Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Fuel for Thought about Nintendo

Postdog2Gengar

Hey, Happy Black Friday to all of you 6 a.m. clearance shoppers!

Ah, yes. I too was out today doing some early Christmas shopping. I would like to share with you an experience I had in the Target store, which kind of emphasized the values of Nintendo Games.

I went to the electronics section (where else?!), and went to the GBA's. They had a SP for you to demo on. The game was Metroid Fusion. Nothing much, but something to keep me occupied. I was playing the game, when I noticed an older woman (I'd put her about 60-70) looking at some clearance-priced Gamecube games next to me. She then turned to me, and asked me my opinion on a Scooby Doo game. I said that I had never played it before, but I examined it, and said it looked like a game that would keep the kids playing. She went on to say that she had some grandkids that came to her house every so often, and played Gamecube there. After she said this, I recommended Super Mario Sunshine, if she didn't already have it. She said that she had it, and it was "cute." She said that when she bought it, she expected something stupid, but it turned out to be something that she really thought was neat. Then, she thanked me for my help and left.

The point that I realized to be true was this: Nintendo is a family corporation. You may have heard advertisements saying "Oh, Gamecube's games are rated for no one over 12." Not true. Just because they are rated Everyone does not mean this. Besides from getting a lot of the games that XBOX and PS2 have, it also devotes a majority of its time to family-oriented gaming. Stuff that's good for kinds of any age (hence "Everyone").

Please consider this when buying your next video game console for the holiday season.

Very well put Postdog. It is a fact that Nintendo is a family corporation. From its first card game in 1889 to the Gamecube in 2003, there was something that the entire family can enjoy. Something I would like to mention is that I made a few friends who share the same interests as I do. It might not sound ground breaking or anyhting like that, but one of my friends is so dedicated to Nintendo gaming, he actually created his own club at our school, called the Nintendo Cube Club. Every Thursday, we have some of the latest or greatest games ever created by Nintendo. We already had Time Splitters, SSBM, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!!, and Soul Calibur II introduced at the club. Infact, what my friend will do during the holidays is do a small raffle. the winner gets a GCN or GBA game. It's a pretty fun club. What's even better is that some of the teachers actually try to get into some of the games that are being shown at the school.

All I have to say to Nintendo is Thank You. You have shown that great games shouldnt depend on a stupid little rating. You have given me a career to think about and you helped me stay away from bad stuff (yeah, thats a little random :lol: ). You might not be able to help me out with getting a date, but we still love you guys :lol:

I have given a similar argument to my Xbox-playing friends of why Nintendo is so great. Good post Postdog. Just because Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon Starfox & Yoshi games are rated E doesn't mean they're bad. Nintendo definately rules in various Adventure titles such as the ones listed above. I have not heard of a good Xbox-Adventure game besides killing games which I don't get why so many people like.

Well, now don't get me wrong. SOME shooting games can be fun, and Nintendo probably wouldn't attract older customers without them. I own James Bond: The World is not Enough myself, and I plan on getting Splinter Cell for Gamecube. But when you get into stuff about smashing people with vehicles, blood flying everywhere, stuff like that. it just loses my interest. I am just restating my point that Nintendo has family-based games that parents actually encourage their kids to play, as well as many of the games that XBOX and PS2 come out with. So if you are into one of those into the extreme shooting games, combat, that kind of stuff, Nintendo has plenty. But I guarantee that when you try any Mario game, you will wonder why you ever opposed it.

Back