mysterioustrainer

FORT COLLINS
POKÉMON-E TRADING CARD
CITY CHAMPIONSHIP

SATURDAY FEBRUARY 14, 2003 11:00 A.M.
MARSHAK'S HOUSE OF FANTASY
256 LINDEN ST, FORT COLLINS, CO

Entry Fee: $5
This tournament will be operated using the Modified Constructed Format. This means only Expedition, Aquapolis, Skyridge, EX: Ruby and Sapphire, EX: Sandstorm, EX: Dragons, and New Promos numbered 001 and on only. Cards from older collections can only be allowed if that card has been released in one of the listed collections (like Potion, Switch, Metal Energy).

If there are eight players in each age division (10 and under, 11 through 14, 15 and up), the tournament will be seperated into three tournaments (one for each division). Otherwise this event will be operated using the Age-Modified structure. There will be no cut to the top eight and there are six rounds to play. Due to time, no break will be provided.

Rounds will be played using best 2 out of 3 games. Round time is fourty-five minutes. Break provided if time avalable. Maximum permitted attendance is fifty due to room maximum occupancy.

Please come and have some fun!

Tournament Organizer: Craig Simpson (that's me!) [email protected]

Last edited:
Update:

Unique Door Prizes will be awarded every round! This includes binders, sleves, empty tins, and other useful ways to store your pokemon cards! Also Prizes included the POP provided prizes along with every player earning one booster just for playing!

The tournament finished up today with great sucess. Total Attendance of 25 players. Two of the Three first place players reside in Fort Collins which is a big surprise to me. I was afraid that SteveP's Colorado Springs army (if you want to call it that) would come in and wipe the Fort Collins players, but my league put up one heck of a good fight!

Actually mysterioustrainer, I think it's a good thing that your players won. Depending on where the Colorado State Championship will be (hopefully in Colorado Springs :) ), it means there will be more diversity from across the state. Plus, we were happy to help push your attendance to 25. I think it helped show your local players that Pokemon is doing well in Colorado. And, when I saw the parents of your 10-under and 11-14 champions, they were pretty excited that their kids did so well against out-of-town competition. Hopefully, that will inspire them to bring their kids to the State Championship, no matter where it will be.

Finally, it was nice not to have to resort to the tiebreaker to determine the champions.

Regarding the top decks, here's what I remember:

15+
1st - MagcargoEX/Blaziken
2nd - BAR
3rd - anti-BAR (didn't quite work though)
4th - RaichuEX/Elekid/Buzz

11-14
1st - BAR
2nd - WailordEX/Wailord/something
3rd - GardevoirEX/Sceptile

10-under
1st - Wailord/something
2nd - RaichuEX/MukEX/Ditto

Finally, my BAR in the 15+ deck actually would've won, but I purposely conceded one match and ID'ed the other because: 1) as the probable head judge for Colorado States, I didn't want to deprive someone of a full VIP package, 2) my final ID garranteed we wouldn't have to resort to the tiebreakers to determine a champ.

We'll see you at Colorado Springs next week and at States in April sometime.

Last edited:
BAR Blaziken / Ampharos / Rayquazza Ex

The Ampharos is the one from Expedition that has the Pokemon Power

Back