Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Flygon ex d

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilemaster

I have had this deck for a while with nidoqueen, but was wondering if I should change nidoqueen to ampharos. Anyway, here is the deck:
pokemon:25
3 flygon ex d
2 flygon d
3 vibrava d (42) or 2 vibrava sw/1 vibrava d
4 trapinch d hp
2 nidoqueen d or ampharos sw
1 nidorina d or flaaffy d
2 nidoran F d or mareep d
1 milotic d
1 feebas d
4 holon's castform
1 rayquaza ex d
1 absol ex

trainers:24
4 professor oak's visit
4 rare candy
3 professor elm's training method
2 bebe's search
3 windstorm
2 scott
2 holon mentor
2 night maintenance
1 lake boundry
1 speed stadium

energy:11
4 delta rainbow
7 psychic or 4 psychic/3 lightning

Any changes would be appreciated also.

If you really want to tech Ampharos into a Flygon deck try this:
(Based off your list)
-1 Flygon Ex d
-1 Feebas d
-1 Milotic d
+1 Mareep d
+1 Flaffy d
+1 Ampharos (SW)

Your trainers could be tweaked a bit, too. Speed Stadium doesn't really help all that much, it's variable, and it can help your opponenet more than you in any given game. 2 Scott just isn't worth it with as much Team Galatic's Wager as you will see. I suggest you add in 2 Roseanne's Research to help find the little energy you have and a hand refresher like Copycat or TGW.

I've been playing Flex TecH (what I call Flygon/ex/Nidoqueen) with 3 Flygon and 2 ex. The extra energy attachment is really key to this deck, more than anything else. Also, remember that Queen is quite effective in the late game, especially given that you have been (supposedly) spreading damage like a madman, and most things your Opponent will throw at you will be at 90 HP or less.

Try for 14 Energy. Even with Castform, I've often gone through dry spells with 14 energy in the deck. 11 would be torture.

I've been playing Flex TecH (what I call Flygon/ex/Nidoqueen) with 3 Flygon and 2 ex. The extra energy attachment is really key to this deck, more than anything else. Also, remember that Queen is quite effective in the late game, especially given that you have been (supposedly) spreading damage like a madman, and most things your Opponent will throw at you will be at 90 HP or less.

Try for 14 Energy. Even with Castform, I've often gone through dry spells with 14 energy in the deck. 11 would be torture.

Well, 11+castforms has always been enough energy for me.
By the way, could you post your deck list.

Castform just isn't a reliable starter anymore.

The ONLY reason Castform was good last year because there was almost zero hand disruption ( ie: Admin or Galactics ). You can be sure that you will only get off a delta draw or two before somebody Galactics you.

Not only that, but the x2 weakness to fighting will lose you a game to any Lucario variant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back