Fossil PK-MD. My Kabulock.

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by afstandopleren, Jun 1, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afstandopleren

afstandopleren New Member

I funny idea I just came up with. I do need help with the trainerline.
    I don't know if this variant has already been made though.
    ---------
    Pokemon
    ---------
    1 Skarmory EX PK
    4 Omanyte PK
    1 Omastar MD
    2-2 Ampharos SW
    2 Aerodactyl MD
    2 Lileep PK
    2 Cradily PK
    3 Kabuto MD
    2 Kabutops MD
    1 Kabutops PK

Total: 22

--------
    Trainers
    --------
    4 Fossil Excavator
    4 Mysterious Fossil
    4 Rare Candy

-------
    Energy
    -------
    6 Basic :water:
    6 Basic :fighting:
    4 Basic :grass:

Total 16

Strategy:
    -Get Mysterious Fossil on the Bench and survive T1 or Rare Candy to Omanyte to start Swarming with Influance.
    -When using Influance, keep in mind that you get out Lileep and Cradily asap for Cradily's Evolutionary Call P-Power to get Kabutops and Ampharos to evolve your Pokemon faster. You can also get Skarmory EX out this way.
    -The rest is rather self explaining. Get Kabutops Active while Aerodactyl, Ampharos and Skarmory EX are on the Bench and see your opponent squirm.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  2. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

The Skarmory and Ampharos look like they're taking up too much space. I'd take out the Ampharos completely for Dome Fossils so you have the chance of the turn 2 Kabutops. Holon Fossil would help out quite a bit too, so if you start with a Dome or something you can just go grab an Omanyte and set up.

This seems pretty interesting, I'll give it a spin.

3. afstandopleren

I don't think that the T2 Kabutops is needed.
    There are alot of powerhouses and it can setup verry easy.
    Besides, you can Rare Candy fossils....

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Darn, I have to wait untill tomorow untill I can test this deck.
    I'm looking forward to it.

Have you been able to test the deck mrdraz07?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  4. charchar

charchar New Member

2-2 claydol. alittle too slow.

5. afstandopleren

:eek: too slow? I know I haven't finished the Trainer line but then again I haven't been able to play yet.
    Or have you been able to test play it yet?
    And how can it be slow with such massive swarming since you can get everything out in T3/T4?

6. charchar

charchar New Member

i tried this deck, i version of it and needed claydol or furret or soemthing like that.

7. afstandopleren

:eek: I never would have expected that. If you don't mind, I still want to test it myself.
    But how can it be slow? I mean, everything is geared towards fetching things with Influance and Evo Call.
    The Supporters can help with that.

8. Brawler

Brawler <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

It's NOT going to be Pk-on.
    MAKE A DP-ON LIST.
    PLUS, DON'T SAY PK-MD!SAY PK-, SINCE MD WON'T BE THE
    LAST SET COMING OUT.

9. charchar

charchar New Member

its ok with speed but i mean that cclaydol is really good speed. maybe some scrambles or some dres. u cant draw supporter, search supporter and something else like that in one turn but claydol can help. me and my friend tested it against GG,infencatty,beedrill,mag,empoleon. also against otehr peopel

he can just change the deck when worlds is over.

10. afstandopleren

You either forgot to turn of Caps Lock or you are trying to make a point in a, what I find, rather annoying way.

Besides, we still do NOT know what will be rotated out, remember?

As for the Claydol...I guess the low amount of Basics and Evolutionary call can help finding and replacing some of the needed Supporters for this 'feat'.

11. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

2 Tops PK and 2 Tops MD.

If you are going to run Skarmory Ex, Lure Antennae was made to match with this card. Most Basics now have 60 HP so you draw them up for 20 then if they retreat they get 30 more! Just a nice combo!

12. afstandopleren

As much as that dos seem to be a nice combo, I don't think it will be needed much.
    I have considert Tops PK with the thing that you are saying but it does not prevent your opponent from playing Switch and Warp Points since they are not Kabu-Locked. It might be a okay tech with the power to prevent Pokemon cards to be played from hand and such but it really is'nt as good as Tops MD.

13. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

the idea is to get the early damage on them so when you bring up Tops MD, they are getting stacked on and they are locked from trainers. IMHO, you want them to burn the Switch/Warps/Candies early on so that as the game prgoresses and you have devoed them once, it becomes difficult for them to maintain the game.

I like the Trainer lock early on as well, but Omastar helps with the candied pokes and you need the damage on the Hitters for the Damage spread to work properly. Either way it is a great deck idea!

14. afstandopleren

Thank you for liking my deck.

Hmm, I did not see it like that....

I'll eddit the list to have 2 Tops MD and 1 Tops PK.

15. zthunderz2

zthunderz2 New Member

I dont think the MD Aerodactyl can evolve from mysterious fossil
    it says that it evolves from old amber on the card

16. afstandopleren

And thus, we Influance it to be on the Bench and count as Basic.
    There is no need for a huge pile of unhelpfull Fossils that take up much needed space.

Aerodactyl is just a tech in this deck. What for a purpose would it have else.
    Besides, you only need 1 on your Bench like Skarmory EX.
    There are 2 in it because of the chance of being Prized.

Update: Funny, as I was writing the text above, the person I was replying to removed his reply.

Okay, I tested the deck today and this is my conclusion:

To my surprise I had many cards in my hand that I did not need yet without having the chance to put them back in the deck. Therefore I advice stuff like Chatot MD or TGW's to get some hand refreshing and deck resotring going on.

There is also another slight problem with this deck. It only has 2 Basic!!!! And chances are that you will be stuck with a Mareep and for some reason you can't find or fetch Mysterious Fossil. With no :lightning: energy, it's pretty much 1 of the worst starts you can have with this deck. Therefore I also advice to add Multi Energy and Basic Lightning Energy.

I'll be updating the list now.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.