flygon can compete with BAR - a flygon can ko Ray in one hit-definitely add at least 2 wobuffets
    and 2 Dunsparce Take out one or two Latios and a magnetron and magnemite - I assume the mag line is to get more energies for the shower - how does it work vs Bar? test it.

3. >_>'

>_>' New Member

Thanks for the advice. I'll probably give your suggestions a try sometime.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2004
  4. Tyranitar666

Tyranitar666 New Member

Wobbuffet is good but I fear it may be a bit slow none the less. It would be hard to compete with BAR alot of times.

5. >_>'

>_>' New Member

I now have 3 jugglers and 3 TVs after buying some aquapolis packs (for real cheap as well). I can add those cards in if necessary. Now if only I could get some oracle, fast ball, and a few other trainers...

6. >_>'

>_>' New Member

I followed his advice and took out a latios ex,1 magnemite/magneton, and 2 grass for a dunsparce, 2 wobs, and 2 psy. Would this be considered a good idea or should I go back to the orginal? More advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I'm also considering dropping the copycats for 3 juggler, since straight draw seems to work better for this deck.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2004
  7. >_>'

>_>' New Member

;_; Please, this flygon deck badly needs your help! I hate posting again and again to get an opinion but I have only had 1 so far. If no one responds this time then I guess I will just give up on this topic =/.

8. Steven B

Steven B New Member

I think you've got a good deck there! :D

That's how i'm feeling with my topic.

9. nikePK

nikePK New Member

yeah go straight draw in this. Make one Oak's Research into another Juggler while you're at it too. I'd drop either a Wob or a Latios for another Dunsparce, its just such a great start with this deck and can get you setup in NO time.

In all honesty, I think you should run 3/3 Magneton line. It is just such a great attacker in this sort of deck that you need to swarm with it. Latios is great backup, everything seems really solid if you can get in another mite/ton.

10. >_>'

>_>' New Member

Thanks everyone, magneton does work really well in here so I might make a 3/3 line once more. I think I'll take out a wob and something else, I'm not sure what yet. Jugglers worked well so I am going to take out the copycats, but I only have 3 ;_; so I still have to get 1 more if I ever consider taking out Oak's Research. Once again thanks for all your help.

11. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Lemme get to work. Short, sweet, to the point.

Pokemon: Latios EX? Don't go loopy on me now! If you want it for Rayquaza, you're wasting your time, Flygon KILLS Rayquaza EX. I don't see why you would want that card in there. I'm going to suggest a drastic change. *Everybody holds breath* Add in a 2/2 Delcatty line. This may be hard, but I think you should go for it. You can bring up whatever kind of energy you want with oracle, then energy draw to get the energy you want, and last but not least, use Ton's power to get back the energy you just discarded.

Energies: Maybe tEChing a boost energy as well would be cool. Pretty good here. Moving right along...

Trainers: Pretty good, but they could use some alteration: Go for 4 Oracle, 3 POR, 3 Lady Outing, 3 Reporter. The rest of the trainers are there because they are. XP

New deck:

Pokemon: 23
    4 Trapinch
    4 Vibrava
    3 Flygon
    2 Magnemite
    2 Magneton
    2 Skitty
    2 Delcatty
    4 Dunsparce

Energy: 19
    6 Lightning
    3 Grass
    2 Psychic
    2 Water
    2 Fire
    2 Fighting
    2 Boost

Trainers: 18
    4 Oracle
    3 Lady Outing
    3 POR
    3 Reporter
    2 Switch
    2 Warp Point
    1 Fisherman

GL with your deck, man.

Wooper

12. Tyranitar666

Tyranitar666 New Member

13. Tyranitar666

Tyranitar666 New Member

Ack...I most definitely hit tab space to try and go to the next line and it posted for me.

I like what SuperWooper is saying. He is getting much closer to a better version. I will reveal my little Flygon version in a few days if testing works or not, and it is doing ok for me. Not Blaziken or Gardy level ( as Gardevoir HURTS this varient pretty badly witht he huge hand size AND energy count in play. Plus the huge HP is a big downer.

14. >_>'

>_>' New Member

Darn Wooper >_>', as nice as that version is you know I don't have the cards for it (please read commentary on first post). I can easily see how that version would be "better", but the problem remains in that I don't have Delicatty so it's not happening unless I can trade for him ;/. I am also "oracleless" so that pretty much throws the entire combo out the window for the moment. =/ Thanks though >_> Tyranitar: I'm interested in your flygon deck, so I'll check it out when you post it.

15. Professor_Chris

Professor_Chris Active Member

So far...this deck is 0-2 against BAR XD but it might've been a close game if he had stuck it out either game. I liked the deck though, I kept fearing for Rayquaza's life.

16. Tyranitar666

Tyranitar666 New Member

I posted my list in my Tournament Report for the City Championship in which I used it to get 2nd place, and would have won first had I not lost a game in which ALL OF MY MAGNEMITES WERE PRIZED against a BAR deck which I later beat in a fun game. Check out the report for both the deck list, some strategy about the deck, and match ups! And me making fun of some girls dressed like pigs!

17. >_>'

>_>' New Member

After a long while I have returned to edit this. I've made some major changes (finally got some delcatty!), but I am still in need of those darn oracles ;_;. Anyway, this deck runs a lot better now than it did before which is a good thing. The draw engine is almost all straight, yet I did leave in 2 POR which have saved my from drawing out on many occasions. Any commentary would be great of course, and thank you to all of those who have helped me out so far. For states I will probably sneak in a wob, but for right now I'll leave him out.

18. registeel

registeel New Member

this is practicly a complete copy of my Flygon deck I am not acusing you of stealing it btw. I like it how it is mine has bean working pretty well.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2004
  19. >_>'

>_>' New Member

X_X I never even looked at your deck, and this topic was posted before yours anyway =/. Most flygon decks look the same though (containing flygon, magneton, and delcatty), so I doubt it's that big of a deal. Thanks for the compliment none the less.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.