Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

flying with flygon

CanisLupis

i was wondering if there was a better way to run my flygon then what i am or if there is a better stratagy for her in my team

nature : adament, somewhat stubborn
ability : levitate
lvl 100
hp 278
attck 319
defense 189
sp attack 166
sp def 189
speed 267
item held : life orb

ev : 252 attack 252 speed 4 hp

attacks
stone edge
earthquake
outrage
roost

the idea behind her is abit of a garchomp varient using stone edge and quake combo and outrage for good hard hits and roost when its hp gets low from being attacked and the life orb. i understand that S university says to use fireblast instead of roost and to be choice band or scarf. just wondering if theres something better fitting

its other team mates are a spikes scolipede a steath rock physical attacker tyranitar drought ninetailes wall umbreon and speical attacker DW venusuar

thanks for all of you imput and time ^^

I would take off Stone Edge and replace it with U-Turn. Replace Life Orb with Choice Scarf. If you want to keep Stone Edge, just replace Roost with it. Everything else looks fine.

Remember the context of the site you're getting your information from first of all; that analysis you're looking at likely is meant for singles. Assuming this is the case and you're talking about singles, Fire Blast is normally used on Scarf sets since it offers coverage against the likes of Ferrothorn, which otherwise shrugs off any other attack Flygon can throw at it.

Consider what Flygon is normally used for: a speedy Pokemon with Scarf or Band to finish off targets rather than a setup Pokemon. I suppose you could run Roost instead to give it better longevity, but if that's the case you may as well consider something like Dragonite instead, which is bulkier, can boost itself with Dragon Dance, and abuse Multiscale with Roost; compare this to Flygon, which doesn't really offering any of those tricks. You're forgetting about U-Turn as well from those sets, which offers the nice ability to let Flygon get out of icky matchups to something more favorable while dealing damage with Scarf or Band.

Ultimately, Flygon is meant much more as a hit-and-run type of guy if that makes sense. He doesn't have any good way to boost his own power or other abilities to stay around and he's not the bulkiest of Pokemon, so he's otherwise outclassed by dragons like Dragonite and Salamence if he stays around instead of that hit-and-run role.

I completely forgot about Fire Blast. That was a nice catch. Your moveset should be

Fire Blast
Earthquake
U-Turn
Outrage

The item of choice should be Choice Scarf. What you normally want to do is U-Turn so you can scout attacks. With the scarf and max speed EV's, you should be faster then most non-scarfed attackers so you have some play around room. Like Regis said. Fire Blast is needed to deal with things Ferrothorn who has no problem fighting dragon types.

If you know your EV's, you should find out what her IV's are. You may need to breed another one.

Naive
Expert Belt
80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe (Assuming max speed)
~ Draco Meteor
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Blast
~ U-turn

I always had fun with this set back in Gen IV days. Bluff the choice scarf for as long as you can. When they send in a Pokemon like Scizor when you're "locked" on EQ, or Salamence/Dragonite again when you're "locked", use the Super Effective move that'll KO.

Back